For more information on the OtterX project: go here
CyanogendMod 12.0 based on Android Lollipop 5.0
REQUIREMENT: TWRP 2.7.1 or newer
BEFORE FLASHING ANDROID 5.0 the first time: PERFORM A WIPE + ADVANCED->FORMAT SYSTEM (in TWRP).
STEP 1: Download SELF-COMPILED BUILD OF CM12.0 (some open review items are applied to this build):
STEP 2: Download Android Lollipop-based GApps (by @dhacker29):
STEP 3: Reboot to recovery, wipe data and flash both .zip files (ROM first, then gapps).
STEP 4: Reboot again, and *WAIT FOR 8 - 10 MINUTES* while Android L is setup on your device.
- [11/30] Alpha build made public
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
- Initial setup can be *very* slow. *BE PATIENT.*
- Google Play Movies needs DRM fixes, it won't work.
- Current rotation settings starts the device in "Landscape", this may change
- Some of the transparency settings are disabled due to low RAM. Needs work.
- High battery drain while idle. 12%+ a day with wifi enabled.
WHAT *SHOULD* BE WORKING:
- Hardware accelerated graphics
- Hardware accelerated codecs for audio/video
RESERVED FOR NOTES
UNOFFICIAL CM12.0 for OtterX, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: OtterX Bootloader
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2014-11-30