Thanks Meter: 2,238

By transi1, Senior Member on 5th February 2016, 08:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2016, 05:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chykal

If you booted the ROM before installing Gapps you need to wipe data. The last paragraph of the OP gives this detail. If this doesn't work let us know your install process and which Gapps you are using.

I already did do that. I tried reinstalling and did Gapps before but that didn't work. When I start up the rom without Gapps it works so I'm pretty confused. When installing the rom I wipe everything and then adb push the files onto the kindle. After that I installl. The Gapps I am using is micro from the link the op gave. Any help would be appreciated!

30th March 2016, 05:50 PM |#12  
Flag S/E Michigan
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow726425

I already did do that. I tried reinstalling and did Gapps before but that didn't work. When I start up the rom without Gapps it works so I'm pretty confused. When installing the rom I wipe everything and then adb push the files onto the kindle. After that I installl. The Gapps I am using is micro from the link the op gave. Any help would be appreciated!

Are you flashing the ROM in the OP or the update from the 17th? Which TWRP version do you have? I will try to recreate the problem after work tonight and see if I can find a resolution.
31st March 2016, 12:46 PM |#13  

More
I got past the select wifi screen and exited the setup wizard but I still cant get wifi to work. It shows turning wifi on but never comes on. I've tried restarting several times. Everything else seems to be working. Any suggestions?
31st March 2016, 05:27 PM |#14  
Flag S/E Michigan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreygator

I got past the select wifi screen and exited the setup wizard but I still cant get wifi to work. It shows turning wifi on but never comes on. I've tried restarting several times. Everything else seems to be working. Any suggestions?

Try rebooting your router and forgetting the SSID on your OtterX. Then reconnect.
1st April 2016, 01:37 AM |#15  

More
Quote:

Try rebooting your router and forgetting the SSID on your OtterX. Then reconnect.

Thanks for the advice. It did not work. I don't have the option to forget the SSID because it doesn't even get that far. I looked into it a little more and the MAC address isn't correct so wifi wont turn on. Still don't have an answer but that's the problem. I'm going to try and reflash the bootloader.

Does anyone have a copy of a bootloader that it know to work with this ROM. Wifi is the only thing not working.
1st April 2016, 04:48 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

Are you flashing the ROM in the OP or the update from the 17th? Which TWRP version do you have? I will try to recreate the problem after work tonight and see if I can find a resolution.

I was using the update from the 17th. And I went off to college so my kindle is at home. If I remember right it's the newest version. Doubt that helps but when I get back home I can tell you exactly. That will be in a month though

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA-Developers mobile app
2nd April 2016, 08:38 PM |#17  
Flag S/E Michigan

More
Flash ROM Findings
I made time today to do some testing with this ROM since it showed promise to be full featured and not laggy when set up properly. There is also some question as to how to get it to flash and set up properly after the March 17th update.

If you first flash the march 17th update with Gapps it will not get past the WiFi selection. I tried many boot and reboot options to no avail.

I found that you need to flash the original version in the OP along with Gapps, nano worked for me, and then boot the ROM. Set up and WiFi work properly and most features I tried worked. The only issues I found setting it up to my liking were with setting the color in things like Slim Recents and status bar clock with settings force closing . This is a very small issue considering all the great features in this ROM. Not to mention the fact that we can now run Marshmallow on OtterX. AMAZING!

I spent some time setting it up with all my usual settings. I also set Kernel Auditor (included, thanks) - low memory killer to very aggressive. This seems to greatly reduce lag although I only used it for about half an hour.

I then flashed the March 17th update along with Gapps. It broke WiFi. Back to the original version.

I hope this helps anyone who is having issues up to this point.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreygator

Thanks for the advice. It did not work. I don't have the option to forget the SSID because it doesn't even get that far. I looked into it a little more and the MAC address isn't correct so wifi wont turn on. Still don't have an answer but that's the problem. I'm going to try and reflash the bootloader.

Does anyone have a copy of a bootloader that it know to work with this ROM. Wifi is the only thing not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow726425

I was using the update from the 17th. And I went off to college so my kindle is at home. If I remember right it's the newest version. Doubt that helps but when I get back home I can tell you exactly. That will be in a month though

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA-Developers mobile app

Forgot to mention the users who were having the issues. @shadow726425 and @coreygator
15th April 2016, 03:04 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
@transi1

Thanks once again for working so many ROMs.

The first release of this , (ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.2-20160205-otterx.zip)along with open gapps, runs more than well enough to be a daily driver.
I kept getting audioFX errors , but after an uninstall, and tweaking through Aduitor and ES Task manager to minimize what runs on startup, this is a very respectable ROM

cant get any ROM for otterx to run with /cache as f2fs, but /data is fine.
I've tried all the updated roms for otterx, and this one leads the pack . The UI is very responsive, no other load works as well IMO.

Thank you again, I'm glad you reelased it
24th April 2016, 08:13 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
New recruit. Clean install via twrp otterx.

I installed your latest, with gapps micro, and can't get past the "turning on WiFi" cm/mm nag screen during device setup. No networks populate the list after 5 min.

Rebooted to see if that helped. It did not.
24th April 2016, 01:25 PM |#20  
Flag S/E Michigan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRivlin

I installed your latest, with gapps micro, and can't get past the "turning on WiFi" cm/mm nag screen during device setup. No networks populate the list after 5 min.

Read my posts on this issue a few posts back. I go into detail on how to flash this ROM.
24th April 2016, 02:51 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRivlin

There was an issue with CM based roms at the time this was released. Not the developers fault. I saw it on several variants.

For the March version I believe you need to flash the rom and then flash the toybox fix .

I'm pretty sure this will work. Ill try it later
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5..._touch_fix.zip

edit: I can confirm that flashing the build(5.6.5) 20160316, then open gapps, then the touch fix (toybox fix), in that order corrects the known issue of WiFi being broken upon startup.

What I have seen a couple of times is setup struggles on the very first boot.
After flashing, I let it sit on the "Welcome/Pick your language" screen for a while, then when I see its struggling on the "starting wifi", I reboot, and on the next boot setup goes a lot more smoothly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeataol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeataol Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)