[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for A3000-H [23/10/2015]

Do you want odexed or deodexed nightlies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
logo-cid.png

PREAMBLE
Here is my CM11 port for the Lenovo A3000-H, 100% unofficial. Contributions are welcome!
To be able to even flash it, you'll need to use my CWM Recovery.
NOTE: I have built and tested this on my Lenovo A3000-H (16 GB version with 3G). Before flashing, please make sure to be on Stock 4.2. Open up a terminal or an ADB shell and type the following:
Code:
getprop ro.product.board
Should you get a3000_prc_3gfull, you are good to go. Otherwise, you need to flash the right Stock ROM. The members @kupyxa4444 and @luckasfb have created such a Stock-based ROM, so if you are unable to find one - try to contact one of these two.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

NOT WORKING
  • Camera

WORKING
  • GPS
  • WiFi
  • Audio
  • Boots :p
  • SELinux
  • Sensors
  • Vibration
  • Bluetooth
  • HWComposer
  • Offmode charging
  • sw video en/decoding (not hw)
  • Internal and external sdcards
  • RIL/radio (only on SIM1, SIM2 is still broken and therefore disabled, you can re-enable it by setting persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds in your build.prop)

NOTE
Should you ever face any issues (in the recovery or the ROM), provide logs (use Google to find out how to gather those). Additionally, I need to know what ROM you're on, hence you have to mention the build number.
Hint: "It doesn't work or I get error Status XY" are not bug reports and will be ignored. To keep the thread clean, use DevDB for real bug reports

DOWNLOAD
Instructions:
ordinarystar said:
Pre-equisites to flash:
1. Correct Firmware

1.1 First verify your build version by installing Terminal Emulator from Play Store and then type the following:
getprop ro.product.board
if the output is a3000_prc_3gfull, proceed to number 2.

1.2 if the output is not a3000_prc_3gfull, you will have to first flash another firmware which can be downloaded at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yhZ9sXUH_GMWhCQllhbkZRbUk/edit

Firmware flashing instructions can be referred here:
http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-a3000/development/rom-lenovo-ideatab-a3000-h-call-t2441135

2. My version of CWM installed

2.1 Now you should install the CWM. You need a rooted device to proceed. Assuming you followed 1.1 and 1.2, your device is already rooted.

You will need:

2.1.1 Install mobileuncle MTK Tools from PlayStore or download apk from thread below: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2697236

2.1.2 My CWM, download the zip file and extract the recovery.img. Put the recovery.img in your microSD card.
http://olivier.hubdroid.com/a3/cwm/cwm_a3-20141220.zip

2.2 Open up mobileuncle MTK Tools, and select install recovery. It will detect the recovery.img in your microSD card (top in the list).
Tap on it to install. DO NOT tap on others in the list. Just click OK to install. If you have already downloaded my rom with it placed in your microSD card,
you may proceed to boot into recovery, or you can press cancel and shut down your device.

The pre-equisites is now completed!

Steps to flash:

1. Download my rom from http://olivier.hubdroid.com/a3/cm-11.0/ - select a preferred release. latest release recommended.

2. Download gapps from http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-consolidated-gapps-thread-t3064693 - select gapps for kit kat 4.4.4

2. Boot up recovery: hold power button and volume up button, as it booted up release power button. Use volume up button to browse to "recovery mode" and press volume down to proceed recovery mode.

3. Do the following:

2.1 Factory reset
2.2 Clear cache
2.3 Clear dalvik cache (Advanced > clear dalvik cache)
2.4 install from zip, select the rom and install
2.5 install gapps.
2.6 when done, reboot to system

The installation is now completed! :)

I have spent a lot of time on this project and I still do - hence, donations would be highly appreciated. :D

My builds can be found here.​

SOURCEs
Device tree (branch cm-11.0)
Kernel (branch cm-11.0)
OmniROM Gerrit (topic mt6589)​

CREDITs
  • chrmhoffmann
  • kashifmin
  • Grarak
  • xplodwild
  • Dr-Shadow
  • superdragonpt
  • EnerJon
  • kupyxa4444

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11 for the Lenovo A3000-H, ROM for the Lenovo A3000

Contributors
Olivier
Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-a3-dev

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-26
Last Updated 2015-10-23

Attachments

• lenovo-a3.jpg
    lenovo-a3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 14,733
Last edited:

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Changelog

BUILD STATUS
Willing to contribute? Just drop me a PM, send me pull requests on GitHub or join my IRC channel on freenode: #cm-a3!

Please don't clutter the thread, post your bug reports here instead. Thanks!

CHANGELOG
Code:
[B][U]29/07/2015:[/U][/B]
[list][*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Fixed automatic rotation
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Security patches/fixes
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Removed scsi_wait_scan module
[*][/list]

[B][U]02/02/2015:[/U][/B]
[list][*]Fixed sw encoding and decoding ([B][COLOR="Lime"]YouTube videos etc work now![/COLOR][/B])
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Reverted to LZMA compression (for TWRP)
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Misc patches for ext4, crypto
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Added support for kernel mode NEON
[*][/list]

[B][U]28/12/2014:[/U][/B]
[list][*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Switched to LZ4 compression (instead of LZMA)
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Added BFQ/SIO/FIOPS/ZEN/VR IO Schedulers
[*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Added overall stats for all available cores
[*]Fixed battery capacity (item in framework-res)
[*][/list]

[B][U]26/12/2014:[/U][/B]
[list][*]Switched back to deodexed build on community request
[*]Removed recovery-from-boot.p (we don't really want this)[/list]

[B][U]20/12/2014:[/U][/B]
[list][*]Fixed Internal sdcard[/list]

[B][U]17/12/2014:[/U][/B]
[list][*]Fixed HWComposer
[*]Odexed build for better performance[/list]

[B][U]16/12/2014:[/U][/B]
[list][*]Fixed NVRAM
[*]Fixed Bluetooth
[*]Fixed RIL[/list]

[B][U]26/11/2014:[/U][/B]
[list][*]Initial public release.[/list]

Last edited:

fady996

Jan 27, 2014
Cairo
Thanks

Thanks Olivier for your enormous efforts, you are working alone , You rock

successfully installed it over A3000_A422_013_025_140926_WW_CALL_FUSE

Using this build "cm-11-20141127-UNOFFICIAL-a3"

I'm testing it , and i'm going to report the bugs i find via the bug report ;)

Again , thanks

Reactions: YA2006

Magiiic

Nov 11, 2014
New user

I have a question..
If I install this room on my lenovo a3000. What is the things that will not working on my tablet. Sorry I'm not professional and I need to help to know what is the risk's that I will found??

Reactions: caukulutuk

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
I have a question..
If I install this room on my lenovo a3000. What is the things that will not working on my tablet. Sorry I'm not professional and I need to help to know what is the risk's that I will found??

As it was said in the first post..

Bluetooth
RIL/radio
Camera
(hw) video en/decoding and hwcomposer
Internal SD card
probably much more (haven't had much time to test everything)

Reactions: deathvirus1991

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: afridi.shahriar

xxxo

Dec 26, 2011
OP thankyou for this works very well with my F version ,never seen HD video load so fast

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Aren't u using hodor kernel?
Hodor kernel fir A3000 have not any radio/Bluetooth bug listed!! They why in this rom has bugs of radio?? http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-a3000/orig-development/kernel-hodorkernel-t2952086

Yes, the CM11 kernel is based off my HodorKernel. Apparently the kernel isn't the problem here - you could flash it on any fused Stock ROM and everything would work.

To those who wanted ETAs: At the moment, I'm a bit busy with exams and other devices. Bugfixing is progressing rather slowly, not only due to time constraints but also because I'm working on this alone and it's not easy to work on mtk devices.

Reactions: Lakum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

PREAMBLE
    Here is my CM11 port for the Lenovo A3000-H, 100% unofficial. Contributions are welcome!
    To be able to even flash it, you'll need to use my CWM Recovery.
    NOTE: I have built and tested this on my Lenovo A3000-H (16 GB version with 3G). Before flashing, please make sure to be on Stock 4.2. Open up a terminal or an ADB shell and type the following:
    Code:
    getprop ro.product.board
    Should you get a3000_prc_3gfull, you are good to go. Otherwise, you need to flash the right Stock ROM. The members @kupyxa4444 and @luckasfb have created such a Stock-based ROM, so if you are unable to find one - try to contact one of these two.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

NOT WORKING
    • Camera

WORKING
    • GPS
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • Boots :p
    • SELinux
    • Sensors
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • HWComposer
    • Offmode charging
    • sw video en/decoding (not hw)
    • Internal and external sdcards
    • RIL/radio (only on SIM1, SIM2 is still broken and therefore disabled, you can re-enable it by setting persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds in your build.prop)

NOTE
    Should you ever face any issues (in the recovery or the ROM), provide logs (use Google to find out how to gather those). Additionally, I need to know what ROM you're on, hence you have to mention the build number.
    Hint: "It doesn't work or I get error Status XY" are not bug reports and will be ignored. To keep the thread clean, use DevDB for real bug reports

DOWNLOAD
    Instructions:
    ordinarystar said:
    Pre-equisites to flash:
    1. Correct Firmware

1.1 First verify your build version by installing Terminal Emulator from Play Store and then type the following:
    getprop ro.product.board
    if the output is a3000_prc_3gfull, proceed to number 2.

1.2 if the output is not a3000_prc_3gfull, you will have to first flash another firmware which can be downloaded at:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yhZ9sXUH_GMWhCQllhbkZRbUk/edit

Firmware flashing instructions can be referred here:
    http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-a3000/development/rom-lenovo-ideatab-a3000-h-call-t2441135

2. My version of CWM installed

2.1 Now you should install the CWM. You need a rooted device to proceed. Assuming you followed 1.1 and 1.2, your device is already rooted.

