FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[5.x.x][CM12+] Status of Lollipop and CM12.1 on the Lenovo A3/S6

121 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By gwhite5, Senior Member on 29th October 2015, 06:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
You may be wondering why these devices haven't received Lollipop yet. The issue is, yet again, the MT8389 processor, which is based off of the MT6589.

I.nfraR.ed posted yesterday on the main CyanogenMod on MTK devices thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.nfraR.ed

Do you see anyone working on CM for 6589? Most of the people moved to other chipsets.
Maybe chrmhoffmann and DerTeufel are still working on this, but I don't know anyone else who has not moved to newer device.
I have moved to Redmi Note 2.

For lollipop there's no mt6589 source and although it might be possible, it would be enormous amount of work. I don't have so much free time and have a full-time job after all.
I can't leave my regular job just to work on side projects.
So, no...unless someone else is on to development for Lenovo A820/A830, then don't expect fully working CM or ROMs based on Android 5+.
If for some reason I leave my regular job and have some "free" months, then I will be able to work on this project, because I still have my A820 with me. Not likely to happen.
My KK kernel is public, so anyone can continue from where I left.

Development support for the MT6589 has been (mostly) lost, and consequently, so has support for the MT8389. This means that, until a compatible kernel for 5.x.x appears, the likelihood of both of the devices being upgraded to CM12 or 5.x.x is very low.

That doesn't mean it's not possible, however; simply unlikely.
The Following User Says Thank You to gwhite5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwhite5 Ad-Free

8th November 2015, 05:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
According to the specs the A3000 has a MT8125. Is support for this also gone?
11th December 2015, 11:45 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Muscat, Oman
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvl

According to the specs the A3000 has a MT8125. Is support for this also gone?

Yes, I'm afraid this is the Wi-Fi only version of the MT8389.
20th July 2016, 02:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I was on it..but moved to another..not at all able to boot it up..now there is a hope because of 3.4.67 kernel..again working on it😊😊😊
22nd July 2016, 04:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
CM12+ for A3000-H
Looking forward to CM12+ on our beloved A3000-H
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyCurry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BobbyCurry Ad-Free
30th August 2016, 06:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys, I have just finished doing my A3300 with Cyan's 5.1.1, all is working except for camera
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)