[Abandoned][TruWhite Mod] Kernel Adiutor Settings for Overload Kernel

Search This thread

gueroldguevs

May 16, 2014
Overload v4.22 out
I just have suggestions use "Smartpack Kernel Manager" its just same as kernel auditor but more features..
Waiting Mod for v4.22 TIA:good:

RandomDelta

Jan 21, 2019
the CPU voltage settings are changing automatically. Is this normal?

Yes it is normal.
Due to silicon lottery, some processors can withstand higher voltage and overclock more than others. Kernel Adiutor intelligently lowers voltage if it figures that your processor cannot handle it. It is possible that the processor in your device is slightly inferior so kernel Adiutor is reducing voltage to prevent damage to your processor.

My suggestion would be to first change the voltage for lower clock speed and progressively move on to change the voltage for higher clock speeds, first for the small cores then for the big cores. ( In simple words, change voltages for first row first . Then change for the second row. And so on )
If kernel Adiutor makes any changes then for the lower clock speeds in voltage, let it be. After you have finished doing settings across CPU , GPU, voltage, I/O , etc, then go to profiles, tap the + button and save current profile as new profile. Then tap the three dots on the new profile and set it to be applied on Boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skake and MpS005

RandomDelta

Jan 21, 2019
Overload v4.22 out
I just have suggestions use "Smartpack Kernel Manager" its just same as kernel auditor but more features..
Waiting Mod for v4.22 TIA:good:

Nice suggestion!
Thank you all for the encouragement and enthusiasm regarding TruWhite Mod.
I am sorry to say that I will have to suspend development for about a month because I don't have time now. I probably won't release a version for Overload kernel v4.22 anytime soon.

Edit: Yes. I have exams.

Update: Overload v4.22 is very similar to v4.21
So use TruWhiteMOD v1.3 All settings remain same. Just enable dynamic fsync. The boost clock on little cores was removed and so 1428mhz is no longer available . Set 1401 MHz as maximum frequency for little cores. No more changes.

BTW, I checked out Smartpack kernel manager. I don't recommend it because the values reported by it are not always correct and the values I set are not being set exactly and It is often setting other values .

Last edited:

RandomDelta

Jan 21, 2019
Need .jason file for Kernel Adiutor
Here is the .Json file for the latest version(v1.3 for Overload v4.22)

Instructions:
1. Extract File
2. Go to Kernel Adiutor, set import profile under profile.
3. Select the target .Json file and tap ok.
4. Select apply on boot under the three dots menu.
5.Reboot
6. Go to Kernel Adiutor→ profiles. Tap to apply , confirm the prompt

Reactions: lokalkey

maskeprakash

Sep 24, 2018
Here is the .Json file for the latest version(v1.3 for Overload v4.22)

Instructions:
1. Extract File
2. Go to Kernel Adiutor, set import profile under profile.
3. Select the target .Json file and tap ok.
4. Select apply on boot under the three dots menu.
5.Reboot
6. Go to Kernel Adiutor→ profiles. Tap to apply , confirm the prompt

There's no .jason file in this :(

RandomDelta

Jan 21, 2019
Overload v4.23 has been released but updated thermal libs cause it to thermal throttle . Performance is down by 8% and the Color calibration is messed up. It's gonna take some time for v1.4

Last edited:

RandomDelta

Jan 21, 2019
Is the death of custom kernels for Le Eco Le 2 upon us? We had only one custom kernel (Overload Kernel) under active development, but we haven't had a release in a long time. I guess the days of glory of Le 2 are already behind us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TruWhite MOD for Overload Kernel by RandomDelta

I have put together my settings for extracting the best performance with minimal effect on battery life from our Le eco Le 2. I have calibrated the display to true paper white colors and increased saturation to emulate AMOLED displays. Some of you may not like that so you can turn down the color saturation. While changing Voltage settings, please note that not all processors are built the same and yours might not be able to withstand the overclock. If for some reason there are random freezes, Just lower the voltage by 5mv after rebooting. The color profile has been extracted from Le eco vivid color mode EUI 5.9 with boosted color saturation . Not all displays are created equal so the color profile may not be perfect for you. Just adjust RGB by ±5 to get what works best for you. Word of caution, while playing games the phone can get pretty warm. If it concerns you, lower the throttle temperature and Temperature limit under thermal at the cost of some performance. Screen on time is 8 hrs at 50% brightness and 6 hrs at 100% brightness. I recommend 90% for optimum usage. Download the attached zip and adjust settings as in the pictures. Performance Is up by 20% from stock settings and battery usage is 5%less than stock settings. Performance test screenshot is also attached.
    Hope you like it . Do comment on how you like it :)

Suggestions and Requests are welcome.

XDA DevDB Information
    TruWhite MOD for Overload Kernel by RandomDelta, Device Specific for the LeEco Le 2 (x52X)

Credits
    renjian
    - for making Overload Kernel
    RandomDelta - For Custom Settings and optimizations.

