The Kali NetHunter is an Android ROM overlay that includes a robust Mobile Penetration Testing Platform. The Kali Linux NetHunter project is the first Open Source Android penetration testing platform for Nexus devices, created as a joint effort between the Kali community member “BinkyBear” and Offensive Security. The overlay includes a custom kernel, a Kali Linux chroot, and an accompanying Android application, which allows for easier interaction with various security tools and attacks. Beyond the penetration testing tools arsenal within Kali Linux, NetHunter also supports Wireless 802.11 frame injection, one-click MANA Evil Access Point setups, HID keyboard (Teensy like attacks), as well as BadUSB MITM attacks and is built upon the sturdy shoulders of the Kali Linux distribution and tool sets. For more information about the moving parts that make up NetHunter, check out our NetHunter Components page. NetHunter is an open-source project developed by Offensive Security and the community.
1. Install any ROM of your choice (AOSP, CM, Tesla)
2. Flash Gapps
4. Setup your phone settings.
5. Go to Recovery and flash nethunter zip.
6. Reboot (It might reboot a couple of times, please setback)
7. Open NetHunter app to finalize settings.
- Major portion of Kali works on kernel. I'm maintaining a kernel specifically designed for this. Flashing of any other kernel will result in unprecedented consequences.
- There are underlying issues which might cause a reboot when PEN-TESTING. Personally, I had very very very few reboots while testing.
- I have tested this extensively with ath9k_htc wireless adapter. Problems might arise with it, but I have created solutions too.
- If anyone who has knowledge in pen testing and is willing to contribute, let me know following things works or NOT.
Wireless Injection - Working with ath9k_htc. RALINK, Realtek supported but not tested.
Bluetooth interfaces USB hacks - Not tested, since I have no knowledge nor time to learn it.
Y cable - This is also not tested, since I don't have any resources left to buy new stuff.
Other Pen testing stuff - Again, not tested. But I have checked cSploit on my network and it works awesome.
1) Since PRIMA wlan is built-in, when our external adapter is disconnected there is a kernel panic and it reboots.
[NH] Kali Nethunter, ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR
Daedroza, Daedroza, binkybear
Source Code: https://github.com/daedroza/nethunter_kernel_apq8064
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Last Updated 2016-09-26