FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][MAGISK][TREBLE] Dual Speaker/PseudoStereo soundmod for Le Max 2, Magisk module

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 38
 
By J3is, Member on 15th January 2019, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone!
With this thread I want to present to you a cool mod I created, nicely packed inside of a Magisk module.
This module enables PseudoStereo on our Le Max 2, effectively enabling the earpiece to output media audio alongside the main speaker.
Since the speakers are not positioned left and right, and do not have the same output volume, a true stereo effect cannot be achieved, hence both speakers put out both L and R channels simultaneously.

Unfortunately, the Le Max 2's earpiece speaker isn't that loud, so the effect is *really* subtle, even though it becomes a little more noticeable the higher the volume is.
I could increase earpiece gain, but that would distort the sound and probably wouldn't be healthy for the speaker itself (you can do it yourself if you want, but I don't recommend it).

I thought I would make this since I found some people around searching, like me, for a mod of this kind.

The module replaces a file inside the vendor partition, hence it has been tested by me on the following Treble ROMs: AOSP Extended, AICP, AOSiP and RevengeOS.
Does it work on non-treble ROMs? Probably not, at least for now, but you can always try.
Not working on stock ROM, neither AOSP Extended with EUI-Audio zip flashed. Working on it!

This mod can work in conjunction with other audio mods (Arise, Viper, Dolby), provided you install it first, before installing them. (Thanks to @lucian1983 for testing this)

Changelog:
Code:
- v1.2 - Fixed a problem where no sound would come out from the earpiece when an audio message was being played through it;
          - Default volume is now 92, earpiece sounds a bit louder;
          - Added a new zip file (namely HighVolume) which raises default volume to 100 (WARNING: could distort, especially with bass-heavy music).
- v1.1 - Fixed a problem where the earpiece would keep outputting media audio even if headphones are connected.
- v1   - Initial release
Hope you enjoy!

GitHub Repo

Downloads:
GitHub
Google Drive Mirror

Special thanks to @Dante63 for his helpful video
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to J3is For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J3is Ad-Free
 
 
16th January 2019, 04:38 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I flashed it through magisk manager ,it did not work for me.also tried through twrp clearing cache but no effect noticeable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saksham.s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saksham.s Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 05:45 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Ganganagar
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi thanks for the mod. It's working in RevengeOS.
I think it would be even better if earpiece was louder at low volume. That would make it more noticeable.
Edit: Sound comes from earpiece even when headphones connected. Please fix this 😄
The Following User Says Thank You to Manavbishnoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Manavbishnoi Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 09:25 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Not working for me. Flashed in Magisk, I'm on latest AEX with eui audio zip installed and Dolby-Viper module.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucian1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucian1983 Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 10:26 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Talamona
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manavbishnoi

Hi thanks for the mod. It's working in RevengeOS.
I think it would be even better if earpiece was louder at low volume. That would make it more noticeable.
Edit: Sound comes from earpiece even when headphones connected. Please fix this

Thanks for the suggestion, gonna look into it.
I completely forgot to test with headphones, anyway it's an easy fix, going to do it as soon as I get home in a few hours.
16th January 2019, 10:30 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Talamona
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucian1983

Not working for me. Flashed in Magisk, I'm on latest AEX with eui audio zip installed and Dolby-Viper module.

If you're on AEX it should work... Viper shouldn't interfere, but try to disable it temporarly.
Also, try to higher the volume, maybe it's just because it's not that noticeable (not much I can do about this).

Edit: just noticed you're using EUI audio, that may be the culprit, I'm going to check and see if it needs something to make it compatible.
16th January 2019, 10:39 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Talamona
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saksham.s

I flashed it through magisk manager ,it did not work for me.also tried through twrp clearing cache but no effect noticeable.

Which ROM are you on?
The Following User Says Thank You to J3is For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J3is Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 10:47 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3is

If you're on AEX it should work... Viper shouldn't interfere, but try to disable it temporarly.
Also, try to higher the volume, maybe it's just because it's not that noticeable (not much I can do about this).

Edit: just noticed you're using EUI audio, that may be the culprit, I'm going to check and see if it needs something to make it compatible.

No difference when I enable/disable Viper. Might be EUI audio zip culprit, but to disable that I must flash again dirty the whole ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucian1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucian1983 Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 10:53 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Talamona
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucian1983

No difference when I enable/disable Viper. Might be EUI audio zip culprit, but to disable that I must flash again dirty the whole ROM.

Can you send me the EUI audio zip file you flashed? (I can't find it)
I'll see what I can do.
16th January 2019, 11:06 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3is

Can you send me the EUI audio zip file you flashed? (I can't find it)
I'll see what I can do.

I uploaded it first to Drive and here is the link. For some reason I cannot send it directly through xda app. Hope it helps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12M0...w?usp=drivesdk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucian1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucian1983 Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 11:56 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Works on RevengeOS ! Even though the Ear Piece is pretty quiet.
I would suggest to make an offset fpr the Ear Piece so its earlier at max volume.

Great work so far! Was looking a long time for a mod like this!
The Following User Says Thank You to sebb2297 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sebb2297 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualspeaker, lemax2, magisk, pseudostereo, soundmod

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes