[New Release] Le 1s EUI 5.9-28S stable version update 2017-12-20

Search This thread

rahis48

Jan 4, 2018
From where did u get this Le 1s EUI 5.9-28S update ???
And from where did u downloaded this update

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
Chinese ROM with English option. I received it via OTA 28th of December. I f*king hated it, and reverted back to 26s (previously I had 20s and it was a fine ROM).
My description of it is pasted below from another topic, but bottom line, it has a crappy folder interface, no entering/exiting animations, it's harder to return back from a folder, and it will screw google services.
If you go to the original topic and scroll down a little you'll see some screenshots I posted.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, my phone just updated by OTA yesterday from 20S to 28S (yeah, it jumped 7 updates, I know).
Well, the new update is a pile of crap:

1- After the 1,2GB update the playstore became corrupted. I tried to clean cache and data of Google services and playstore as I saw in a video, it didn't work. Then I uninstalled those 2 and google framework, and tried to install them with Google Installer (that app that installs the Playstore in chinese phones that don't have gapps). It installed them but it didn't work. I downloaded the most recent Google Installer apk and repeated the process, again it didn't work. F*cking seriously??

2- Some system apps now have splash screen ads which make you wait. Very professional, LeEco

3- The smooth zoom in / zoom out animations every time we entered/exited a folder are gone, now you enter one and can scroll sideways to get to another folder while their titles are in the top sliding horizontally, metro style. Worst even it's harder to exit the folder: before this update we clicked a free spot and it exited it, but now we have to tap a free spot in the right side to the "+" sign, or it won't exit, I have to put my finger all the way down to tap the back button.
And the turd in the top of the cake, when a folder is entered, the OS displays f*cking ads!! chinese ads, in my folders! Thankfully this can be disabled, but what the hell, Leeco?

4- The Phone Manager app is much more intrusive always complaining about cleaning, data plans and telling me to "accelerate apps"

5- A butload of more chinese apps installed

6- In the browser (that also has a splash screen), if I choose "other countries" as a location I loose the Bing and google options as search engines with only the chinese search engines available, so I have to set my location as USA (I'm in europe). If I wanted only chinese search engines I would have choose as my location, oh I don't know... China, maybe? What stupidity is this?

7- The folder icon now only shows 4 apps maximum, before it supported 9, which was much more useful

So, anyone else with these kind of problems, was your playstore app ruined too?

I'm planning to downgrade to a version without this stupid folder navigation system, and of course with a funcioning playstore. Which version is that? 26S? 27S?

I like the previous version and don't want to install "pure android" or buggy cooked roms.

I hope anyone can answer my questions, thank you and sorry for the rant :p

---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Excorio

Jul 14, 2014
5.9.28S is cr*p...

My daughter received the 5.9.28S update for her X500 little over a week ago, i got it 2 days ago on my X620....
IMHO do NOT upgrade to that version because for the last few days i've been trying to get GApps to work on the
X500 and X620 (both unrooted) but Google Play Services will NOT work on 5.9.28S. My daughter is the
most unhappy girl in the world at the moment because every friggin app that needs Google Play Services doesn't work...

I've tried everything i could think of and i've tried a lot of solutions from the most well known places for these kinda
problems on the interwebs. Not ONE solution worked, both the X500 and X620 have been factory reset several times
and its the same story "Google Play Services stopped working" over and over and over again... Worst update EVER!

It's driving me NUTS!!! I need to revert both phones back to 5.9.23S or 5.9.26S.

@pipoawas
You can turn of the ads... Long press free spot on screen, go to "Desktop settings" and disable "Media recommend".
But i think you found that out already ;)

*Edit:

Tried to revert to 5.9.23S on my wiped X620 with the file from LeTV.... It FAILS to install during recovery. What the ... I give up....

Last edited:

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
@Excorio
Yes, I know about disabling the ads, but we're still stuck with the splash screens and the hedious launcher: when exiting a folder, if the '+' sign is at the right with no space left at it's right side, you can't exit that folder without going down to the back button.

