[ROM] Flight A328 , custom rom based on latest 150708

Search This thread

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
This is my first rom for Lenovo A328
I own this phone last 10 days and i cook in cygwin kitchen a rom based on stock.
Hoping for more ....

THANKS and GREDITS to...
SAVYOL for twrp recovery
REVED , for kernel modd.
BLACKEANGEL , for recovery menu.
For Viper4android here .. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
KONSTI for testing

All aboard and fasten your seat belts please
Ready for departure with.....

FLIGHT A328
Changelog
Root
Busybox
Deodex
Zipalign
Unsecured boot.img with init.d support
Build.prop and init.d tweaks
Based on latest 150429
Deleted a lot of apps , almost all of them i think , even the updater , so this rom cannot be updated , except from me.
I have also a version including updater of course , i will upload it later.
Added flash player
Boot sounds , disabled
GPS , everything fixed for those who having problems , now it's workable and fast , no need of anything to work , for testing just download gps test app from playstore , turn OFF wifi and mobile data , go somewhere with skyview ( street,window,balcony,etc.. ) , turn ON gps and open gps test , first time it needs 45sec or a minute to lock ( tested with sygic , first time took almost a minute to lock , second time just few seconds ).

Flight A328 - 150708
Changelog
Based on latest A328 ROW329 150708
New kernel , implemented Reved's mod for changing primary storage from internal sd to external sd , so now you will have more space to install apps.
Added , reboot recovery menu.
Changed and added all audio files from Lenovo S650 VibeUi rom to have a better sound quality , including also Viper4android.
Fixed audio sync problem on youtube videos.

DOWNLOAD ( latest version )
Flight A328 - 150708
http://www.mediafire.com/download/76i1fbog10hgvlr/Flight_A328-150708.zip

NOTE
This update , needs external sd to work , do not flash this rom without micro sd card.
External micro sd will recognized as phone memory now.

NOTE 2
FOR THOSE WHO HAVING BOOTLOOP PROBLEM WITH NEW FLIGHT A328 150708
Problem solved.
Flash firstly the previous rom ( Flight A328 ).
Then reboot your phone.
When phone enters PIN screen , turn it off.
Enter TWRP again and flash the new update ( Flight A328 - 150708 ) without wipe data .
When installation finish , wipe cache and dalvik.
Reboot system and everything will work fine without bootloop.

DOWNLOAD ( previous version )
Flight A328
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6hej9xtraz1ezm0/Flight_A328.zip

INSTALATION
Enter TWRP
Wipe / factory reset
Install / Flight_A328.zip
Wipe cache and dalvik cache
Reboot system
Wait 4-6 minutes to boot
Enjoy flight !!!!

Screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-54-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-54-38.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11,978
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-54-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-54-45.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 8,287
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-55-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-55-12.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 6,974
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-55-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-55-45.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 7,253
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-55-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-55-37.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 8,186
Last edited:

konsti

Dec 18, 2007
Muppet Show
Thank you @gkalenis for your share, works OK, just flashed it as instructed! Excellent post! Used TWRP 2.8.1.0.

1. Just a side-track bug, the main phone desktop has 3-4 empty groups (inside apps were removed, as you say) so tapping once in the empty folder/group and returning to the desktop, automatically removes this folder.
2. I also saw that boot-time is faster, can you confirm? (I don't get boot logo sound though, must check if it's phone setting or not; unless you killed that sound too :D )
3. Finally, because of the missing Google Talk etc. and the issue that many of us encounter, when opening Gmail on browser and "hidden" status shows "Oops! You are not invisible because you're logged into Google Talk from another client, device, or location that doesn't support invisibility." can you please confirm that Google Talk or Hangouts is totally removed, even as a service?
4. With factory defaults and wiping later, the wizard setup should appear upon 1st run--is that also removed? Just checking...!

Many thanks!!!

Reactions: newwww

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Hi Kosta , i'm glad to see you here in xda also.
Thank you for your feedback!!!!

Well , this rom as i said is totally empty , it has only neccesary apps , everything deleted , even the updater apk , also talk, hangouts , and everything unneeded ( at least for me ).
Boot sounds are disabled , if you want to enable boot sounds , just go to system/media/ and delete the ".bak" at the end of mp3 files and boot sounds will work again.
Everything else as you notice is deleted.
Rom is very fast now and you can install any app you like without preinstall garbages.
Rom support init.d scripts and tweaks ( i allready include some ) , and everything work faster than stock rom.
For empty folders in desktop , just open them and will dissapear , as you said.
Thank you , once again for testing and for your feedback.

