LETV Le1 PRO (X800) broken screen replacement

Search This thread

nitalium

Oct 22, 2013
I have LETV X800 US version. Drop from 1.5 cracked the glass really nice :D (see attachment). I am thinking to order screen replacement from here: http://www.vopmart.com/pa1013251.html or here: http://s.aliexpress.com/iemyi2Yz

Do you think it is compatible with my US version of the phone.
I guess it should work on both CN & US but I need to ask before ordering.

IMG_20160611_210111_s.jpg

Here are some Chinese replacement videos (I will definitely make one also when I receive the part):

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyNjY1MjY4OA==.html?from=y1.2-1-105.3.1-2.1-1-1-0-0

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMzMDM2NzEwOA==.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMzMDM2NzEwOA==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

http://v.ku6.com/show/xxsPqDFQRIrHZl-0sZy8Ww...html?from=my

Reactions: mkbi11

Madingwa

Aug 6, 2016
I also have the same problem.

Hi

Did you find a solution to your problem ? I also have the same and I do not find the necessary help.

Thank you for your answer

i9o

Nov 14, 2008
OnePlus 10R / Ace
The screen of this phone is subpar to current phone standards. Mine cracked when dropped at 30 cm from tiled floor after 3 months of use! The phone was house into its original silicone transparent protection, with a glass protection on top! The glass protection didn't brake, only the screen underneath did. I had it replaced for the equivalent of 30 euros in China in a general phone fixing shop, and made clear I did not want an original replacement. They guy came up with a good quality screen, slightly thicker than the original. I have used it without problems for 8 months now. It withstood about 4 falls from 1 meter each, but I keep the phone housed in a metal frame protection since then. The original case is bad since it doesn't protect the phone all around as it should.

nuukee

Nov 7, 2013
I bought the screen from vopmart.
Price is ok, delivery was fast (less than a week to Germany).
Disassembly of screen was actually easier than in the videos, works pretty well.

The BIG problem was (which I did not really realize or ignore until then)...the vopmart screen replacement did NOT come with the adhesive to glue the screen to the phone.
Since I was impatient and wanted to use the phone right away, I used some own tape and glue and damaged the screen in the process.

Bottom line:
- Screen replacement is relatively simple and screen is not too expensive
- make sure you double check that the adhesive is included in the screen you order or order separately, otherwise you will not be able to replace the screen
- I second what the previous poster said....my phone fell from about 70cm and the screen was cracked pretty badly, previous phones did survive this

I bought a Xiaomi phone now. I hope/think build quality is a bit better and, more importantly, you are not stuck with Android 5...

Jiroskop

Oct 23, 2015
Adıyaman
I'm planning to order screen on Aliexpress. I want to ask you that, is your screen's colors or quality worse than original? I'm not asking for durability, just asking for quality.

nuukee

Nov 7, 2013
I'm planning to order screen on Aliexpress. I want to ask you that, is your screen's colors or quality worse than original? I'm not asking for durability, just asking for quality.

I think it is about the same as the original. I am not 100% sure though since I destroyed it a little during the replacement. And I believe the color quality from the original one is not great to start with anyway.

Reactions: Jiroskop

Jiroskop

Oct 23, 2015
Adıyaman
I think it is about the same as the original. I am not 100% sure though since I destroyed it a little during the replacement. And I believe the color quality from the original one is not great to start with anyway.

Thank you. I will check adhesive before order.

I saw some feedbacks about pressure marks, it's like

UT8q_jJXHJXXXagOFbXu.jpg

Do you have screen problem's like this?

KarlDroid

Mar 8, 2016

Jiroskop

Oct 23, 2015
Adıyaman
I ordered the screen which comes with the digitiser and lcd screen but no sticker so I ordered the sticker, however some people in this thread said glue, so I am confused. What more the replacement videos don't show people putting in glue.

And originally did the phone have a sticker I think not?

I don't know but probably phone have sticker originally, not glue or something like that.

Reactions: KarlDroid

KarlDroid

Mar 8, 2016
Replacement of screen

Yes I meant this sticker.
Mine did come without so I had problems.

So I have ordered both and have the heat gun, and the pry tools, so technically if I am not a gimp I should be able to complete this successfully.

I am just again slightly confused because some videos recommend removing the back cover and the getting to the front by doing a full disassembly whilst others recommend removing the glass directly.

Has anyone tried both methods? I would understand if you were replacing the battery also but...

Thank you in advance.

nuukee

Nov 7, 2013
I have only tried the "front" method, so just removed the glass from the front. I found this to be pretty easy. I did this with a Sony Xperia phone before and I must say the letv was much easier.
I can recommend removing the glass from the front.

KarlDroid

Mar 8, 2016
Which one is the front method? What and where did you buy to repair it?

I think you use a heat gun to warm it up and then use a suction cup to loosen it then use a razor blade to cut away the glue/sticker and slowly pry it apart.

Then you detach it, attach the new one apply the sticker and then reseal.

YvanCB38

Jan 5, 2017
Voiron
Sticker

Hello everybody,

The son of my friend break his screen (LeTV one Pro = LeEco x800 Pro).
He bought a replacement screen, but there is no sticker to fix the screen. It's hard to find this part alone.
Can you give me an idea to solve this problem?

Regards.

Top Liked Posts