FORUMS

How do I install CWM recovery? on my C1905?

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By skeleton2323, Junior Member on 11th January 2020, 02:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can you please tell me how?

Should I do it via fastboot?
22nd April 2020, 09:31 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeleton2323

Can you please tell me how?

Should I do it via fastboot?

do you use stock or custom ROM?
28th April 2020, 02:58 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by +ľš

do you use stock or custom ROM?

Hello again,

When I wrote this post, I was using my stock rom and had no recovery.
Now I use a custom rom.

How did I do it?

I installed TWRP on the boot partition and flashed the new rom.
I don't need CWM now, thank you.
29th April 2020, 10:04 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeleton2323

Hello again,

When I wrote this post, I was using my stock rom and had no recovery.
Now I use a custom rom.

How did I do it?

I installed TWRP on the boot partition and flashed the new rom.
I don't need CWM now, thank you.

thanks God, great, you have solved it

BTW my story was that in the time I was trying to resolve this, I was also thinking that first I want to make a stock system NANDroid backup on my c1905 (and on dual SIM c2005 too) but

as we know, on Xperia M phones, which are without a Recovery partition, I could not use CWM, nor TWRP to back up the system, without TWRP/CWM installation overwriting the BOOT partition first and thus I would make my stock android system NANDroid backup to be without the correct boot partition, the backed up system would therefore never boot to android system but would boot to CWM, TWRP, etc, flashed in the boot partition in that moment

So for all of us who wanted to make (c1904, c1905, c2004, c2005 = codename nicky) Xperia M stock android system NANDroid style backup first, e.g. to be able to get back the the stock system with all the apps and settings (NANDroid style backed up system), for the event, for example, the new custom ROM would not work, then there is an app named Online NANDroid that can be installed on running stock android with already bootloader unlocked, rooted. This app does not need the recovery partition to run, it runs as a normal .apk Android app. Online NANDroid can make a NANDroid backup of running Android system. But beware: it does not backup the sdcard0 partition, you must back it up manually - it is the so called "Internal storage", that is in fact not an removable sdcard (only an emulation of it) but is a part of phone's internal non volatile memory. We can save our own files there, when not wanting to save it on real physical removable SDCard.
The Following User Says Thank You to +ľš For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift +ľš Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)