I got a Lenovo A850 ( MTK 6582 ) here which is belong to my friend, it was full with malware apps or I can say a Trojan, Hijackers etc etc.. Because it like to turn off USB DEBUGGING option ( checkbox ) and downloading inappropriate apps into device and I decide to flash a new ROM I downloaded from needrom website and flashed using SP Tools. All processes went alright and SP tools 'Green Circle' popup.
Then, I unplug USB and put battery and cover, and pressing Power button. Sadly, it won't turn ON anymore, just Red LED light. I can't even enter recovery / bootloader. I was looking for solutions everywhere including in X-DA forum. Some said, It was Hardware problem, but how come? It was fine before I flashed a ROM. and now it's totally dead
I played around by pulling out a battery and pressing Volume buttons + power with USB cable attached to it and it finally respond to PC device manager by showing a MTK USB port I tried using SP tools again to flash another ROM with hopes it will fix but yeah, I know it won't work as MTK USB Port is not the right driver for SP tools.
What do i do now? Please someone help me.
EDIT : PROBLEM SOLVED
Finally, I got this device alive again and if you are also having this issue and still can't fix it, you can now by following below steps;
Its time to revive your dead phone.
First, download below files:
- Download this A850 stock ROM here ( MTK6582 )
- Use this SP flash tool, here
- VCOM Mediatek Drivers pack ( required )
*Items required : USB cable, PC/Laptop, & Your dead phone.
OK now lets start...
2. Unzip ROM file and start SP flash tools, Load scatter file > Go to option > check DA DL all with checksum.
3. Uncheck all list and Select 'PRELOADER' only and press Download.
4. Remove battery from your phone, after 5 secs while pressing Vol + / Vol - or both, connect USB to you device. If you get no response from PC ( not recognize ), you have to unscrew and open your phone cover to manually jumper the 'Preloader Test point'. Please follow this guide here. However it's quiet advance step and please do it carefully at your own risk.
5. Otherwise, after plug in USB, your PC will start installing Driver ( If it failed to install driver automatically, then you have to install it manually from VCOM Mediatek driver pack download earlier ).
6. If everything is right, SP flash tools will automatically detect your device via MTK USB port ( RED BAR PROGRESS ) and It will change it to Mediatek DA VCOM and PURPLE BAR PROGRESS show up and viola! GREEN CIRCLE popup!
7. Now remove USB from your phone, Don't do anything yet, back to SP flash tools, and now Select all flash list except PRELOADER and press Download. and insert USB cable again and flash tools will start the process, wait until it finish flashing all img's ( Boot, Uboot, System, Data, MBR etc ).
If flashing processes done successfully, it will popup GREEN CIRCLE again, now you can take a deep breath
- Unplug USB > Put Battery ON > Press power button > You tell me what you feel
*Side Note : If you're having any issue like a boot loop, just boot into Recovery Mode and format data/cache and REBOOT.
CWM Recovery img here
*Automade using MTKDroidtools