FOR ALL USERS
I have whole stock rom 150429 deodexed , if anyone wants to add some apps which i delete , i can upload an almost full version of Flight A328.

Στάλθηκε από το Lenovo A328 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: kazzot17 and konsti

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
UPDATE .....

Flight A328 - 150708
Changelog
New kernel , implemented Reved's mod for changing primary storage from internal sd to external sd , so now you will have more space to install apps.
Changed and added all audio files from Lenovo S650 VibeUi rom to have a better sound quality , including also Viper4android.

THANKS and GREDITS to...
Reved , for kernel modd.
Blackeangel , for recovery menu.

DOWNLOAD
Flight A328 - 150708

NOTE
This update , needs external sd to work , do not flash this rom without micro sd card.

INSTALLATION
Follow instructions at first post.
Enjoy the new Flight !!!!

Last edited:

kazzot17

Jan 19, 2013
UPDATE .....

Flight A328 - 150708
Changelog

THANKS and GREDITS to...
Reved , for kernel modd.

DOWNLOAD
Flight A328 - 150708

NOTE

INSTALLATION

Thank you for this update! Keep up the great work :D

Reactions: gkalen

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
idk what happen but this doesnt work on my lenovo a328.. stock on boot logo ive been waiting for 30 mins nothing happen
You are the second that you have boot problem with this rom , but i don't know why do you have problems , for most of users rom works great.
Would you like to try to flash previous version first , reboot phone , check if boot ok and then try to flash over the new update.

Last edited:

konsti

Dec 18, 2007
Muppet Show
UPDATE..... Flight A328 - 150708
Changelog
Hi @gkalenis and thank you for your update, please can you also provide a couple of points more?
-Does this update poll for official updates and produce messages/notifications or is it removed, as expected?
-Does the SD card need special partitioning/formatting to support this new feature? Can you point us to a page with description of what needs to be done? I remember that there is a procedure to split SD to EXT3/FAT32 partitions for "Link2SD" (or whatever that tool is) so if you find a page with instructions, can you please share it?
-Do we need to do a clean ROM update (with wipe etc.) or can we just throw this on the top of your previous Flight A328 release?

UPDATE: I found this article, for example.

Many thanks... I will update to this ROM, once I am back home...

Last edited:

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Hi @gkalenis and thank you for your update, please can you also provide a couple of points more?
-Does this update poll for official updates and produce messages/notifications or is it removed, as expected?
-Does the SD card need special partitioning/formatting to support this new feature? Can you point us to a page with description of what needs to be done? I remember that there is a procedure to split SD to EXT3/FAT32 partitions for "Link2SD" (or whatever that tool is) so if you find a page with instructions, can you please share it?
-Do we need to do a clean ROM update (with wipe etc.) or can we just throw this on the top of your previous Flight A328 release?

Hi Konsti !!
This update is like first rom , totally cleaned , as i say this rom will be updated only by me.

About sdcard mode
Actually all my sd cards are partitioned but this modd will work for non partitioned sdcards as well.
When you connect your phone to pc will recognize only external sd as phone storage and usb mass storage doesn't work , only mtp mode works.
Delete all files and folders from internal storage or anything you want move it to external sd.
Open root explorer and go to storage folder , you will see two folders sdcard0 and sdcard1 , now sdcard0 sawing external sd card and sdcard1 sawing internal sd.
Open sdcard1 and delete or move everything except folders 0 and legacy.
That's it , reboot your phone and everything will work like a charm with a lot of free space for apps.
As you can see i have real racing which is 841mb and sygic which runs through phone storage , with previous kernel with those two apps my phone memory filled , now as you can see i have 1,3gb space available and i can install much more apps or games to my phone without space problems.
Check screenshots to see what i did ..
uploadfromtaptalk1438694627717.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694649140.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694673481.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694690842.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694709090.png

Last edited:
Reactions: annid and mickey396

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Problem solved.
Then reboot your phone.
Enter TWRP again and flash the new update ( Flight A328 - 150708 ) without wipe data .
Enjoy !!!

konsti

Dec 18, 2007
Muppet Show
Hi again @gkalenis, kindly tell us if we need to do a clean ROM install (with full wipe etc.) or can we just throw this on the top of your previous Flight A328 release? I cannot afford the time to repeat each time the installation steps/parameters :D :D

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Hi again @gkalenis, kindly tell us if we need to do a clean ROM install (with full wipe etc.) or can we just throw this on the top of your previous Flight A328 release? I cannot afford the time to repeat each time the installation steps/parameters :D :D
I allready said that in previous post , some users has bootloop problem after clean install of new update , to avoid this you must flash this rom over previous flight and everything will be fine.
Read my previous post and you will understand.