I discovered for myself how to make google services to work, and it wasn't from any solution on the web. Here, it's the 1st post. You will also have to do another extra step to synchronize your google contacts with the phone contacts (aka, getting your phone contacts populated with your google contacts, e.g. gmail contacts), if that's your case, or else the phone contacts will be empty. To find it just scrool a little down from that 1st post (it's the big "EDIT" in red).
Yes you can export the contacts manually in a csv file from google contacts to the phone contacts, but they will never sync: any change you do to one won't update in the other

One thing that's pissing me off is that I'm having trouble with the 26S:
In the google keyboard (gboard), even though I added my home language, it underlines in red any word from my language; even stranger, despite underlining them, it keeps suggesting them (so it knows them after all). Even worse every time I tap on a word the drop down menu pops up suggesting english words, despite the fact that I have set the keyboard to write in my language.
That and any keyboard I try (4 of them) completly freeze every time I try to update a comment in facebook. *Any keyboard*

So I tried to revert to 23S like you, and like you, it gives me an error. I tried 20S, another error (it's meant to be flashed in twrp only or something, I thought). Then I went to their official rom site (https://bbs.le.com/zt/eui/le_1s.html), with the kind of official roms that work with the original recovery (that I have), I downloaded the 13S, renamed to 'update.zip', tried to downgrade to it, and guess what, another error! With an official rom, with original recovery, in a phone that was never rooted!
F*CK YOU, Leeco!

EDIT: I just found out why 23s, 20s and 13s seem to be off limits, it's not that they're meant to be flashed with twrp, it's because of this (translated from chinese):

After the Android 5.0 (EUI and EUI versions under 13s and 13s) is upgraded to Android 6.0 (15s and above) , the underlying code logic of the system changes. It is not supported to roll back from Android 6.0 to the previous Android 5.0 version .
The 3 roms I mentioned before are Android 5.0. I guess the update to 6.0 (26s, 28s) changed something in the phone, I'm guessing it's the recovery, that now rejects roms from Android 5

source: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://bbs.le.com/thread-2387187-1.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Excorio

Excorio

Jul 14, 2014
To be honest, if i could get Google services running on 5.9.028S_12161 (Stable release) on my X620 i wouldn't mind the so called "improvements" of that update....

I have read your post about how you got it working... It was one of the first i read while searching on XDA :) I actually used the same installation package you mention in your post, that apk also gave me the same "corrupt apk error". I did what you did and still it wouldn't work on 5.9.028S, i read the post several times (lol) and tried to get it working serveral times but it failed. I then searched for another installer (more recent one called "Google Installer v2 for Xiaomi / MIUI Devices") and tried that one on 5.9.028S but that one also didnt work. After that i lost my patience, cuz i was trying for a couple of days already, and i went on the forum again to write the rant on this page https://xdaforums.com/le-2/development/rom-custom-rom-to-official-stock-rom-5-t3725302/page3

While i was writing that post i was downloading 5.9.026S_06141 (Stable release) from this forum page https://xdaforums.com/le-2/development/mtk-chipset-custom-rom-to-official-t3715691 I had NO hopes for it to work because of all the previous FAILS (grrrrrrr....) but i could try anyway right. So after downloading i copied it to my phone's root storage and renamed it to update.zip and started the update from withing the file manager AND i crossed my fingers also ;)

OMG it worked! I now have 5.9.026S on my phone again. Then i used that same "Google Installer v2 for Xiaomi / MIUI Devices". It installed all needed apps to get stuff working. So after some installations and a reboot the Google Play Services was working again, no errors. I was able to access the Play Store and every other Google app EXCEPT for Gmail. I couldnt get Gmail running cuz Gmail popped an error saying gmail has a problem with google play services. So just to be sure i checked the Play Services version and it was 438 but i need 440 for my X620. So i updated Play Services to 11.9.51 (440-177350961) and i was able to get into Gmail again without any error. It was just a wrong Services version. Pfff....

Now my X620 is purring like a kitten on 26S again like before. The ONLY thing that's p*ssing me off is that i get a notification from an app thats installed on the phone called "Performance Monitor". If i run the Play Store for example the notification says "Google Play Store skip 48 frames!" (see image below). I have never EVER seen that before. This goes for any app im starting up or have running. The notification pops up now and again telling me some app "skipped xx frames."

What the heck is that thing and why is this happening? More importantly how do i make it go away?

Screenshot_2018_01_09_22_45_00.jpg

Last edited:

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
Good to know you got it working, I guess my solution worked only for me (that, and your phone is X620 while mine is the X500)

To my surprise 23S seems to be Android 6.0, according to the "about phone". Then why the hell did it refuse to install??

