Anyway to retrieve data from a *dead* LeEco Le Pro3 (x727)

Search This thread

twistyplain

Nov 21, 2011
Nairobi
I am unable to boot up the device. I tried all (power + Vol Up) key combos, not working. Is there anyway to pull data out from the device?
Not enough information. What did you do prior to your phone failing to boot? Was there a software mod you installed? What were the symptoms the phone showed the last time it was on? Any problems before it failed to boot like an old battery, misbehaving ROM, poor charging?

Basically, you need to identify (help us identify) the cause of your phone not booting. We cannot find the solution to a problem we don't know the cause of. The problem must first be defined and then we work from there.

All the best.

easyxpress

Nov 6, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Not enough information. What did you do prior to your phone failing to boot? Was there a software mod you installed? What were the symptoms the phone showed the last time it was on? Any problems before it failed to boot like an old battery, misbehaving ROM, poor charging?

Basically, you need to identify (help us identify) the cause of your phone not booting. We cannot find the solution to a problem we don't know the cause of. The problem must first be defined and then we work from there.

All the best.

Prior to the phone failing to boot, the phone kept crashing. I saw the screen turning into *mess* and then the phone shut off by itself. Initially, I was able to boot up the phone after the crash, however the screen would get mess up and shut off again after a few minutes. Eventually, It got harder and harder to turn on the phone until it finally failed to boot (die). At this point, the phone seems dead. When I plug in the charger, there is no response of any kind, just black screen.

At one time, when the phone was on its last legs, I was able to boot into the Recovery mode, the phone seems to stay in that mode without the crash. Unfortunately, I didn't stay long enough in the Recovery mode to confirm this.

The phone was running on Lineage of Android 8. I have been using the phone for two years, the battery is surely weakened but can still last an hour or two for continual Youtube watching. I didn't do any software update after the Lineage Android 8's last nightly build.

Hope you can help and give some pointers. Thanks.

-- Joseph

twistyplain

Nov 21, 2011
Nairobi
Prior to the phone failing to boot, the phone kept crashing. I saw the screen turning into *mess* and then the phone shut off by itself. Initially, I was able to boot up the phone after the crash, however the screen would get mess up and shut off again after a few minutes. Eventually, It got harder and harder to turn on the phone until it finally failed to boot (die). At this point, the phone seems dead. When I plug in the charger, there is no response of any kind, just black screen.

At one time, when the phone was on its last legs, I was able to boot into the Recovery mode, the phone seems to stay in that mode without the crash. Unfortunately, I didn't stay long enough in the Recovery mode to confirm this.

The phone was running on Lineage of Android 8. I have been using the phone for two years, the battery is surely weakened but can still last an hour or two for continual Youtube watching. I didn't do any software update after the Lineage Android 8's last nightly build.

Hope you can help and give some pointers. Thanks.

-- Joseph
This appears to be hardware failure. The SoC is most probably dead. You should have recovered your data when it was still able to boot. Right now I think it's too late.

easyxpress

Nov 6, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
This appears to be hardware failure. The SoC is most probably dead. You should have recovered your data when it was still able to boot. Right now I think it's too late.

I just plugged in the phone. Miraculously, after few minutes, it did come up with the boot screen (with some messy lines), see the attached picture. However, It didn't go beyond the boot screen and recycle again for 2 or 3 times and then no more. I was able to duplicate this recycling situation several times after plugging it to the charger. Also, I was able to push it into the Recovery mode, but it only stay at the boot screen (with lines) and shut off again after few seconds.

What do the messy lines on the boot screen suggest? Is it the battery totally dead? Or, is the charging system faulty that somehow it doesn't have any enough juice to push thru beyond the boot screen and hence shut off?

-- Joseph

Attachments

• IMG_20191013_030256.jpg
    IMG_20191013_030256.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 51

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I just plugged in the phone. Miraculously, after few minutes, it did come up with the boot screen (with some messy lines), see the attached picture. However, It didn't go beyond the boot screen and recycle again for 2 or 3 times and then no more. I was able to duplicate this recycling situation several times after plugging it to the charger. Also, I was able to push it into the Recovery mode, but it only stay at the boot screen (with lines) and shut off again after few seconds.

What do the messy lines on the boot screen suggest? Is it the battery totally dead? Or, is the charging system faulty that somehow it doesn't have any enough juice to push thru beyond the boot screen and hence shut off?

-- Joseph

what happened to TWRP ? thats stock recovery
will it enter fastboot mode ? if you can get into TWRP their is a chance of off loading your userdata to a PC

twistyplain

Nov 21, 2011
Nairobi

-- Joseph
Yup...This phone is dead. I have seen a similar le pro 3 posted here on XDA with the same streaks along the display. It's definitely a hard brick. No way to get around it that I know of. I'd like to rope @tsongming in on this. He has seen a few dead pro 3's so this is within his expertise.

Sent from my LeMobile Le X526 using XDA Labs

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Yup...This phone is dead. I have seen a similar le pro 3 posted here on XDA with the same streaks along the display. It's definitely a hard brick. No way to get around it that I know of. I'd like to rope @tsongming in on this. He has seen a few dead pro 3's so this is within his expertise.

Sorry bad news.:(

As twistyplain said, your phone is absolutely fried, and there is no solution.

It's definitely no brick, that is a hardware issue... Most likely shorted solder connections. The same thing happened to two of our X727s, we have one left that still works.

I highly recommend buying a seemingly unbrickable Xiaomi phone. Their budget models are awesome and of course their flagships are awesome. Everyone in my family has Migrated to Xiaomi . I currently have Android 10 working flawlessly.

Reactions: twistyplain

easyxpress

Nov 6, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Thanks for the info. I made a mistake of not backing up the photos from the phone. I'm still hoping for a slim chance and searching that some of the repair shops (in China?) are somehow able to boot up the phone and retrieve the photos for me. Meanwhile, I'll check into Xiaomi.

-- Joseph

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Thanks for the info. I made a mistake of not backing up the photos from the phone. I'm still hoping for a slim chance and searching that some of the repair shops (in China?) are somehow able to boot up the phone and retrieve the photos for me. Meanwhile, I'll check into Xiaomi.

-- Joseph

If you are in China and located in a large city or tech industrial area you should have plenty of shops that repair at the component level.

Your phone could very likely be repaired by a shop that has a hot air rework soldering station with an electron microscope.

We used to have these types of places in the US but they have all gone out business, replaced by board swappers, who charge a lot. I would suspect that you could get it repaired in China for 100 yuan or less.

I worked in Beijing for 3 months, about 18 years ago and these types of places were everywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry bad news.:(

As twistyplain said, your phone is absolutely fried, and there is no solution.

It's definitely no brick, that is a hardware issue... Most likely shorted solder connections. The same thing happened to two of our X727s, we have one left that still works.

I highly recommend buying a seemingly unbrickable Xiaomi phone. Their budget models are awesome and of course their flagships are awesome. Everyone in my family has Migrated to Xiaomi . I currently have Android 10 working flawlessly.