konsti

Dec 18, 2007
Muppet Show
I allready said that in previous post , some users has bootloop problem after clean install of new update , to avoid this you must flash this rom over previous flight and everything will be fine.
Read my previous post and you will understand.
Apologies, didn't read that message and thought it wasn't relevant to my question. Thanks again for your good efforts :good:

prescott66

Dec 4, 2010
How is battery life with this rom? Is better as in stock rom? I get really worst battery life with stock rom :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first rom for Lenovo A328
    I own this phone last 10 days and i cook in cygwin kitchen a rom based on stock.
    Hoping for more ....

THANKS and GREDITS to...
    SAVYOL for twrp recovery
    REVED , for kernel modd.
    BLACKEANGEL , for recovery menu.
    KONSTI for testing

All aboard and fasten your seat belts please
    Ready for departure with.....

FLIGHT A328
    Changelog
    Root
    Busybox
    Deodex
    Zipalign
    Unsecured boot.img with init.d support
    Build.prop and init.d tweaks
    Based on latest 150429
    Deleted a lot of apps , almost all of them i think , even the updater , so this rom cannot be updated , except from me.
    I have also a version including updater of course , i will upload it later.
    Added flash player
    Boot sounds , disabled
    GPS , everything fixed for those who having problems , now it's workable and fast , no need of anything to work , for testing just download gps test app from playstore , turn OFF wifi and mobile data , go somewhere with skyview ( street,window,balcony,etc.. ) , turn ON gps and open gps test , first time it needs 45sec or a minute to lock ( tested with sygic , first time took almost a minute to lock , second time just few seconds ).

Flight A328 - 150708
    Changelog

DOWNLOAD ( latest version )
    Flight A328 - 150708

NOTE

NOTE 2
    Problem solved.
    Then reboot your phone.

DOWNLOAD ( previous version )
    Flight A328
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6hej9xtraz1ezm0/Flight_A328.zip

INSTALATION
    Enter TWRP
    Wipe / factory reset
    Install / Flight_A328.zip
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    Reboot system
    Wait 4-6 minutes to boot
    Enjoy flight !!!!

Screenshots
    Hi Kosta , i'm glad to see you here in xda also.
    Thank you for your feedback!!!!

Well , this rom as i said is totally empty , it has only neccesary apps , everything deleted , even the updater apk , also talk, hangouts , and everything unneeded ( at least for me ).
    Boot sounds are disabled , if you want to enable boot sounds , just go to system/media/ and delete the ".bak" at the end of mp3 files and boot sounds will work again.
    Everything else as you notice is deleted.
    Rom is very fast now and you can install any app you like without preinstall garbages.
    Rom support init.d scripts and tweaks ( i allready include some ) , and everything work faster than stock rom.
    For empty folders in desktop , just open them and will dissapear , as you said.
    Thank you , once again for testing and for your feedback.

FOR ALL USERS
    I have whole stock rom 150429 deodexed , if anyone wants to add some apps which i delete , i can upload an almost full version of Flight A328.

UPDATE .....

Flight A328 - 150708
    Changelog

THANKS and GREDITS to...
    Reved , for kernel modd.

DOWNLOAD
    Flight A328 - 150708

NOTE

INSTALLATION

Hi Konsti !!
    This update is like first rom , totally cleaned , as i say this rom will be updated only by me.

About sdcard mode
    Actually all my sd cards are partitioned but this modd will work for non partitioned sdcards as well.
    When you connect your phone to pc will recognize only external sd as phone storage and usb mass storage doesn't work , only mtp mode works.
    Delete all files and folders from internal storage or anything you want move it to external sd.
    Open root explorer and go to storage folder , you will see two folders sdcard0 and sdcard1 , now sdcard0 sawing external sd card and sdcard1 sawing internal sd.
    Open sdcard1 and delete or move everything except folders 0 and legacy.
    That's it , reboot your phone and everything will work like a charm with a lot of free space for apps.
    As you can see i have real racing which is 841mb and sygic which runs through phone storage , with previous kernel with those two apps my phone memory filled , now as you can see i have 1,3gb space available and i can install much more apps or games to my phone without space problems.
    Check screenshots to see what i did ..
    uploadfromtaptalk1438694627717.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694649140.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694673481.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694690842.png uploadfromtaptalk1438694709090.png

if that would've been so easly... twrp wasn't starting.
    Anyway, I flashed stock rom with spflashtool and now I'm running miui.