Bear in mind that I'm almost certain that my "contact Sync solution" seems to be the culprit for my issue of only one language being recognized by the google keyboard; that or is an incompatibility with Android 6 and that particular Google Sync apk, because later I tried 13S rom, then Google Installer 1.3 which installed all the necessary apks with no errors (aka, no need to install a external apk for Google Sync), and the Gboard recognizes both languages.

You really like the "upgrades" of 28S? :p yacchh :D The default browser takes some 5 seconds before it even opens a website, because of 1, sometimes 2 (!) splashscreens. And really, what new upgrades does 28S has? being Marshmellow? big deal, I don't notice it in my daily life, so a previous version is fine by me.

About the "Performance Monitor", there's got to be a way to disable some notifications in the app, otherwise I recommend you disable all of the Performance Monitor notifications in the settings->notifications->permissions

That 48 frames thingy is new to me... are you sure you didn't activate something about performance either in the "Performance Monitor" or in the developer options?

Anyway, that's a chinese app, I suggest you disable their notifications like I described above with the "Performance Monitor", or even disable some of those apps altoghether (you can't do that with *every* chinese app though)

By the way, how did you update the Play Services to 11.9.51? you hunted for the apk online, or is there another method that I'm not aware about?

Last edited:
Reactions: Excorio

Excorio

Jul 14, 2014
I don't like the "improvements" they made in the new version but it's not that i run into stuff i need to change. Also i use Chrome for browsing. The default browser is not that good imho ;) and i have been using Swiftkey as a keyboard for ages and works great for me...

I can not set permissions for the "Performance Monitor". This app was already on the phone after i installed 26S so it must come with 26S? I also did not enable anything to make it come up with those messages. I'm also not able to set permissions for that app or disable notifications, the most ANNOYING thing about that notification is that the phone vibrates with it also... (See image below) and i can not uninstall it. :eek: If anyone has an answer to this Performance Monitior thing plz do tell cuz i cant find anything about it.

Screenshot_2018_01_10_09_40_49.jpg

I did indeed hunt for the Google Installer online. Here's the page i got it from: http://www.teamandroid.com/2017/06/21/download-google-installer-v2/. The only problem with this one was that it installed 438 and not 440. I was not able to upgrade to 440 manually or thru the Play Store (I cant find it in my Play Store, dunno why) so i installed an app called "Play Services Info" from the Play Store. I've used that one before and always worked for me. The app shows what version you have installed and you can also upgrade from the current version to the latest version by tapping "PLAY STORE". (See image below). It then opens a Play Store page where you can download/install the latest version, you also have the option to download it from APK Mirror.

Screenshot_2018_01_10_10_04_19.jpg

Another fun fact about the System Update app in 26S is that even if you disable Auto-update in Settings it will STILL download 5.9.028S and it WILL try to get the new version installed. I noticed this morning that it had downloaded it and it wanted me to update to 28S! No way thats gonna happen lol. Crappy thing about that update message is on the screen that you cant get it to close by using the back button for example.

So i just shut down my phone by holding the power button, i then connected the phone to my PC and powered the phone up. On my PC i went into the file system of the phone, deleted the update zip file from data\com.letv.android.ota. I went into settings and denied the storage permission for the updater app. Just to be sure i rebooted the phone and there's no more message about the update. I then opened the updater app and it said i had the latest version lol... It now thinks 26S is the latest version even if you tap the update button. It still recognizes 26S as the latest version so im confident 28S will never come by again in the updater...

Last edited:

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
gboard has a better prediction in my opinion, and that facebook issue also happens with swiftkey.
chrome is bloated and google is the new Big Brother now. I would recommend opera or vivaldi.

For the Performance Monitor notifications go to settings, notification management, see if you can find "Performance Monitor" and choose it. Also the Phone Manager app (the icon is a tuxedo :p) has some permission settings that might be useful, including the disabling of apps.
If that doesn't work, then your options are either rooting your phone so you have permission to mess with that app at will, or get another ROM (26S, 23S)

You can also see the google play services version number in app management/google play services.

