FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL][AOSP] OmniROM 9.0 Pie [TREBLE]

852 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,154

Post Reply Email Thread
OmniROM 9 PIE: wihtout limits. More AOSP, more Google!

OmniROM is our Android custom ROM variant, feature-packed but always with stability as #1 priority in mind.
Based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements, OmniROM has set out to give you a great Android experience on your mobile. Omni isn’t better, just different.
What is OmniROM? | OmniROM Source | OmniROM Gerrit Review | OmniROM G+

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/* Your warranty is now void .. bla-bla-bla... other non-informative text */
Supported devices: LEX820 (X2_CN), LEX821 (X2_WW), LEX822 (X2_CN), LEX829 (X2_NA)
Downloads:
  • OFFICIAL WEEKLY BUILDS: https://dl.omnirom.org/x2/
    Warning: official build signed with other key. So you need wipe data when migrate HOMEMADE<->OFFICIAL.
    Description: Offical build has enforced selinux, stock omni dialer (no recording). Build stable.
  • OmniROM daily unofficail auto-builds WITH DELTA_OTA!: http://dl.nixadm.ru/omni-9-x2/ you need wipe data when migrate OFFICIAL<->HOMEMADE!
  • Open Gapps (ARM64, 9.0, pico or micro recomend)
  • TWRP for 9.0 treble here or any other TWRP with TREBLE support
  • Google Camera: (Recommend Tolyan009 builds as Arnova8G2 builds are not always compatible with Pie x2 ROMs here
  • Focus fix, VoLTE fix: will be soon in Settings.
  • Magisk (Root) (if u need it) can be found here. Note: install magisk only after reboot to rom!

ChangeLog: http://dl.nixadm.ru/omni-9-x2/Changelog.txt (only for homemade, for official please look changelog app!)

Firmware:
Instructions :
  • Download TWRP, Firmware, ROM, GApps and Magisk
  • Reboot to recovery and install new twrp, and firmware
  • Wipe is recomended
  • Flash ROM and GApps
  • Reboot to ROM and finish setup
  • Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk if you need it. Note, you must boot to rom first before flash Magisk. Dont flash it with ROM at once!
  • For enable VoLTE after reboot, focus camera fix, etc: enable switch in OmniGears -> Device Features (thats same that was Le Extras).

Known issues:
  • Wifi Diplay dont work
  • Test and find

Credits:
Sources:
Special Thanks:
  • @codeworkx for his major contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel and the awesome open source camera HAL
  • @ThE_MarD for help, manifests for oreo, and his contributions to x2 develop.
  • @mosimchah for his contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel
  • @moto999999 for helping the x2 get LAOS 15.1 working. When others left LAOS he helped get the momentum started again.
  • @infrag for his contributions to x2 such as the multiple audio fixes, LEDs and sorting out the open source camera HAL blobs and assisting with QS Torch
  • @shivatejapeddi for his contributions to x2 such as finding the fix for QS Torch and the regularly requested VoLTE support XD
  • @KuranKaname for his contributions to x2 such as helping get Dalvik VM and HWUI sorted out when 14.1 settings didn't work on 15.1, plus his never-ending mission to finding the most optimized code.
  • @Tortel1210 for his contributions to x2 and helping out with gerrit.
  • @GalaticStryder for his fix for truly display panel that is better than my fix and his other awesome kernel improvements.
    ViSi0Naryy for his contributions to LeEco msm9996-common with testing and contributions with Gerrit
  • ...and finally the community. This is for the community, by the community. Give yourselves a pat on the back. If I missed anyone? Please let me know and I can add them.

Created 2018-10-11
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to andr68rus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andr68rus Ad-Free

11th October 2018, 07:25 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tambov

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andr68rus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andr68rus Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 08:08 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
andr68rus is back. Great to see you again after a perfectly build rom. We got another pie rom with a great developer. Many thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peace30 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peace30 Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 10:23 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Just when things could not get any better
Omni love , @andr68rus <3

Huge thanks, will try it later though

Could someone pl. share some ss...
The Following User Says Thank You to xuser_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xuser_ Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 11:01 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tambov

Donate to Me
More
New build: omni-9-20181011v2-x2
Download: http://dl.nixadm.ru/omni-9-x2/omni-9...2-HOMEMADE.zip
Main changes:
+ Added LE EXTRAS ( Quick charge, focus fix, VoLTE fix(disabled by default, may not work yet, not sure) toggles; KCAL display calibration). ToDO: move it to OmniGear.
* Fixed derp with sound props
Full changelog: here
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andr68rus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andr68rus Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 12:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr68rus

New build: omni-9-20181011v2-x2
Download: http://dl.nixadm.ru/omni-9-x2/omni-9...2-HOMEMADE.zip
Main changes:
+ Added LE EXTRAS ( Quick charge, focus fix, VoLTE fix(disabled by default, may not work yet, not sure) toggles; KCAL display calibration). ToDO: move it to OmniGear.
* Fixed derp with sound props
Full changelog: here

How about EAS like your Omni Pie for Mi Mix 2, just want to know if any plans in future
The Following User Says Thank You to xuser_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xuser_ Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 03:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tambov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuser_

How about EAS like your Omni Pie for Mi Mix 2, just want to know if any plans in future

We will try Now plans make all stable first of all for trees/kernel. And turnback all customisation from oreo in to pie. Than will be tuning
For mix 2 I use EAS, but i must say that this dont get huge profit, +- same as for non-EAS governors.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andr68rus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andr68rus Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 03:47 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Omni is always, one of the best ROMs. hope this would become one.
11th October 2018, 05:59 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr68rus

[CENTER]OmniROM 9 PIE: wihtout limits. More AOSP, more Google!

Welcome back - That is an absolutely warm one.
Hope to see MultiROM too .
11th October 2018, 08:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
A quick observation: rom is pretty smooth and fluid.
Volte is working for me without switching toggle on.
Camera focus works.
Battery backup normal. No draining issues.
No issue of asking to set sim for data after every reboot like other pie roms.
Working good so far. Found some bugs...
1. Cast screen doesn't work.
2. Auto brightness resets after every reboot.
3. Power bank doesn't charge the device.

Hi @andr68rus, jio network signal is stable in revenge os . could you implement APN settings from there. Charging with power bank also working in revenge os. You can get some implements from there.
This rom is really beautiful and ready for daily driver.
Thanks
12th October 2018, 04:14 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Welcome back
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanadalard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tanadalard Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
omnirom, pie, x82x

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)