This thread is ~copy/paste from CoolDevelopment 's thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568665 I've just updated sources from CyanogenMod team up to M8. I use i9105p, so i9105 not tested at all !!! Don't blame me for anything!!! Read post for all the warnings. I don't use f2fs, and I don't know if it's supported.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog .
Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy S II Plus are available from https://github.com/SamsungBCM-Cyanog..._samsung_s2vep and https://github.com/SamsungBCM-Cyanog...ys2plus-common.
(For developers only - the patches are already included in the ROM)
Patch to hardware/broadcom/libbt for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891380
Patch to frameworks/native to support legacy binaries: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891421
Patch for button lights fix: https://github.com/luk1337/build_tools/blob/cm/5.patch
Patch to frameworks/native to workaround hwc issues: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/53162/ and https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891444
Patch to frameworks/av to fix audio/video issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7945188
Patch to external/chromium_org to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7910708
Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Camera (photo & video)
- Video playback
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under "known issues"
- screenrecord does not work
- Stock browser does not use hardware acceleration (Please use Firefox, Google Chrome, Dolphin, etc)
Known Sources Issues
- Bluetooth Headset not working
- FM Radio does not work (you can use SpiritFM, but I'm not providing support for any problem)
Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing
- Make a backup!
- Be sure that you have the 4.2.2 bootloader
- Install a custom recovery
- Install the ROM using your custom recovery
- Optionally install the Google Apps Addon
- Wipe data if coming from stock
- Don't submit bugs to me, if you didn't do a full wipe and you are coming from another ROM
From CM 11.0 M10, it is supposed to be compatible with @LuK1337 's EXT to F2FS ROM converter found @
thanks to @LuK1337
I haven't test it myself though.
Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
No. This ROM will have CyanogenMod's feature set.
Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.
Can you include call recording?
No. CyanogenMod does not include call recording to avoid potential legal issues.
Can you add Feature X to the stock ROM?
No. I don't work on stock ROMs.
What kernel does this ROM use?
A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.
I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.
Can I use your ROM as a base?
Most of Android/CyanogenMod is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official CyanogenMod. (In other words, you must say that it is based on pawitp's unofficial CyanogenMod, but is not related to CyanogenMod in any other way.)
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- Phone model (I9105 or I9105P): Radio (baseband): CM version: CM Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): ART Runtime: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
- The CyanogenMod team for providing a great ROM. Without all the compatibility work which went into it, this ROM would've been much harder to make
- @pawitp for his base on i9082
- @CoolDevelopment for all his amazing work on our device
- @LuK1337 for his work and help to build this rom
- @DerTeufel1980 for the f2fs backports
- @k2wl for some other f2fs stuff and helping me with it