FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Bluetooth car audio problem

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Scarhead, Junior Member on 27th May 2018, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just bought the JVC KD-R792BT CD bluetooth receiver for my car. Streaming music works fine and with Android Auto e.g. in GMaps I can hear the voice with my car audio and the mic works for OK google. But when I try to make calls it just switches to the speaker and mic of my phone. In the bluetooth settings I have checked phone audio, media audio and contacts, but for phone audio it says "connected (no phone)".
How can I activate the mic and speakers of my car?
I'm on BlackX ROM based on Lineage 14.1.
Which ROM do you use for working car audio?
Thanks for replies.

30th May 2018, 04:12 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Now I switched ROM to stock 28s. Same problem. I installed modem 466D. Same behavior.
I even checked the firmware of the stereo, but the latest is already installed.
The hands-free calls don't work, bluetooth always says "connected (no calls)" !
Nobody here who uses speaker phone with a cd receiver and got it working?
30th May 2018, 06:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarhead

Now I switched ROM to stock 28s. Same problem. I installed modem 466D. Same behavior.
I even checked the firmware of the stereo, but the latest is already installed.
The hands-free calls don't work, bluetooth always says "connected (no calls)" !
Nobody here who uses speaker phone with a cd receiver and got it working?

I too had same problem with my powerbeats 3 and Le max 2, It worked up to 16s or 15s i guess but after that in every version (19s to 28s) it says connected (no phone)...
Previously i was using root method where i used to replace bluetooth.default.so file from 15s in my 28s in folder (system/lib/hw) and restart phone... it works by this method..
But recently i found new method, just temporarily flash twrp and flash the file linked below.. it ll do the job.
To temporarily boot into twrp type this command (mobile in fastboot)---- "fastboot boot filename.img"

https://mega.nz/#!uVx0FB4B!gR3xLJKzP...Wro0idZ25zOHJc
30th May 2018, 08:40 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Hey thx man!
I just managed to fix it by replacing the bluetooth.default.so file (from 15s found in another thread) after rooting like you said you did some time ago.
Now can you tell me if your new fix-file will also work for custom roms?
12th June 2018, 05:01 PM |#5  
Flag Grande Prairie
Thanks Meter: 1,180

More
Heyyo, for custom ROMs I believe they need Bluetooth acdb ID updates. I have been working on this for LineageOS 15.1 for x2.

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/Lin...o_x2/+/217072/

1. To try them on any custom ROM? Please visit that link

2. Download > archive

3. Extract the audio_platform_info.xml and mixer_paths_tasha.xml

4. Now with a root file Explorer or via TWRP make a backup copy of the two files on your device (Nougat and earlier ROMs will be under /system/etc/ and Oreo and future ROMs would be under /system/vendor/etc/)

5. Copy the ones from my archive to that location

6. Reboot and see what happens!

Tbh I haven't fully tested the Bluetooth acdb ID changes as I don't have hands free BT vehicle audio but I image they are similar to my BT speaker that has a microphone on it... But I could be wrong...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)