FP FIX?!?!?

Search This thread

kkcheong

Oct 20, 2009
Penang
LG V50 ThinQ
Mine just sprung back to life. I decided to try calibrating again just as I was reading this post. I calibrated it about 12 times, then restarted the phone. After that, I could register my fp again.
When it stopped working more than two months ago, I almost ordered the sensor, because I read here that it was definitely the problem, but then someone else said he could take pics by tapping the fp sensor. When I tried that, it worked. So, I concluded it was a software issue. I've been trying other stuff without success since it stopped working, but luckily, it worked today.
N.B.
I was on 23s when it stopped working. I flashed 26s immediately, and the other firmware someone uploaded, but there was no joy. However, I did a reset yesterday, and flashed back to 23s. I don't know if that actually helped.
Phone = x829

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I installed the one in the link below.
https://xdaforums.com/le-max-2/development/lex2x820-cn-5-9-026s-t3597041

Did u enable and use quick charge 3.0?

godhek

Dec 4, 2015
Just want to share as it's as crazy as it might sound. My Le Max 2 x829 fingerprint miraculously came back from the dead after using the phone for the past 3 years without it. It stopped working since the 4th day after using for the first time back in 2016.

At that time, I searched these forums for solutions as it would be troublesome to ask for refund by returning the phone to China (Gearbest). I ended up using Small Eui Rom since then, but still the fingerprint didn't work. I just thought it was a hardware defect and didn't bother to install different kind of roms to revive it as the results posted here by members were inconsistent.

Then now, when I was about to retire this phone, I looked for some PIE Roms here to try new features of the Android 9.0 as the Small Eui Rom was just stuck at Marshmallow.

I upgraded my TWRP to the latest version for this phone and decided to install Revenge OS Pasta 2.5 Official Rom. I followed their instructions to flash from TWRP and added the 26S zip modem file in the process. Everything went smoothly, and I liked the rom very much and it worked fantastic, even the IR blaster worked flawlessly with the remote app from this rom. But, still no sign of fingerprint revival at that time.

Then, I searched these forums again if there's an updated solution for this old problem. I found a thread mentioned using 446D modem file and suggested that the phone should not be rebooted after installation, but instead shut it down. So, I followed the step and wait for few minutes before turning on the phone again. To my disappointment, it didn't work. The fingerprint was still dead. I didn't install any apps other then ones included in the rom and i didn't even register my Google account.

So, I just turned it off again and charged it overnight. The following evening I decided to turn on the phone again to try adding finger again, and to my surprise, the fingerprint sensor vibrated again for the first time in 3 years! Unfortunately, it failed to register a finger before time out as it could only vibrate 2 times in a row. I rebooted the phone again a few times, but it went silent again as nothing happens when trying to add a finger.

I just shut it down again and left on my desk without charging as the battery still around 76% after a few reboot attempts.

I left it for about 3 days without touching it, until one evening I decided to turn it on again. To my big survive, the long thought dead fingerprint sensor miraculously came back to life! At first, it worked sluggishly as it took a long time to register a finger, but at least it could complete the process for a finger. Fortunately, it performed better for the subsequent 2 fingers. On the 4th finger added, the registration process went smoothly!

However, after the finger registration process were done, the unlocking process were inconsistent as it sometimes worked, but failed most of the time. So, I just turned it off again.

The next day, after turning the phone on and waited a few minutes before using the scanner, the unlocking process were much better as it read faster and faster. And now, it just worked again like it never died! Yes there were still some time it was unresponsive, but it unlocked quite fast when it worked.

Maybe my experience could be useful for anyone who wants to try. I just overwhelmed this could happen! :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damn

same thing happened, phone not even 1 week old.

(scheiß hurensohn firma)
    That's the exact problem,I ordered from aliexpress too and the phone just went like this after 2 days of usuage,it's currently about 4 months old and i just wish i could replace the fp scanner on my country
    :(
    feel kind of dumb now for not doing enough research before buying it.

EDIT: received official response from le eco trought email contact

their problem solution isn't any different than any of here floating around

btw here the response.

Good day!

Thank you for contacting LeEco US Customer Service. We are more than happy to assist you.

We really apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you, rest assured that we will do our best to resolve your concern as soon as possible.

Based on your email, your Le Max2 fingerprint was stopped working.

To further assist you, please follow these steps below:

(1) Update phone software to the latest version,

(2) Go to Settings > Fingerprint & Password > Fingerprint Calibration > Start Calibrating > Done.

(3)If calibration failed, please try again. If it fails again, it is a hardware problem. Please contact where you purchased phone for the after-sale policy. If calibration is successful, then restart the phone.

(4)Try to register a fingerprint after restart. If there is no vibration, no response and no prompt, then it should be a hardware problem. Please contact where you purchased phone for the after-sale policy.

Any further questions, please feel free to contact us or visit our help page: http://www.lemall.com/us/helpself.html.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

James

LeEco US Customer Service Center

Email: lecare@le.com

Forum: forum.letv.com/us

Le Mall: 855-343-6688
    Heyyo, have you tried flashing the latest modem firmware? It helps with the fingerprint sensor a lot, especially on custom ROMs. Modem firmware also affects other hardware. Fixed the FP for my x829 using Chinese 23s firmware.

https://yadi.sk/d/5v2p3F7o3GJBxn
    I got my Le Max2 3 month ago. The FP was dead the second day after I receive it. Feel very bad about it. Tried many ROMs and modems, none of them work. This week, I tried the new Small EUI V15 with 26S ROM, the FP magically comes alive again. If you installed TWRP, it is good to the 26S rom to revive the dead FP.