FORUMS

How to Root LeEco Le Max 2 - Full Proof Root Method - Detailed Method - For Dummies!

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Post Reply Email Thread
So LeEco ( LeTV or Le ) Launched Their Summer End Device AKA The One and The Only The Flagship Of This Year ( Just jk ) Le MAX 2, This phone has Killer Specs, Killer Price and Everything Which Is Clear and I Also attended the Event which happend in Sirifort India.
Today I'm Going to show You guys a Root Method of The Device, So basically TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 is already available.
Let's Start Doing It :
Firstly Download the following Files :

Download ADB Fastboot Driver : stechguide (dot) com/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/
Download TWRP 3.0 : androidfilehost (dot) com/?fid=24588239633383558
Download SuperSu : download.chainfire (dot) eu/897/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip

Install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 –

1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.

Code:
fastboot devices
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) YAAY!, you installed the custom recovery on YOUR PHONE!

Time to root :
1) To Root LeEco Le Max 2, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.

2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.

3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.

4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root.

5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. yaay! you rooted the device!

Enjoy!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DakshMiglani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DakshMiglani Ad-Free
21st July 2016, 06:49 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakshMiglani

So LeEco ( LeTV or Le ) Launched Their Summer End Device AKA The One and The Only The Flagship Of This Year ( Just jk ) Le MAX 2, This phone has Killer Specs, Killer Price and Everything Which Is Clear and I Also attended the Event which happend in Sirifort India.
Today I'm Going to show You guys a Root Method of The Device, So basically TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 is already available.
Let's Start Doing It :
Firstly Download the following Files :

Download ADB Fastboot Driver : stechguide (dot) com/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/
Download TWRP 3.0 : androidfilehost (dot) com/?fid=24588239633383558
Download SuperSu : download.chainfire (dot) eu/897/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip

Install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 –

1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.

Code:
fastboot devices
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) YAAY!, you installed the custom recovery on YOUR PHONE!

Time to root :
1) To Root LeEco Le Max 2, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.

2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.

3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.

4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root.

5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. yaay! you rooted the device!

Enjoy!

very good how to! couldn't go wrong.! before step 4 I also check if device is connected via code: adb devices.
if device is not showing up you already know somethin's wrong.
21st July 2016, 07:41 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 474
 
More
Thank you for the guide. I pushed twrp into my phone without any error and I'm on the OTA 5.8.015S but it doesn't work. I rebooted into recovery and it still gave me the stock recovery screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free
21st July 2016, 11:42 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 474
 
More
Finally got it to work! After pushing twrp you have to type fastboot boot twrp.img and you will get a screen that looks like it's broken. Leave it alone for about 1 minute or two then the screen will turn off. Then press the power button once only to wake the screen up. From there twrp is working! Thank you to steve mars and jim262 for this tips!
The Following User Says Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free
24th July 2016, 11:59 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Cannot mount /cust in TWRP
After trying to flash I noticed that after the wipes The failure of /cust cannot be mounted appears.
31st July 2016, 04:03 AM |#6  
windhoarse00's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Can't get adb/fastboot to work on Windows 10
The Following User Says Thank You to windhoarse00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift windhoarse00 Ad-Free
29th October 2016, 11:20 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 460
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windhoarse00

Can't get adb/fastboot to work on Windows 10

Did you ever get a solution for this?

Windows 10 can be a pain at times when it comes to drivers and stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sörnäinen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sörnäinen Ad-Free
29th October 2016, 07:18 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sörnäinen

Did you ever get a solution for this?

Windows 10 can be a pain at times when it comes to drivers and stuff.

Were you asking for help or just wanted to help windhoarse00?
29th October 2016, 07:33 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 460
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amowagou

Were you asking for help or just wanted to help windhoarse00?

I don't have the phone yet - a mix of both, as I will be in a similar situation soon.
29th October 2016, 09:09 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
@Sörnäinen, I have no problem in getting the adb to work on my Win 10 PC although I have no intention to root or install third party ROM on my phone. I am happy with the stock Chinese 18S firmware.
29th October 2016, 09:19 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 460
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amowagou

@Sörnäinen, I have no problem in getting the adb to work on my Win 10 PC although I have no intention to root or install third party ROM on my phone. I am happy with the stock Chinese 18S firmware.

That's welcome news, cheers.
For me rooting a phone and putting a custom ROM of my choice is essential - not to speak of Titanium Backup to transfer all my stuff to the new phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes