FORUMS

How to ROOT Samsung Galazy Core LTE SM-G386W (Need To Recover Pictures)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By canago, Junior Member on 3rd April 2020, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm looking to root a Samsung Galazy Core LTE SM-G386W phone. The reason for rooting is because all the pictures were deleted from the phone and the recovery app needs root access. I would prefer to use a one click root app like Kingoroot but after looking at reviews on this website it appears some users had additional applications installed that they didn't approve. Preferably, I would like to use a one click rooting app or a similar desktop version. I've read that unlocking a bootloader would wipe all the data from the phone and possibly make the already deleted picture irretrievable. If need be, I don't mind using Kingoroot to root the device, retrieve the pictures, and do a fresh install of the OS. But if this is the case, I will need to know the correct steps to take to create a recovery image and how to perform the actual recovery. Looking forward to hearing the best way to proceed.

Device Details
Model: SM-G386W
Android Version: 4.4.2
3rd April 2020, 09:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You can try Kingoroot or Kingroot, if doesnt work, you will need to install a custom recovery and flash Magisk Manager which is better than SuperSu. But to do a recovery image you NEED a custom recovery.
To install it you will have to download the md5 file from the website, in this case, TWRP, download odin 3 from its website too, with the phone turned off we press the power key, the home key and the volume down key and press continue afterwards. we open odin 3 we check the AP box and look for the md5 file, connect the phone via usb (with the samsung drivers installed) and press start.

If you need to ask another thing i´m here.

Sorry for my horrible english, isnt my first language
4th April 2020, 09:06 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex

You can try Kingoroot or Kingroot, if doesnt work, you will need to install a custom recovery and flash Magisk Manager which is better than SuperSu. But to do a recovery image you NEED a custom recovery.
To install it you will have to download the md5 file from the website, in this case, TWRP, download odin 3 from its website too, with the phone turned off we press the power key, the home key and the volume down key and press continue afterwards. we open odin 3 we check the AP box and look for the md5 file, connect the phone via usb (with the samsung drivers installed) and press start.

If you need to ask another thing i´m here.

Sorry for my horrible english, isnt my first language

Is there a way to create a full backup of the phone (NANDroid backup) without having root access? I don't want to use Kingoroot or KingRoot without making a recovery image first as it might put a virus on the phone.

Alternatively, is there a safe way (no adware or malware) to root a phone without unlocking the bootloader? I can't seem to find out if Magisk Root, Framaroot, Towelroot, or CF-Auto-Root require an unlocked bootloader for root?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)