sahara protocol fail in QFIL

Search This thread

Sharkattackp

Aug 23, 2016
so i havent had any luck posting in other thread and since so many people are asking about this error i thought having its own thread may get some help. I bricked my letv x800 when the rooted phone failed to install a custom rom, stop half way through with corrupted file msg then went dead. I used w w w droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/ and followed the steps there but for the life i me i cannot get past this step of dl using qfil. I am hoping someone on the boards can give me some idea i spent a week trying to find a way to get past this step and all i find is others stuck on same step with no solution.

Here is the log file of the process. Using Win 7 pro. I got the latest drivers for qfil installed and it finds the phone and asigns the port ok. I just cant download the protocol

Start Download
Program Path:C:\Users\sharkattackproducts\Downloads\QFIL_X800_HARD_BRICK_FIX\x1_na_dvt1_fastboot\prog_emmc_firehose_8994_ddr.mbn
COM Port number:5
Sahara Connecting ...
Sahara Version:0
Start Sending Programmer
Download Fail:Unable to download Flash Programmer using Sahara Protocol
Download Fail:Sahara FailSahara Fail
Finish Download

Reactions: vrules1

attitude12

Jul 26, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
so i havent had any luck posting in other thread and since so many people are asking about this error i thought having its own thread may get some help. I bricked my letv x800 when the rooted phone failed to install a custom rom, stop half way through with corrupted file msg then went dead. I used w w w droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/ and followed the steps there but for the life i me i cannot get past this step of dl using qfil. I am hoping someone on the boards can give me some idea i spent a week trying to find a way to get past this step and all i find is others stuck on same step with no solution.

Here is the log file of the process. Using Win 7 pro. I got the latest drivers for qfil installed and it finds the phone and asigns the port ok. I just cant download the protocol

Start Download
Program Path:C:\Users\sharkattackproducts\Downloads\QFIL_X800_HARD_BRICK_FIX\x1_na_dvt1_fastboot\prog_emmc_firehose_8994_ddr.mbn
Sahara Connecting ...
Start Sending Programmer
Finish Download

I had the same issue when i first bricked my x800 and the problem was that the bootloader was locked somehow. I unlocked then everything went smooth. I don't know if this is the issue here with you.

twd123

Mar 5, 2016
You do it trough adb and fastboot. You don't have to install anything onto the phone. Just put the phone in fastboot mode, then connect to adb and write : fastboot oem unlock
when the phone is bricked there is no such thing as fastboot..

the program didn't fuction but managed to install drivers that enabled to qfil to go further in the process but still failed..

twd123

Mar 5, 2016
can you send me a direct link to that program, all i got was one in chinese :(

i did it ! yeah
install the drivers that come with that program
go to the folder that has the rom, click on its properties- permissions and select full acess
while with qfil open, hold the volume down on the smarthphone and connect it to the pc.only release the volume- when you hear 3 windows sounds(one sound when you connect and two after 15 seconds) . start download and then you are set.
after this process your phone will be alive, but will have only 10gb so you have to follow the process in page 3 of topic "hard brick fix"
hope it helps
have a good day

Last edited:

Tahsin1368

Oct 13, 2017

Start Download
Sahara Connecting ...
Start Sending Programmer
Finish Download

Hi guys. I have this problem with my lenovo phab pb1 750m. My phon is hard bricked and dead . Each time i try to flash it using qfil i get error massage saying : sahara fail, unable to download flash programmer using sahara protocol
Does anybody know what is this sahara protocol and how to fix it. I want to know is my phone fixable in this state or not. And by the way how unlocking bootloader is done?. Please help me

glen_zam87

Nov 30, 2017
Hi guys. I have this problem with my lenovo phab pb1 750m. My phon is hard bricked and dead . Each time i try to flash it using qfil i get error massage saying : sahara fail, unable to download flash programmer using sahara protocol
Does anybody know what is this sahara protocol and how to fix it. I want to know is my phone fixable in this state or not. And by the way how unlocking bootloader is done?. Please help me

Hi, you could fix your phone that has the hard brick?
I have a lenovo k5 that have hard brick right now and cant fix it

Stormbg

Jan 28, 2018
Lenovo Vibe K5

I getting this error:
12:19:09: ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:237 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
12:19:09: ERROR: function: sahara_main:924 Sahara protocol error
12:19:09: ERROR: function: main:303 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail
Finish Download
I know it is not the right place but if you know how to fix it

Last edited:

byshakram

Jun 24, 2013
I getting this error:
12:19:09: ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:237 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
12:19:09: ERROR: function: sahara_main:924 Sahara protocol error
12:19:09: ERROR: function: main:303 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail
Finish Download
I know it is not the right place but if you know how to fix it

Same problem with Leeco x820

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Start Download
    Sahara Connecting ...
    Start Sending Programmer
    Finish Download
    how do i unlock the bootloader?

You do it trough adb and fastboot. You don't have to install anything onto the phone. Just put the phone in fastboot mode, then connect to adb and write : fastboot oem unlock