To delete new updates from the update app you just have to go to app management, choose 'system update' and wipe it's data (or cache); you will see that one of them has some ~1.3 GB of data.
I'm afraid the system update notification may appear again, I too denied storage and notification permissions, and that damn thing appeared to me again later. No promises , but try to wipe the data and cache from that app and never run it again, so it doesnt have any permissions (you still havent agreeded with its licence, you know, that popup "do you give this app permission to access blablabla")

amyour_angel

Mar 17, 2018
Chinese ROM with English option. I received it via OTA 28th of December. I f*king hated it, and reverted back to 26s (previously I had 20s and it was a fine ROM).
My description of it is pasted below from another topic, but bottom line, it has a crappy folder interface, no entering/exiting animations, it's harder to return back from a folder, and it will screw google services.
If you go to the original topic and scroll down a little you'll see some screenshots I posted.

Ok, my phone just updated by OTA yesterday from 20S to 28S (yeah, it jumped 7 updates, I know).

1- After the 1,2GB update the playstore became corrupted. I tried to clean cache and data of Google services and playstore as I saw in a video, it didn't work. Then I uninstalled those 2 and google framework, and tried to install them with Google Installer (that app that installs the Playstore in chinese phones that don't have gapps). It installed them but it didn't work. I downloaded the most recent Google Installer apk and repeated the process, again it didn't work. F*cking seriously??

2- Some system apps now have splash screen ads which make you wait. Very professional, LeEco

3- The smooth zoom in / zoom out animations every time we entered/exited a folder are gone, now you enter one and can scroll sideways to get to another folder while their titles are in the top sliding horizontally, metro style. Worst even it's harder to exit the folder: before this update we clicked a free spot and it exited it, but now we have to tap a free spot in the right side to the "+" sign, or it won't exit, I have to put my finger all the way down to tap the back button.
And the turd in the top of the cake, when a folder is entered, the OS displays f*cking ads!! chinese ads, in my folders! Thankfully this can be disabled, but what the hell, Leeco?

4- The Phone Manager app is much more intrusive always complaining about cleaning, data plans and telling me to "accelerate apps"

6- In the browser (that also has a splash screen), if I choose "other countries" as a location I loose the Bing and google options as search engines with only the chinese search engines available, so I have to set my location as USA (I'm in europe). If I wanted only chinese search engines I would have choose as my location, oh I don't know... China, maybe? What stupidity is this?

7- The folder icon now only shows 4 apps maximum, before it supported 9, which was much more useful

I'm planning to downgrade to a version without this stupid folder navigation system, and of course with a funcioning playstore. Which version is that? 26S? 27S?

I like the previous version and don't want to install "pure android" or buggy cooked roms.

So I upgraded to 26s, and I hated so I tried downgrading using flashing but for some reason my bootloader won't unlock so I upgraded to 28s. It's better than the 26s in my opinion, less bloatware than the 26s, new awesome camera, app drawer, improved battery life. My Gapps are working successfully, I downloaded them from here https://youtu.be/8VU270w99bA there are links in the description so no need to wait for it like he does. My calendar keeps crashing tho, and the splash screens are hideous, but I don't have a problem with folders because I was used to the app drawer before this, and now I have it again I don't use folder on the main screen anymore. Chinese ads are disabled (but seriously though what the freak??) And I think it's functional enough, at least until I figure out how to downgrade to my stock rom lol

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
Why did you hate 26S? is basically the same as 20S, but it lets you update the gallery, calendar and browser to the new 28S versions (it asks you for each app, sooner or later).
But I didn't update these apps since I like the old gallery with it's recycle bin, and the 26S browser already supports more than 16 tabs and doesn't freak out with the search engines and location

You prefer the app drawer? To each it's own I guess :) But it's hard to find the app you want in the middle of so many apps including system apps. Folders are a must, they're organized according to *your* tastes and your software designations.
The new camera still doesn't seem as good as the google's Open Camera app. At least it doesn't made that loud sound when taking a picture and it's faster than open camera specially in burst mode.

As for the locked bootloader, have you tried fastboot oem unlock in fastboot? From there you just have to copy the stock rom as update.zip (no caps lock) in the root of the virtual sd card, flash the original letv recovery, reboot, and the phone will flash the original stock ROM. Maybe you can do this through TWRP too, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
For some reason I can't update to the 28S OTA (I have 20S), when updating it says "failed to update! Cause: corrupted"
I have the original recovery, the phone is unrooted (it was rooted before but I erased the system folder)
Why is this happening??

