FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][WIP] K900 cm10.1 device tree

227 posts
Thanks Meter: 573

Post Reply Email Thread
K900 Device Tree project
Quote:

hi folks, a couple of months ago i decided it was time to create a working device tree at least to build cwm, since lenovo is very bad at opensource with us, it is nearly impossible to build a working cyanogen. Fortunately cwm doesn't need too much to be build so i grabbed the motorola razr i device tree from @hazou and wrote a new device tree for us. But unfortunately we still need a developer firmware from lenovo to flash recovery.img's. However, cwm builds well and i want to share my work to any interested developer who are willing to help.

Quote:

in this github you will find all needed repos and info --> https://github.com/lenovo-k900

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QuBeX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift QuBeX Ad-Free

2nd September 2014, 10:23 AM |#2  
Flag Gaziantep
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Its true, thanks for your effort QuBeX. I hope it works. I will follow.
5th September 2014, 02:36 AM |#3  
Flag ottawa
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Great job! I am also interested in hacking my K900 to enable kvm kernel module to run VMs on it.
The issue was always their stupid secure boot process which prevent use to put our kernel or even a kernel module into the system.
You refer to a developer firmware. Did you get chance to have access to one of those?
Does that turns off secure boot or you somhow got the signing key?
Please pm me if you know more details on that.
Thanks a lot.
5th September 2014, 12:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag León
Thanks Meter: 573

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinabull

Great job! I am also interested in hacking my K900 to enable kvm kernel module to run VMs on it.
The issue was always their stupid secure boot process which prevent use to put our kernel or even a kernel module into the system.
You refer to a developer firmware. Did you get chance to have access to one of those?
Does that turns off secure boot or you somhow got the signing key?
Please pm me if you know more details on that.
Thanks a lot.

Lenovo hasn't provided a dev firmware yet. And I don't think they will... Anyway we now have working recovery, and we are finding out how to bypass signature check, but it is really difficult.
Talking about the kernel, have you ever tried kexec? I don't know very much of it but you can find a lot of info and stuff in google
The Following User Says Thank You to QuBeX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift QuBeX Ad-Free
7th September 2014, 10:33 PM |#5  
Flag ottawa

More
Thanks, man. That is a briliant idea!

I have built the kexec executible and have loaded my custom kernel into the memory.
Of course when it ran the new kernel, I got a black screen for now. But it's a good start. I'll debug it and keep you guys updated with the progress.
24th September 2014, 05:07 AM |#6  
Flag ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinabull

Thanks, man. That is a briliant idea!

I have built the kexec executible and have loaded my custom kernel into the memory.

Of course when it ran the new kernel, I got a black screen for now. But it's a good start. I'll debug it and keep you guys updated with the progress.

Just a quick update on progress.

Tried all kinds of tricks including modifying kernel code on the fly.

Still no luck on kexec yet.

But I found a loophole in the JB4.3 kernel which I used to have the kernel module signature check disabled.

Now I can load any kerenl module I built.

If anybody has interest on that tool, please PM me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chinabull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chinabull Ad-Free
8th April 2015, 07:16 PM |#7  
Flag Belarus
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Now we have AOSP 4.3 branch in our device tree: https://github.com/lenovo-k900/andro.../tree/aosp-4.3
Author: MaXxXanter
21st April 2015, 08:49 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can't wait for this. I wish i could do some support too...

Sent from my Lenovo K900_ROW using XDA Free mobile app
21st March 2016, 03:06 PM |#9  
Flag Bandar Lampung
Thanks Meter: 130

More
can i use this device tree for build cm12.1 rom?
2nd May 2016, 10:22 PM |#10  
Flag Bandar Lampung
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx-man-by

Now we have AOSP 4.3 branch in our device tree: https://github.com/lenovo-k900/andro.../tree/aosp-4.3
Author: MaXxXanter

is possible to build cm11 with that source sir?
6th June 2016, 06:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
xxx-man and qubex and any other who is putting time to get some nice roms for our K900 is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)