FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New CM12.1 ROM from BetaHydri for LeTV 1 Pro US

361 posts
Thanks Meter: 166

By BetaHydri, Senior Member on 12th July 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

here is my "new" clean multi language CM 12.1 ROM which I tweaked from 3 different CM12.1 ROMs for the LETV 1 Pro_US.
My main focus was to fix GPS/WiFi/Cell Tower location, Mute Switch and video playback all together.
So I'm not a ROM developer, I only took the binaries from working CM12.1 ROMS and cooked it together.
There is still the Collapseromer chinese tweak menu inside the settings as I like some of those CPU and power saving options and the notification LED configuration features.

Tested V4.2b installation sequence
  1. I went to TWRP 3.0.2 for a factory reset wipe
  2. Installed ROM "cm-12.1-20160921-BetaHydri-CollapseTweakV42b.zip"
  3. Installed OpenGApps arm64 5.1 Nano
  4. Installed all three ZIPs from DolbyAtmos Fix
  5. Wiped Caches via TWRP
  6. Rebooted

V4.2(b) Version details:
  • New: v4.2b ROM with changes in build.prop file regarding: DEXOPT flags, Dalvik cache settings and WLAN scaning interval. (see links below for V4.2 or V4.2b - very stable no any sort of crashes for me the last 4days)
  • NEW: Fixed the Gyroscope (aka VR) since v4.2. - Do not dirty flash ROM V4.2b, it's better to Factory reset wipe the handset and follow the installation sequence, before doing other tweaks.
  • tiny update as hotspot didn't assign IPs for connected clients [26.09.2016] (only APIPA addresses)
  • To get OTG to work install ES File Manger - Thanks to @nsmsdz
  • I integrated the translated collapseromer settings - Thanks goes to crisbal aka crisGreece for his efforts to translate the useful collapseromer setting tools !
    I like the BlueGod SideBar - see screenshots.
  • Enabled the OIS "Optical Image Stabilization" in the build.prop per default.
  • Build.prop is configured to use en,US as language on first start after factory reset.
  • Integrated the actual OpenCamera into the ROM. It supports the newer API2 and 120fps Video recording.
  • Removed some left over AudioFX and DolbyAtmos files in the ROM (for clean DolbyAtmos and ViperFX installation use the ZIP in TWRP)
  • GPS and Cell Tower / WiFi location works (like older Vx versions)
  • Video playback e.g. Periscope etc. works (like older Vx versions)
  • CM12.1 has a interated root option in the developer settings
  1. V4.2b ROM https://mega.nz/#!b4dmDKYa!0MNmYrHPd...EIkoVPcAWVeRK0
  2. AudioFX/Dolby link: https://mega.nz/#F!Gk1S1ayZ!xKjkMk4uXAM_ckFRzX9QbA
  3. OpenGApps link: http://opengapps.org/

ScreenShots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-08-14-56-04.jpg
Views:	5448
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	3868758

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-08-14-56-28.jpg
Views:	5268
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	3868759

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-08-14-57-20.png
Views:	5356
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	3868760

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-08-15-00-31.jpg
Views:	4888
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	3868762

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-08-15-01-15.jpg
Views:	5030
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	3868756

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-08-15-01-26.jpg
Views:	4680
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	3868757

--> SuperSU v2.76 ZIP can be flashed via TWRP for better root support. It is then recommended to disable the built-in root CM12.1 option.
--> XPosed Framework is also working

Please also read thread from @teorouge http://forum.xda-developers.com/leec...uilds-t3398334 for additional tips around CyanogenMod for our Le1Pro.

OLDER Versions:

V1 Version with tethering issues
https://mega.nz/#!D0EwGbQQ!6BwHS6Zi3...p1AqQosIcMV7HY

V2 Version from 12.07.2016 19:00 - Please try this one. If you already setup you phone with V1 you can try to dirty flash this V2 version.
https://mega.nz/#!HlMiXSLB!2bww_PZr_...H3HjcknlhSEuuM

V3 Version link:
ROM V3 link: https://mega.nz/#!341lgTBb!d8dyBjOQN...ATKec2V2qtGaK8
Feature in V3
  • C-Apps integration without AudioFX (for Dolby & AudioFX install the ZIP fixes !)
  • replaced untrusted chinese MBrowser
  • OTG should work in V3. I Tested it with my USB stick (if not for you. Your option is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.usbotg&hl=it)
  • GPS and Cell Tower / WiFi location works (like older Vx versions)
  • Video playback e.g. Periscope etc. works (like older Vx versions)
  • CM12.1 has a interated root option in the developer settings

V4 Version link:
BetaHydri V4 ROM https://mega.nz/#!DoFWRbSL!1Bkue1bae...G0NvcQdO4LibsA
Feature in V4
  • Implemented some fixes that were left over from V3
  • Cleaned ROM

V4.1 version link:
BetaHydri V4 ROM https://mega.nz/#!ykEwVKBT!nLKIp18Zx...t0fO-ex3Ip7mIk
Fixes in V4.1 from previous
  • I integrated the translated collapseromer settings - Thanks goes to crisbal aka crisGreece for his efforts to translate the useful collapseromer setting tools !
    I like the BlueGod SideBar - see screenshots.
  • Enabled the OIS "Optical Image Stabilization" in the build.prop per default.

