FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ SOLVED ] Lenovo A850 won't power up after flashing ROM

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone.

I got a Lenovo A850 ( MTK 6582 ) here which is belong to my friend, it was full with malware apps or I can say a Trojan, Hijackers etc etc.. Because it like to turn off USB DEBUGGING option ( checkbox ) and downloading inappropriate apps into device and I decide to flash a new ROM I downloaded from needrom website and flashed using SP Tools. All processes went alright and SP tools 'Green Circle' popup.

Then, I unplug USB and put battery and cover, and pressing Power button. Sadly, it won't turn ON anymore, just Red LED light. I can't even enter recovery / bootloader. I was looking for solutions everywhere including in X-DA forum. Some said, It was Hardware problem, but how come? It was fine before I flashed a ROM. and now it's totally dead

I played around by pulling out a battery and pressing Volume buttons + power with USB cable attached to it and it finally respond to PC device manager by showing a MTK USB port I tried using SP tools again to flash another ROM with hopes it will fix but yeah, I know it won't work as MTK USB Port is not the right driver for SP tools.

What do i do now? Please someone help me.

Many thanks!

EDIT : PROBLEM SOLVED

Hello members,

Finally, I got this device alive again and if you are also having this issue and still can't fix it, you can now by following below steps;
Its time to revive your dead phone.

First, download below files:

- Download this A850 stock ROM here ( MTK6582 )
- Use this SP flash tool, here
- VCOM Mediatek Drivers pack ( required )

*Items required : USB cable, PC/Laptop, & Your dead phone.

OK now lets start...

2. Unzip ROM file and start SP flash tools, Load scatter file > Go to option > check DA DL all with checksum.

3. Uncheck all list and Select 'PRELOADER' only and press Download.

4. Remove battery from your phone, after 5 secs while pressing Vol + / Vol - or both, connect USB to you device. If you get no response from PC ( not recognize ), you have to unscrew and open your phone cover to manually jumper the 'Preloader Test point'. Please follow this guide here. However it's quiet advance step and please do it carefully at your own risk.

5. Otherwise, after plug in USB, your PC will start installing Driver ( If it failed to install driver automatically, then you have to install it manually from VCOM Mediatek driver pack download earlier ).

6. If everything is right, SP flash tools will automatically detect your device via MTK USB port ( RED BAR PROGRESS ) and It will change it to Mediatek DA VCOM and PURPLE BAR PROGRESS show up and viola! GREEN CIRCLE popup!
DONE!

7. Now remove USB from your phone, Don't do anything yet, back to SP flash tools, and now Select all flash list except PRELOADER and press Download. and insert USB cable again and flash tools will start the process, wait until it finish flashing all img's ( Boot, Uboot, System, Data, MBR etc ).

If flashing processes done successfully, it will popup GREEN CIRCLE again, now you can take a deep breath

- Unplug USB > Put Battery ON > Press power button > You tell me what you feel

*Side Note : If you're having any issue like a boot loop, just boot into Recovery Mode and format data/cache and REBOOT.

CWM Recovery img here
*Automade using MTKDroidtools

Good Luck!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RidzVarn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RidzVarn Ad-Free

22nd March 2016, 05:36 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidzVarn

Hi everyone.

I got a Lenovo A850 ( MTK 6582 ) here which is belong to my friend, it was full with malware apps or I can say a Trojan, Hijackers etc etc.. Because it like to turn off USB DEBUGGING option ( checkbox ) and downloading inappropriate apps into device and I decide to flash a new ROM I downloaded from needrom website and flashed using SP Tools. All processes went alright and SP tools 'Green Circle' popup.

Then, I unplug USB and put battery and cover, and pressing Power button. Sadly, it won't turn ON anymore, just Red LED light. I can't even enter recovery / bootloader. I was looking for solutions everywhere including in X-DA forum. Some said, It was Hardware problem, but how come? It was fine before I flashed a ROM. and now it's totally dead

I played around by pulling out a battery and pressing Volume buttons + power with USB cable attached to it and it finally respond to PC device manager by showing a MTK USB port I tried using SP tools again to flash another ROM with hopes it will fix but yeah, I know it won't work as MTK USB Port is not the right driver for SP tools.

Many thanks!

Hello members,

Finally, I got this device alive again and if you are also having this issue and still can't fix it, you can now by following below steps;

OK now lets start...

2. Unzip ROM file and start SP flash tools, Load scatter file > Go to option > check DA DL all with checksum.

only select PRELOADER

4. Remove battery from your phone, after 5 secs while pressing Vol + / Vol - or both, connect USB to you device. If you get no response from PC ( not recognize ), you have to unscrew and open your phone cover to manually jumper the 'Preloader Test point'. Please follow this guide here. However it's quiet advance step and please do it carefully at your own risk.

