- This is for US Model x727 running the 5.8.019s version of the US ROM. If you flashed the chinese ROM, this will not help you at all.
- Afterwards you should still have US ROM and features at version 5.8.019s
- Your device should be persistently unlocked after successfully performing this procedure.
This zip file replaces the aboot and xbl (basically, the bootloader) with the versions from the LE_ZL1_LEX720-CN-FN-WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S.zip ROM file. I can't guarantee this will work for everyone (or even anyone). I can only tell you that it worked for me.
NOTE: If this makes you happy, please consider donating by clicking on the "donate to me" button under my handle at the left. I am broke and trying to recoup the cost of this device
Requirements (what I *think* you'll need):
- US Le Pro3 running the US ROM updated to 5.8.019s OTA (If you're running the chinese ROM because you were impatient and didn't want to wait for the grownups to work out a procedure, this will not help you).
- TWRP Image (I used the chinese one)
- Zip File listed below
- Somewhere to put the zip file for flashing if you don't want to have to wipe your device (I've heard of people successfully using an OTG storage device? I just wiped mine so you're on your own to figure this out)
This is the procedure I followed:
- Have ADB/Fasboot tools on your computer (I am not helping you here, it you're lucky, maybe your friends will help)
- Make sure you have enabled the developer tools, turned on USB debugging, and authorized your computer on your device (again, I'm not helping with that)
- Make sure adb can see your device when you run "adb devices"
- Run "adb reboot bootloader"
- Run "fastboot devices" to make sure you see your device
- Run "fastboot oem unlock-go" to unlock your device temporarily
- Run "fastboot oem device-info" to verify unlock status
- Run "fastboot boot recovery_twrp.img" (or whatever the twrp image filename is on your computer) to boot up to TWRP
- NOTE: If you don't read chinese and you haven't done this before, you'll be presented with a screen in chinese with two buttons next to each other and a swipe underneath them. THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT lets you change the language. Press it, thank me later.
- If you have an OTG device with the bootloader replacement zip on it, skip this step. If you have to use your device's storage, and your storage is encrypted, you'll have to wipe all the data. Go to Wipe, choose Format Data and follow the instructions. YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON YOUR DEVICE. Be warned.
- If you wiped your data partition, you'll need to push the zip file to the storage. Run "adb push x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip /sdcard/"
- Now press "Install", select the x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip file and flash it.
- Reboot back to your system. If you wiped data, your device will now proceed to re-initialize itself as if from the factory
Your system should still be running the full US ROM, but it should also now be persistently unlocked. Don't do any updates, your device likely won't remain unlocked if you run an update. And there's no guarantee you'll be able to re-unlock after doing so.
NOTE: If you flash TWRP to the recovery partition, the OS will likely reset it to the factory recovery UNLESS YOU ROOT THE SYSTEM. Your device is still unlocked, the recovery was just restored by the system, don't freak out. Be warned. I don't have time to answer stupid questions, neither does anyone else.
Special thanks to @hondajohn88 for taking the leap and experimenting with the chinese rom on his own device.