07/25/16: Added Xperia and Android splash PNGs.
By using this tool, you will take full responsibility to anything that will happen to your device. It requires general knowledge and first-hand experience in recovery flashing.
This tool is based from osm0sis' Android Image Kitchen modified specifically for our device and made into a flashable zip to be able to run in the recovery.
The flashable zip runs a script that extracts the current boot image to be modified and flashed back, which makes it compatible with all custom-based ROMs.
- Custom-based ROM
- TWRP recovery
- PNG file (480x854)
- Name your PNG file to 'logo.png' and place it in /sdcard.
- Flash the attached zip file.
- The zip needs to be flashed for every ROM update.
- If you want to revert back to the original boot splash, you can always restore your boot backup, reflash the ROM, or extract the boot image from the ROM zip and install with TWRP.
- I also included some PNGs I made if you're interested. Requests are welcome.
- v1.2 - 20160725
- Switched to 'update-binary' shell script; now file size is reduced by 50%
- Temp files are no longer created when no PNG is supplied
- v1.1 - 20160723
- Fixed progress bar not displaying correctly
- Minor visual tweaks
- v1.0 - 20160723
- Initial release
Fix the progress bar not displaying correctly Use a different 'update-binary' to reduce file size Switch to 'update-binary' shell script
mkbootimg + unpackbootimg