Also FYI, I want to update to this rom which I don't like, because my phone is having strange behaviours even after wipes and flashing the original roms:
Whatsapp and now Telegram often don't deliver the messages when the phone is idle (I have to constantly open the apps to see if there are new messages), and now another issue, those blue filter apps like twilight suddenly stop working and close (no banner in status bar, no "badge" icon, nothing"). I had this app working for a full year before, and now this happens, WTF?? the same happens wit hanother similar filter app.
It's like messaging and these filter apps get kicked from memory, (though still being shown in multitasking screen)

I have gave all permissions to all of them and configured them to autostart after boot

It's like something is roten inside the phone, and decaying further.... no amount of wipes and fresh installed roms will correct this. How in the hell is this possible?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@Excorio
    Yes, I know about disabling the ads, but we're still stuck with the splash screens and the hedious launcher: when exiting a folder, if the '+' sign is at the right with no space left at it's right side, you can't exit that folder without going down to the back button.

I discovered for myself how to make google services to work, and it wasn't from any solution on the web. Here, it's the 1st post. You will also have to do another extra step to synchronize your google contacts with the phone contacts (aka, getting your phone contacts populated with your google contacts, e.g. gmail contacts), if that's your case, or else the phone contacts will be empty. To find it just scrool a little down from that 1st post (it's the big "EDIT" in red).
    Yes you can export the contacts manually in a csv file from google contacts to the phone contacts, but they will never sync: any change you do to one won't update in the other

One thing that's pissing me off is that I'm having trouble with the 26S:
    In the google keyboard (gboard), even though I added my home language, it underlines in red any word from my language; even stranger, despite underlining them, it keeps suggesting them (so it knows them after all). Even worse every time I tap on a word the drop down menu pops up suggesting english words, despite the fact that I have set the keyboard to write in my language.
    That and any keyboard I try (4 of them) completly freeze every time I try to update a comment in facebook. *Any keyboard*

So I tried to revert to 23S like you, and like you, it gives me an error. I tried 20S, another error (it's meant to be flashed in twrp only or something, I thought). Then I went to their official rom site (https://bbs.le.com/zt/eui/le_1s.html), with the kind of official roms that work with the original recovery (that I have), I downloaded the 13S, renamed to 'update.zip', tried to downgrade to it, and guess what, another error! With an official rom, with original recovery, in a phone that was never rooted!
    F*CK YOU, Leeco!

EDIT: I just found out why 23s, 20s and 13s seem to be off limits, it's not that they're meant to be flashed with twrp, it's because of this (translated from chinese):

After the Android 5.0 (EUI and EUI versions under 13s and 13s) is upgraded to Android 6.0 (15s and above) , the underlying code logic of the system changes. It is not supported to roll back from Android 6.0 to the previous Android 5.0 version .
    The 3 roms I mentioned before are Android 5.0. I guess the update to 6.0 (26s, 28s) changed something in the phone, I'm guessing it's the recovery, that now rejects roms from Android 5

source: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://bbs.le.com/thread-2387187-1.html
    Good to know you got it working, I guess my solution worked only for me (that, and your phone is X620 while mine is the X500)

To my surprise 23S seems to be Android 6.0, according to the "about phone". Then why the hell did it refuse to install??

Bear in mind that I'm almost certain that my "contact Sync solution" seems to be the culprit for my issue of only one language being recognized by the google keyboard; that or is an incompatibility with Android 6 and that particular Google Sync apk, because later I tried 13S rom, then Google Installer 1.3 which installed all the necessary apks with no errors (aka, no need to install a external apk for Google Sync), and the Gboard recognizes both languages.

You really like the "upgrades" of 28S? :p yacchh :D The default browser takes some 5 seconds before it even opens a website, because of 1, sometimes 2 (!) splashscreens. And really, what new upgrades does 28S has? being Marshmellow? big deal, I don't notice it in my daily life, so a previous version is fine by me.

About the "Performance Monitor", there's got to be a way to disable some notifications in the app, otherwise I recommend you disable all of the Performance Monitor notifications in the settings->notifications->permissions

That 48 frames thingy is new to me... are you sure you didn't activate something about performance either in the "Performance Monitor" or in the developer options?

Anyway, that's a chinese app, I suggest you disable their notifications like I described above with the "Performance Monitor", or even disable some of those apps altoghether (you can't do that with *every* chinese app though)

By the way, how did you update the Play Services to 11.9.51? you hunted for the apk online, or is there another method that I'm not aware about?