[ROM] ArrowOS for LeEco Le 2 (s2) [9.0][X52X][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY]

Search This thread

Harryp1691

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks for the tip. Where can I find this delete option on TWRP?
No one faced this issue after flashing new build of 10/04?

I faced the same issue with 10/04 build. So I just went to TWRP and did factory reset. After that, everything worked. But still, old version felt more stable. Though this version have a fix for QR code focusing issues in apps.

Reactions: bakardi74

bakardi74

Sep 18, 2013
I faced the same issue with 10/04 build. So I just went to TWRP and did factory reset. After that, everything worked. But still, old version felt more stable. Though this version have a fix for QR code focusing issues in apps.

Thanks a lot Harry...i feel much more relieved now in hearing that. I will wait next build. I really don't want to make a hard reset and install every app from the beginning.

Just FYI, the latest version Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410.zip caused my phone to enter boot loops, eventually running out of battery and blinking only fast red light, not even showing that it's charging in the off screen.

Took me a few days without my working phone to figure it out, and unbrick it.

Same effect whether Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410 was downloaded and installed from TWRP, or auto-updated inside the OS, like the first time.

Eventually I downloaded and installed the prior build Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190314.zip (from Recovery Mode) to get it functional again. Luckily, all my contacts, data and apps were still there mostly unharmed.

bakardi74

Sep 18, 2013
Just FYI, the latest version Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410.zip caused my phone to enter boot loops, eventually running out of battery and blinking only fast red light, not even showing that it's charging in the off screen.

Same effect whether Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410 was downloaded and installed from TWRP, or auto-updated inside the OS, like the first time.

Eventually I downloaded and installed the prior build Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190314.zip (from Recovery Mode) to get it functional again. Luckily, all my contacts, data and apps were still there mostly unharmed.

Had more or less the same problems after flashing last build of 10/04. Fortunately I had a nandroid backup of previous build to restore the phone. I'ts the first time I face problems by dirty flashing Arrow OS build. I will wait the next build and hope to make a dirty flash without having such issues.

Sadly, Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418.zip is having the same failed boot-loop issue Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410.zip did.

1. The built-in updater asks to download and install an update. I allow it.
2. TRWP 3.2.1.0 loads, auto-flashes it. Another reboot.
3. ArrowOS pulsating Star-Trek like logo blinks for a while.
4. "Phone is starting" appears for less than a second. Apparent crash; screen goes black. Reboot and situation repeats.

Yet again I have to Vol-Up + power to enter Recovery, from where I must copy in a last known booting version of Arrow-v9.0-s2 from March 2019, via USB to PC, and install it.
From Recovery's File Manager I also delete the faulty 500MB+ zips in /data/arrowos_updates

What's the issue? How can this be troubleshooted?
Wiping Dalvik & Cache partitions didn't help.
Not about to wipe my Data.

bakardi74

Sep 18, 2013
Sadly, Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418.zip is having the same failed boot-loop issue Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190410.zip did.

4. "Phone is starting" appears for less than a second. Apparent crash; screen goes black. Reboot and situation repeats.

Yet again I have to Vol-Up + power to enter Recovery, from where I must copy in a last known booting version of Arrow-v9.0-s2 from March 2019, via USB to PC, and install it.
From Recovery's File Manager I also delete the faulty 500MB+ zips in /data/arrowos_updates

It is so discouraging hearing that. I had this issue by flashing build of 10/04....and now same problem. Before flashing new update of 18/04 I read fortunately your post. I will remain on build of 14/03. Hope mainatiner will give us asap an explanation and will solve this nerve-racking problem. Thanks in advance.

nubrinho

Jan 12, 2015

I'm going through the same problem.

Akash98Sky

Jun 25, 2018
Bardhaman

I'm going through the same problem.
Can you people get me logs? if it happens next time....

I guess it's an issue with OTA updater... So it's safe to flash the update manually...

e4quez

Feb 7, 2015
"Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418" update is working great for me! Camera is more functional, working cdla earphones but the quick charge is still not working though its faster than previous updates.

bakardi74

Sep 18, 2013
"Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20190418" update is working great for me! Camera is more functional, working cdla earphones but the quick charge is still not working though its faster than previous updates.

Did you do a dirty flash manually (wiping before only dalvik & cache) through TWRP? No problems of boot-loop after the update of build 18/04? Thanks in advance.

e4quez

Feb 7, 2015
Did you do a dirty flash manually (wiping before only dalvik & cache) through TWRP? No problems of boot-loop after the update of build 18/04? Thanks in advance.

I did clean flash (of course except the boot) because I kept reflashing "Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20181117" update after updating to newer versions as I was having problems with those. So far this is the most stable for me. I always try new releases and no boot-loops encountered so far. :)

MpS005

Aug 22, 2018
New Delhi

You need to clean flash it. Ig sources are updated that's why. Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data then flash

Can you people get me logs? if it happens next time....

I guess it's an issue with OTA updater... So it's safe to flash the update manually...
I had tried the 10/4 update(clean flash), it was fine. better mention to clean flash in changelogs.
but after some hours on the next day, phone suddenly switched off. I forced rebooted it. But it again froze and switched off in 5 sec. This kept on repeating, so I went to havoc. :/ don't know about 18/4 build.

bakardi74

Sep 18, 2013
I did clean flash (of course except the boot) because I kept reflashing "Arrow-v9.0-s2-OFFICIAL-20181117" update after updating to newer versions as I was having problems with those. So far this is the most stable for me. I always try new releases and no boot-loops encountered so far. :)

Never had to do a clean flash for updating Arrow OS and everything got fine after flashing. Making a clean flash means installing again everything and I really don't want to start from the beginning. And what about future updates? Do we have to do a clean flash every time?

e4quez

Feb 7, 2015
Never had to do a clean flash for updating Arrow OS and everything got fine after flashing. Making a clean flash means installing again everything and I really don't want to start from the beginning. And what about future updates? Do we have to do a clean flash every time?

Yes it's not necessary. I also don't clean flash every update, I'm just dirty flashing '2018/11/17' update if I'm having issues with latest updates.

bakardi74

Sep 18, 2013
Yes it's not necessary. I also don't clean flash every update, I'm just dirty flashing '2018/11/17' update if I'm having issues with latest updates.

In the end, did someone make a dirty flash of build 18/04 without having any troubles? Hope someone will give me a confirmation. Thanks in advance.

Harshmotwani

Sep 10, 2016
unable to flash arrowos pie version .
on latest twrp for leeco le 2 i.e. 3.2.x and still getting error :7 while flashing this rom. every other rom is flashable like pixel experience and lineage os..
pixel experience have some serious charging issues.
is there a solution??

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

charging is very slow in this rom
again back to pixel experience
in my case pixel experience charging also have serios issues..
like connects and disconnects again n again.
charging i s also slow.
and automatically stop charging near about 50-60%.
is there a solution.
already clean flashed and tried quick charge patch too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day.

Telegram: Channel | Group
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact

To apply for maintainership Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

INSTRUCTIONS
    Clean Flash
    1. Download The ROM & GApps
    2. Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
    3. Flash ROM + GApps
    4. Reboot & Enjoy
    Dirty Flash
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Wipe: Dalvik and Cache
    3. Flash ROM (+Magisk if rooted previously or if want root)
    4. Reboot & Enjoy

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Click Here for ROM
    Gapps: Click Here for GApps

Note : Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended. We don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps

Source Code
    Device Sources:
    device tree | kernel | vendor

Special thanks to

AOSP
    LineageOS
    Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic
    Maxwen
    Alex Cruz
    scoute-dich
    Tibor Kaputa
    And all other Open Source - Developers,Teams and Organisations
    DM if we missed someone - you can always look at GitHub to find more contributors! :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Arrow OS, ROM for the LeEco Le 2

Contributors
    Akash98Sky
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-09-14
    Last Updated 2019-02-15
    ? New update for Arrow OS

? Build Date: 23/09/2018

? Device Changelogs:
    * use ril and wlan caf
    * use qti bluetooth
    * use ant+ hidl
    * re-enable sound trigger

⬇️ Download Link: DOWNLOAD
    Screenshots of Arrow OS 9.0 PIE -->

Credits --> Thanks to @OctoNezd for these screenshots:D
    Failure to update ArrowOS

Sorry for our inability to give ArrowOS updates.
    After release of new aosp updates some features(like hotspot and USB tethering) are broken for this device, as a result we are unable to provide updates.
    So, updates are paused for some weeks until we are able to solve those problems.
    So, please be patient. We will be back soon.:good:
    ArrowOS update for s2 -->

Device Changelog:
    Code:
    * fixed hotspot bug
    * changed auto brightness configs
    * a few kernel side changes for more smoother experience

ROM changelogs ->
    Code:
    - Add Custom Icon Pack support
    - Swipe down gesture support on Launcher
    - Configurable App title lables in drawer and homescreen
    - Add support for ringtones per sim
    - Translations by community merged
    - Messaging app updates, pixel color default
    - Long touch on  QS Title will show detailed view
    - Fixed QS Tiles title visibility
    - Qcom HAL upates
    - VoLTE icon from OOS Pie
    -  Other changes: optimisations, core changes, package updates etc. More info can be seen on gerrit

Download Link -> DOWNLOAD