V4.2 version link:
BetaHydri V4.2 ROM https://mega.nz/#!a0VynZDY!nDlOKa4Pj...9lzacHLdRQUnRc or
Fixes in V4.2 from previous
  • Fixed the Gyroscope (aka VR) problem with the inverted x-axis.[/

USB OTG can be fixed install following Play Store App: ES File Manger

The ROM should also work on CN models as the baseline are the collapaseromer ROMs. So may someone test it on CN models as well
But I have the US LeEco LetV 1 Pro US.
So far only IR Blaster won't work and anyone who wants to try to transplant IR from some other CM ROMs should do so !
Normaly IR sensors are being triggered via COM port communication. So the kernel modules should already be included in CM OS. I think only a kind of COM2Ir service that initialize the sensor and listens for the commands from IR Apps is missing.

ATTENTION for those that are located in china and using my ROM. You may have to delete the GOOGLE DNS SERVERS inside the build.prop. As far as I know Google services are completely blocked in china. Have also a look inside the gps.conf for TIME server url changes maybe needed in china.

Unbrick tools set for LeTV 1 Pro

Enjoy BetaHydri !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OTG.jpg
Views:	7462
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	3811959  
Attached Files
File Type: zip build-prop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.1 KB, 638 views)
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to BetaHydri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BetaHydri Ad-Free
12th July 2016, 10:54 AM |#2  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Here's a newer C-Apps featuring updated AudioFX: maybe you want to implement that in your ATMOS fix? Cheers!

ps. dirty-flashed your ROM, wiped data/cache after flash only. Gonna check and report about location positioning, does that work for you now?
12th July 2016, 12:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teorouge

Here's a newer C-Apps featuring updated AudioFX: maybe you want to implement that in your ATMOS fix? Cheers!

ps. dirty-flashed your ROM, wiped data/cache after flash only. Gonna check and report about location positioning, does that work for you now?

Yes, al fin. Everything works. GPS and WiFi positioning is really fast now, and the videos. I combined the two Collapseromer ROMs. So I had to find out which driver an binaries where responsible for the problem and then I tried it. I also removed the chinese apps but not those ones in the setting menu as I like those tweaks.
I also tried to delete the chinese beidu keyboard, but than I couldn't get at first boot the internet connection working. So best is to delete the keyboard after you have configured your phone.
I also included the google keyboard inside the ROM, but I think it will only work if you flash after the ROM directly the OpenGApps.

So only IR Blaster not working. And the Atmos fix must be installed manually. But important is that we have a CM12.1 ROM. I hope it will stay stable. Since this morning its working....
12th July 2016, 12:24 PM |#4  
Flag Trento

More
This is quite a fine work you did, Beta! I get FreeFlight 3 app working and tonight I'll try smart lock via location when I'll get home. Would you like me to point out in the general CM12.1/1 thread?
12th July 2016, 12:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

This is quite a fine work you did, Beta! I get FreeFlight 3 app working and tonight I'll try smart lock via location when I'll get home. Would you like me to point out in the general CM12.1/1 thread?

Go head, you can also mention it in all the other forums. So that those who want to change to CM12.1. I only made a new thread as I wanted that is visible for everyone a bit faster. But nonetheless I still hope for a MM ROM for US ;-(
The Following User Says Thank You to BetaHydri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BetaHydri Ad-Free
12th July 2016, 01:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I am using it all day. Excellent work BetaHydri!
12th July 2016, 02:29 PM |#7  
Flag Trento

More
Just an heads up for other possible Parrot Bebop drone pilots: Free Flight 3 now works and won't crash but it can't see the drone, even though it's wifi connected... too bad.
Anyway thanks Beta, this release looks solid as a rock.
12th July 2016, 03:11 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

Just an heads up for other possible Parrot Bebop drone pilots: Free Flight 3 now works and won't crash but it can't see the drone, even though it's wifi connected... too bad.
Anyway thanks Beta, this release looks solid as a rock.

hmmm maybe a special video codec for the video broadcast from the drone is missing ? In which Collapseromer ROM did the video broadcast worked ?
Maybe I can have a look this evening if I missied something when I did the transplant...
12th July 2016, 03:24 PM |#10  
Flag Trento

More
Thanks, I actually think it's more a wifi issue as I can connect to it using regular wifi manager (and it says "connected") but the app won't see it. Too bad I can't remember which build had this working fine, maybe I can point out another Cyanogen for HTC One and you check that? I use another phone as an "experimenting" device and usually fly my drone with that. Cheers!
12th July 2016, 03:29 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:

Thanks, I actually think it's more a wifi issue as I can connect to it using regular wifi manager (and it says "connected") but the app won't see it. Too bad I can't remember which build had this working fine, maybe I can point out another Cyanogen for HTC One and you check that? I use another phone as an "experimenting" device and usually fly my drone with that. Cheers!

Ok, but normal WiFi internet connections via Access Point works. So it's I kind of adhoc WiFi connection to the drone isn't it?

Gesendet von meinem Le 1 Pro mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
multi rom, us rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)