If you don't have Overload Kernel, you can download your preferred version from the link given below
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283143

Instructions
    1. Download and flash preferred version of Overload Kernel in Twrp
    2. Install Kernel Adiutor and give it Root privileges
    3. Download and extract image files from the zip file for corresponding Overload Kernel Version in this post.
    4. Compare settings in screenshot images in zip to the settings in Kernel Adiutor and set them to values mentioned in the screen shots. Set them to be applied on Boot. Wait for a few seconds and the new settings will have applied .

Notes:
    1. Distribution of TruWhite Mod files directly is not allowed. You are requested to drop a link to this page on the thread you wish to.
    2. This is not a flashable zip
    3. .json files will be made available on request. Using the .Json file you can import it in kernel Adiutor (donate version),set that to apply on boot and hence apply the customizations in a single click rather than having to fiddle with various settings.

Donation
    If you like my work, you can donate me a cup of coffee.
    UPI: nilimadutta74@okaxis

Changelog
    v1.0
    1.Smoother I/O performance than stock
    2.Increased CPU and GPU performance than stock
    3. Fine tuned color profile for a more color accurate vibrant display leading to a more enjoyable media playback experience and Better visibility of small targets in competitive games.
    4.Tuned CPU voltages to further increase performance with minimal effect on battery
    5. Thermals tuned for delivering maximum performance without thermal throttling .
    6. Optimized Memory manager for multi-tasking
    7. LKT is not recommended
    8. Optimized only for Overload Kernel v4.14

v1.1
    1. Increased I/O performance
    2.Changed screen color calibration to reduce eye strain
    3.Now compatible with LKT
    4.Optimized for Overload Kernel v4.14 and v4.15

v1.2
    1. Optimized for Overload Kernel v4.19
    2. Optimized battery life further.
    3. LKT balanced or battery mode suggested as add on.
    4.Reduced I/O lag
    5. Removed Performance test screenshot
    6.Also applicable to Overload Kernel v4.17, v4.18 and v4.20

v1.3
    1. Optimized for Overload Kernel v4.21
    2. Improved Standby time
    3. Improved peak performance by upto 7%
    4. Changed screen color calibration to fix oversaturated yellows
    5. I/O operations are now less battery intensive
    6. Improved Network Performance for faster downloads
    7. Optimized thermal performance further
    8. Also applicable to Overload Kernel v4.22
    9. Color Profile and Thermal calibration is no longer optimised on devices running June 2019 patch or newer due to updated libs.

v1.4
    1. Fixed Color Profile and Thermal profile for optimum performance.
    2.Tuned Kcal to be slightly warm to reduce eye fatigue.
    3. Color Calibration based on Redmi Note 7 Pro Increased Contrast (Cool) display profile.
    4.Improved Standby time significantly.
    5. Reduced idle battery drain
    6. Increased GPU performance while gaming.
    7.Tuned Cpu Voltages to prioritise performance under heavy load and battery under light load.
    8. Unable to fix I/O lag. Still looking into how to solve it. Help is appreciated. Virtual Memory needs to be tweaked further.
    9. Optimized for Overload Kernel v4.23

This project has been abandoned as Overload Kernel is no longer being updated

Version information
    Current Stable Version : v1.4
    Latest Version :v1.4
    Final Version :v1.4

Created 25-01-2019
    Last Updated 28-07-2019
    TruWhite Mod v1.4 has been released.
    Refer to OP for changelog
    Attached Zip for those who want .json file
    Can this for 4.15?
    How about gaming?
    Its good or nah?

Every Version of kernel is different from each other and features pop up and disappear with updates. So certain customizations mentioned in this guide may not be available in a different kernel version. Also, optimum values tend to differ from kernel version to version. So yeah, it'll work in v4.15 but you might not get the best results.
    It's good for gaming coz you get a 20% performance boost over stock. You can improve performance further by changing CPU and GPU governers to Performance, increasing minimum CPU and GPU speed, increasing minimum number of big cores online and increasing the temperature limits but it will adversely affect your thermals and battery life.
    the CPU voltage settings are changing automatically. Is this normal?

Yes it is normal.
    Due to silicon lottery, some processors can withstand higher voltage and overclock more than others. Kernel Adiutor intelligently lowers voltage if it figures that your processor cannot handle it. It is possible that the processor in your device is slightly inferior so kernel Adiutor is reducing voltage to prevent damage to your processor.

My suggestion would be to first change the voltage for lower clock speed and progressively move on to change the voltage for higher clock speeds, first for the small cores then for the big cores. ( In simple words, change voltages for first row first . Then change for the second row. And so on )
    If kernel Adiutor makes any changes then for the lower clock speeds in voltage, let it be. After you have finished doing settings across CPU , GPU, voltage, I/O , etc, then go to profiles, tap the + button and save current profile as new profile. Then tap the three dots on the new profile and set it to be applied on Boot.