FORUMS

Notification area, "home" and "recent" buttons not working

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By splicehere, Junior Member on 10th December 2018, 10:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
(I'm running cuoco92 stable release, so I also posted in that thread. But maybe this section here is a better place for my problem)

Hi there!

Right after charging, the notification area and the "Home" and "Recent" buttons stopped working ("Back" still works). I also can't access the Settings>Users and Developer Options menus ("Developer options are not available for this user").

Most fixes I could find relate to other phones like Motorola and LG, but with the LeEco everything seems a little different. Those guides pretty much all tell the same thing:
1. Try a different user account (doesn't work, because I can't access it anymore) and
2. create an Activity Widget with Nova Launcher pointing to SetupWizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity (or com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity). It also can have slightly different names like TestActivity, SetupExitActivity, or WizardFullActivity.

Problem is: I can't find any of those. There's LeEco Setup Wizard/.EnableSetupWizardActivity but it just says "App isn't installed" when I click on the widget.

Wiping the cache partition and re-installing the ROM also didn't work. I really hope someone can help me with this, because I don't have time for a complete wipe right now...
11th December 2018, 03:17 PM |#2  
Flag Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicehere

(I'm running cuoco92 stable release, so I also posted in that thread. But maybe this section here is a better place for my problem)

Hi there!

Right after charging, the notification area and the "Home" and "Recent" buttons stopped working ("Back" still works). I also can't access the Settings>Users and Developer Options menus ("Developer options are not available for this user").

Most fixes I could find relate to other phones like Motorola and LG, but with the LeEco everything seems a little different. Those guides pretty much all tell the same thing:
1. Try a different user account (doesn't work, because I can't access it anymore) and
2. create an Activity Widget with Nova Launcher pointing to SetupWizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity (or com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity). It also can have slightly different names like TestActivity, SetupExitActivity, or WizardFullActivity.

Problem is: I can't find any of those. There's LeEco Setup Wizard/.EnableSetupWizardActivity but it just says "App isn't installed" when I click on the widget.

Wiping the cache partition and re-installing the ROM also didn't work. I really hope someone can help me with this, because I don't have time for a complete wipe right now...

That's odd, the same thing happened to me 2 days ago on RevengeOS. I thought it must be a bug in ROS... Anyway, I was able to get the phone back along the lines you mention above. Through adb:
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity

Or just launch a terminal app on the phone, type su and then:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity
13th December 2018, 02:11 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoach

That's odd, the same thing happened to me 2 days ago on RevengeOS. I thought it must be a bug in ROS... Anyway, I was able to get the phone back along the lines you mention above. Through adb:
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity

Or just launch a terminal app on the phone, type su and then:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity

Thanks for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, it went how I suspected it would. I'm getting:
Error Type 3
Error: Activity class {...} does not exist.
So, this Setup Wizard is just not part of the ROM, it seems. There must be something equivalent in it somewhere, but where to find it?

I also tried:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.letv.android.setupwizard/.EnableSetupWizardActivity
and got "Error: Activity not started, unknown error code -2".
But i only guessed the package name since I have no idea how to find those names. I only know the folder structure is "/system/priv-app/letvsetupwizard/letvsetupwizard.apk" and it shows up in activities as "LeEco Setup Wizard/.EnableSetupWizardActivity".

The only other thing I could think of is to create a new user via terminal. Is that possible?

But yeah, I'm running out of options. Should've looked into TWRP backups sooner. Was just about done perfectly configuring everything...
14th December 2018, 09:02 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
So, I got it working again, today!

First, I created a new user with
pm create-user User_Name
and switched to the new user with
am switch-user User_ID
and back again to my old user.
(This first step might be unnecessary, can't tell after the fact.)

That action restored seemingly everything but the soft buttons. I then used this command I found after some googling:
settings --user 0 put secure user_setup_complete 1
and it restored everything else!

So, maybe this can be of help for someone in the future if everything else fails...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)