FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] Install CWM or TWRP on Lenovo A850 (Root needed)

881 posts
Thanks Meter: 535

By GreatApo, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2015, 01:15 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
same problem i face all the time. when i reboot my device its recovery chinese langues and apps .

14th September 2015, 06:08 PM |#102  
Flag Bandar Baru Bangi
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaSpencer

same problem i face all the time. when i reboot my device its recovery chinese langues and apps .

Maybe you may will just stuck on your stock recovery since there are rumours that MAJORITY (..yep) of these phones shipped are meant not to be flashed except ROW. You may be using a generic chinese smartphone that does has the same, better or worse specs under an A850 plastic housing.

That answered your question somehow. Now read my verily-long-short-enough-to-be-a-review feelings about why we face these problems.

Chinese smartphone manufacturers (and possibly other smartphone manufacturers too), are trying the best to prevent firmware change in any way possible, because they are defending their marketing asset, that is their modified ROM with ****loads of bloatwares, which.. "WOW I CAN SHARE ANY FILES WITHOUT BLUETOOTH, SO BLAZIN' FAST WIF THIS APP"...for normal users, but..."I FRIKIN H8 DIZ BLOATWAREZ I WANNA REMOVE IT!!!"...even for me and most power users (users that do more than just using the phone in the phone way). Well in reality standard users are the main asset for this companies, which you can see by yourself by just looking to an average schoolgirl that uses Galaxy S6 Active just for Instagram, they are bound to stock ROM by manufacturer and they want to keep it that way in any impermeable walls possible, unlike Google.

Chinese manufacturers are too lazy to release the source code for the firmwares for every phones they release, because they don't wanna deal with a hoarde of SuperSU geeks who want answers in "why I cannot apply root.fs in this firmware Axxx-20xx?", "Please make support for this Superuser version!", nope they're not gonna reply all that stuff because simply they really cannot ENGLISH.
The Following User Says Thank You to irfanadli97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irfanadli97 Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 01:49 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi all,

My build no. is A850_S203_140208_SWTHK-A.
I don't know whether my phone is the ROW/CN (located but didn't knew how to open/view build.prop) so I tried all (CWM/TWRP for CN/ROW) of the recovery img and none worked. It just won't boot into recovery, stucked at lenovo logo and turned off.. What is seems to be the prob? Is it something to do woth my build no? Because I see some user with the same build have the same problems.. Even with rooting.. I can't even root it with framaroot method, the most common method.. (used kingoapp). Could anyone help? Or at least point me to the direction.. Thank you in advance!

Should I just flash another A850 stock rom (although risky) to get rid of these limitations if the rom version seems to be the issue? I hate the thought of that limitation. I wanted to create a save point so that I could further tweak my phone.. Risk it before saves it? What do you all think..

Just a rookie
22nd October 2015, 09:40 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanadli97

Maybe you may will just stuck on your stock recovery since there are rumours that MAJORITY (..yep) of these phones shipped are meant not to be flashed except ROW. You may be using a generic chinese smartphone that does has the same, better or worse specs under an A850 plastic housing.

That answered your question somehow. Now read my verily-long-short-enough-to-be-a-review feelings about why we face these problems.

Chinese smartphone manufacturers (and possibly other smartphone manufacturers too), are trying the best to prevent firmware change in any way possible, because they are defending their marketing asset, that is their modified ROM with ****loads of bloatwares, which.. "WOW I CAN SHARE ANY FILES WITHOUT BLUETOOTH, SO BLAZIN' FAST WIF THIS APP"...for normal users, but..."I FRIKIN H8 DIZ BLOATWAREZ I WANNA REMOVE IT!!!"...even for me and most power users (users that do more than just using the phone in the phone way). Well in reality standard users are the main asset for this companies, which you can see by yourself by just looking to an average schoolgirl that uses Galaxy S6 Active just for Instagram, they are bound to stock ROM by manufacturer and they want to keep it that way in any impermeable walls possible, unlike Google.

Chinese manufacturers are too lazy to release the source code for the firmwares for every phones they release, because they don't wanna deal with a hoarde of SuperSU geeks who want answers in "why I cannot apply root.fs in this firmware Axxx-20xx?", "Please make support for this Superuser version!", nope they're not gonna reply all that stuff because simply they really cannot ENGLISH.

Thank you so much for your good and helping comment. I will try it now. then i will give you update about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MonaSpencer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MonaSpencer Ad-Free
2nd November 2015, 04:47 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, any chance you could write a guide for lenovo a916?

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a916-6855.php

Thanx in advance

JBJ
11th April 2016, 07:35 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have Lenovo a238t, how do I flash custom recovery mode in my device
6th May 2016, 10:08 AM |#107  
Flag Radom
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

4. Install recovery: (IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING DO NOT PROCEED)
Open Mobileuncle MTK Tools. (You will be asked to give root permition to the app, select always yes)
Click on "Recovery Update" and the app will find the recovery image in your SD card. (in the first line, do not click any other recovery)
Click on the recovery image you selected (recovery_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img or recovery_z_CWM_v6.0.3.4.img), click OK to install recovery... wait some seconds, and then click OK to reboot into recovery.
Done! You are in the recovery
(If the phone reboots and then shutdown, the recovery.img didn't work. Try an other version.)

How to get into recovery: (2 simple ways)
- Power of your phone. Wait some second. Press the power button and bot h volume keys and not let them go until the logo appears (the phone will also vibrate). It takes up to 7 seconds to open, keep pressing the buttons until the vibration.
- With Mobileuncle MTK Tools, open it and click on "Into Recovery Mode".

[...]

Bugs:
- I got an error will trying to backup (CWM ROW version), "can't mount data" . If you face this problem, better install this CWM version. It worked for me[/FONT]

Strange but i cannot enter recovery in CN, ROW and recovery mentioned in "bugs" section... any other images that might work?
13th July 2016, 11:34 PM |#108  

More
CustomRecovery
Hi guyz,I've downloaded many files(both row and cn), but I'm still unable to install neither cwm nor twrp custom recovery on my a850. Is there any way this can be done using pc(flash tool)?
15th July 2016, 05:00 PM |#109  

More
Nice guide i had successfully installed cwm and works fine. It's just i wondered if i can replace the cwm to twrp using the same method, since my phone's buttons are quite insensitive, and twrp will be easier with all the taps and swipes. Or do i need to use other method, like some said try using goo manager.. i think..
3rd August 2016, 08:18 AM |#110  

More
Official chinese rom using TRWP
can someone make official rom for Lenovo A850 install using Twrp or make backup in trwp recovery... stock chinese firmware,thanks
12th August 2016, 05:24 PM |#111  

More
Is there anyone can provide an answer to my question before, and i had once tried to do backup with cwm but it said not enough space on sd card, but i had about 4gb free space out of 7gb. I'm thinking of using new sd card because i want to use it for ram expander too, but since clockworkmod folder is in sd, what should i do?
The Following User Says Thank You to jintoncit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jintoncit Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a850, cwm, lenovo, recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)