FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ArrowOS for LeEco Le 2 (s2) [9.0][X52X][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY]

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 275

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Akash98Sky: Arrow OS 9.0 pie is now official..;)
19th April 2019, 10:29 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4quez

"Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418" update is working great for me! Camera is more functional, working cdla earphones but the quick charge is still not working though its faster than previous updates.

Did you do a dirty flash manually (wiping before only dalvik & cache) through TWRP? No problems of boot-loop after the update of build 18/04? Thanks in advance.

19th April 2019, 10:37 AM |#232  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakardi74

Did you do a dirty flash manually (wiping before only dalvik & cache) through TWRP? No problems of boot-loop after the update of build 18/04? Thanks in advance.

I did clean flash (of course except the boot) because I kept reflashing "Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20181117" update after updating to newer versions as I was having problems with those. So far this is the most stable for me. I always try new releases and no boot-loops encountered so far.
19th April 2019, 11:57 AM |#233  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marckoby

Just FYI, the latest version Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410.zip caused my phone to enter boot loops, eventually running out of battery and blinking only fast red light, not even showing that it's charging in the off screen.

Took me a few days without my working phone to figure it out, and unbrick it.

Same effect whether Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410 was downloaded and installed from TWRP, or auto-updated inside the OS, like the first time.

Eventually I downloaded and installed the prior build Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190314.zip (from Recovery Mode) to get it functional again. Luckily, all my contacts, data and apps were still there mostly unharmed.

Quote:

Sadly, Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418.zip is having the same failed boot-loop issue Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410.zip did.

1. The built-in updater asks to download and install an update. I allow it.
2. TRWP 3.2.1.0 loads, auto-flashes it. Another reboot.
3. ArrowOS pulsating Star-Trek like logo blinks for a while.
4. "Phone is starting" appears for less than a second. Apparent crash; screen goes black. Reboot and situation repeats.

Yet again I have to Vol-Up + power to enter Recovery, from where I must copy in a last known booting version of Arrow-v9.0-s2 from March 2019, via USB to PC, and install it.
From Recovery's File Manager I also delete the faulty 500MB+ zips in /data/arrowos_updates

What's the issue? How can this be troubleshooted?
Wiping Dalvik & Cache partitions didn't help.
Not about to wipe my Data.

You need to clean flash it. Ig sources are updated that's why. Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data then flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash98Sky

Can you people get me logs? if it happens next time....

I guess it's an issue with OTA updater... So it's safe to flash the update manually...

I had tried the 10/4 update(clean flash), it was fine. better mention to clean flash in changelogs.
but after some hours on the next day, phone suddenly switched off. I forced rebooted it. But it again froze and switched off in 5 sec. This kept on repeating, so I went to havoc. :/ don't know about 18/4 build.
19th April 2019, 02:11 PM |#234  

More
Quote:

I did clean flash (of course except the boot) because I kept reflashing "Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20181117" update after updating to newer versions as I was having problems with those. So far this is the most stable for me. I always try new releases and no boot-loops encountered so far.

Never had to do a clean flash for updating Arrow OS and everything got fine after flashing. Making a clean flash means installing again everything and I really don't want to start from the beginning. And what about future updates? Do we have to do a clean flash every time?
19th April 2019, 02:42 PM |#235  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakardi74

Never had to do a clean flash for updating Arrow OS and everything got fine after flashing. Making a clean flash means installing again everything and I really don't want to start from the beginning. And what about future updates? Do we have to do a clean flash every time?

Yes it's not necessary. I also don't clean flash every update, I'm just dirty flashing '2018/11/17' update if I'm having issues with latest updates.
19th April 2019, 06:05 PM |#236  

More
Quote:

Yes it's not necessary. I also don't clean flash every update, I'm just dirty flashing '2018/11/17' update if I'm having issues with latest updates.

In the end, did someone make a dirty flash of build 18/04 without having any troubles? Hope someone will give me a confirmation. Thanks in advance.
19th April 2019, 07:09 PM |#237  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:

"Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418" update - the quick charge is still not working though its faster than previous updates.

Flash this in twrp.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobdubrovsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobdubrovsky Ad-Free
23rd April 2019, 03:33 PM |#238  

More
Quote:

Wrong! As I wrote originally, I tried the update manually too, which lead to the same endless boot-crash loop.

Which logs? How, following a crash, and before re-flashing with a working OS from Recovery?

Same problem here too. Reverted to March 14 build
16th May 2019, 03:54 AM |#239  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalularifin

Same problem here too. Reverted to March 14 build

Same problem too.. am now using lineage 15 official. If they fix the issue in the next update i'd likely reflash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)