5. Otherwise, after plug in USB, your PC will start installing Driver ( If it failed to install driver automatically, then you have to install it manually from VCOM Mediatek driver pack download earlier ).

6. If everything is right, SP flash tools will automatically detect your device via MTK USB port ( RED BAR PROGRESS ) and It will change it to Mediatek DA VCOM and PURPLE BAR PROGRESS show up and viola! GREEN CIRCLE popup!
DONE!

7. Now remove USB from your phone, Don't do anything yet, back to SP flash tools, and now Select all flash list except PRELOADER and press Download. and insert USB cable again and flash tools will start the process, wait until it finish flashing all img's ( Boot, Uboot, System, Data, MBR etc ).

If flashing processes done successfully, it will popup GREEN CIRCLE again, now you can take a deep breath

*Side Note : If you're having any issue like a boot loop, just boot into Recovery Mode and format data/cache and REBOOT.

CWM Recovery img here

Good Luck!

Hi there, first to all, thanks for this information, im in the process of recover of my A850i after intall A850_S121 rom, the phone was bricked :S , im right know following your steps and in the FlashTool , when i select only the preloader and click download , FlashTool show a box that says "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded" , then i click help and ask me to do a " Format All + Download" , what should i do? Please Help! And i have another question in the dropdown menu wich option should be set ? download only ? , firmware upgrade? , format all + download? Thanks!! FlashTool
23rd March 2016, 11:06 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamatos

Hi there, first to all, thanks for this information, im in the process of recover of my A850i after intall A850_S121 rom, the phone was bricked :S , im right know following your steps and in the FlashTool , when i select only the preloader and click download , FlashTool show a box that says "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded" , then i click help and ask me to do a " Format All + Download" , what should i do? Please Help! And i have another question in the dropdown menu wich option should be set ? download only ? , firmware upgrade? , format all + download? Thanks!!

FlashTool

Hi there,

Try again using different version of SP tools. Hope it will fix. I got that error msg too before when using new SP flash tools.

Good luck!

Sent from my 4027N using Tapatalk
24th March 2016, 06:28 AM |#4  
Flag Pamekasan
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Great share! Thanks for helping my exact problem as you are.
Thanks alot
11th April 2016, 04:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Hi everyone.

Many thanks!

Hello members,

OK now lets start...

only select PRELOADER

DONE!

CWM Recovery img here

Good Luck!

Bro, boleh share backup x? Aku punya phone bricked, dah try rom official yang ada tapi x boleh.. nak try guna backup rom plak
17th July 2016, 05:59 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Bro, boleh share backup x? Aku punya phone bricked, dah try rom official yang ada tapi x boleh.. nak try guna backup rom plak

Hi,

Sorry lama tak jenguk, backup pun dah tak ada dah. Dah tukar phone.
18th January 2017, 08:41 PM |#7  

More
Bro..aq haritu format gune sp flashtool..kirenye macam nak format dulu baru download rom baru la..tapi lepas format tros mati fon nie..xleh turn on..yang ade cume lampu merah tu je..nak connect pc pon xleh..camane nak selesai mende ni bro??
5th July 2017, 09:57 AM |#8  

More
Dead Lenovo s850 ....while trying some cn version rom
help me to get back my phone plz...as i was trying to install linerage os cn 13 i bricked my phone......n its not even power up.
kindly plz helpme to unbrick .
i download the stock rom n try to flash it through flash tool. but my windows cant recognize my device.....
so i install the driver .....vcom n cdc manually but still cant recognize it .
10th November 2017, 10:18 AM |#9  

More
26th October 2018, 08:06 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Hi everyone.

Many thanks!

Hello members,

OK now lets start...

DONE!

CWM Recovery img here

Good Luck!

Hi guys! I never knew that this would happened. So I just got my phone turned to something like this. i) The link above is not working. Do you guys have any spare links? ii) I tried as he said above, and I'm using this app that I found on YouTube, and I got DRAM error. I hope you guys could help me, I feel so bad towards myself. Thanks in advanced!
27th October 2018, 08:03 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saladbass123

Hi guys! I never knew that this would happened. So I just got my phone turned to something like this. i) The link above is not working. Do you guys have any spare links? ii) I tried as he said above, and I'm using this app that I found on YouTube, and I got DRAM error. I hope you guys could help me, I feel so bad towards myself. Thanks in advanced!

Hi saladbass,

DRAM error usually because of ROM isnt correct or in other words, it is not for your device. Try to find the correct ROM for your model.

try find here and let me know.

https://firmwarefile.com/lenovo-a850

good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)