You will need:

2.1.1 Install mobileuncle MTK Tools from PlayStore or download apk from thread below: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2697236

2.1.2 My CWM, download the zip file and extract the recovery.img. Put the recovery.img in your microSD card.
    http://olivier.hubdroid.com/a3/cwm/cwm_a3-20141220.zip

2.2 Open up mobileuncle MTK Tools, and select install recovery. It will detect the recovery.img in your microSD card (top in the list).
    Tap on it to install. DO NOT tap on others in the list. Just click OK to install. If you have already downloaded my rom with it placed in your microSD card,
    you may proceed to boot into recovery, or you can press cancel and shut down your device.

The pre-equisites is now completed!

Steps to flash:

1. Download my rom from http://olivier.hubdroid.com/a3/cm-11.0/ - select a preferred release. latest release recommended.

2. Download gapps from http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-consolidated-gapps-thread-t3064693 - select gapps for kit kat 4.4.4

2. Boot up recovery: hold power button and volume up button, as it booted up release power button. Use volume up button to browse to "recovery mode" and press volume down to proceed recovery mode.

3. Do the following:

2.1 Factory reset
    2.2 Clear cache
    2.3 Clear dalvik cache (Advanced > clear dalvik cache)
    2.4 install from zip, select the rom and install
    2.5 install gapps.
    2.6 when done, reboot to system

The installation is now completed! :)

I have spent a lot of time on this project and I still do - hence, donations would be highly appreciated. :D

My builds can be found here.​

SOURCEs
    Device tree (branch cm-11.0)
    Kernel (branch cm-11.0)
    OmniROM Gerrit (topic mt6589)​

CREDITs
    • chrmhoffmann
    • kashifmin
    • Grarak
    • xplodwild
    • Dr-Shadow
    • superdragonpt
    • EnerJon
    • kupyxa4444

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 for the Lenovo A3000-H, ROM for the Lenovo A3000

Contributors
    Olivier
    Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-a3-dev

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-26
    Last Updated 2015-10-23
    Changelog

BUILD STATUS
    Willing to contribute? Just drop me a PM, send me pull requests on GitHub or join my IRC channel on freenode: #cm-a3!

Please don't clutter the thread, post your bug reports here instead. Thanks!

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    [B][U]29/07/2015:[/U][/B]
    [list][*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Fixed automatic rotation
    [*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Removed scsi_wait_scan module
    [*][/list]

[B][U]02/02/2015:[/U][/B]
    [list][*]Fixed sw encoding and decoding ([B][COLOR="Lime"]YouTube videos etc work now![/COLOR][/B])
    [*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Reverted to LZMA compression (for TWRP)
    [*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Misc patches for ext4, crypto
    [*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Added support for kernel mode NEON
    [*][/list]

[B][U]28/12/2014:[/U][/B]
    [list][*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Switched to LZ4 compression (instead of LZMA)
    [*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Added BFQ/SIO/FIOPS/ZEN/VR IO Schedulers
    [*][B][COLOR="Blue"]kernel: [/COLOR][/B]Added overall stats for all available cores
    [*]Fixed battery capacity (item in framework-res)
    [*][/list]

[B][U]26/12/2014:[/U][/B]
    [list][*]Switched back to deodexed build on community request
    [*]Removed recovery-from-boot.p (we don't really want this)[/list]

[B][U]20/12/2014:[/U][/B]
    [list][*]Fixed Internal sdcard[/list]

[B][U]17/12/2014:[/U][/B]
    [list][*]Fixed HWComposer
    [*]Odexed build for better performance[/list]

[B][U]16/12/2014:[/U][/B]
    [list][*]Fixed NVRAM
    [*]Fixed Bluetooth
    [*]Fixed RIL[/list]

[B][U]26/11/2014:[/U][/B]
    [list][*]Initial public release.[/list]
    Good news!

This project is not dead! I have finally managed to fix the sensors entirely (automatic screen rotation now works as it should), thanks to a hint from EnerJon. I'm too lazy to build CM11 right now, so here's a kernel package with the fix, just flash it over a CM11 build without wiping: cm-11.0-kernel-20150728-d7fdca8-a3.zip

Enjoy :)

BTW: I use CarbonROM 4.4.4 at the moment (built it just yesterday) - if anyone's interested in it, let me know and I'll share it.
    Good news, Bluetooth and RIL work in the latest EXPERIMENTAL build and every nightly built AFTER the 17th of December! Outgoing as well as ingoing calls work just fine.

Download: cm-11-20141216-EXPERIMENTAL-a3.zip

To those who don't have the -H variant like me but others like A3000-F or just A3000: Does the ROM work for you?
    The nightly is building as we speak, some stuff has been fixed - you can now watch videos on YouTube because sw encoding/decoding works! Enjoy!