Lenovo K900 key specifications
1) 5.5-inch 1080p IPS capacitive touch display
2) Intel Atom Z2580 2GHz dual-core processor (Clover Trail+)
3) 2GB RAM
4) 16GB internal storage
5) 13-megapixel camera with Sony's Exmor BSI sensor
6) 2-megapixel front camera
7) Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Video (Lenovo executive telling about market availability) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...xXwqVNo#t=147s
will be sold in China, India, Russia, Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia in first phase.
More images Benchmarks and detailed preview (use google translate) : http://hi-tech.mail.ru/review/misc/L...K900-prev.html
For Root and Google apps(if missing) :
Credit to cyman for finding this out
Everything I write here is originally from lenovoforum.net (http://www.lenovohome.net/thread-161530-1-1.html) so every credit goes to them and also Google Translate, who helped me to understand that Chinese stuff
1) So, first you have to download their package. Because it's a very slow connection, I'll offer it via my Dropbox. Please, can someone upload it on another hoster? This would be great, thanks. Anyway, the download link is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilxyuc9gim...%20%281%29.rar PW for unpacking: www.lenovohome.net
2) You have to install the things which you can find in one of the folders in this order: First IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.2.0 (you may try to install it with compatibility mode Windwos XP, worked for me), then iSocUSB-Driver-setup-1.0. 2.exe (during this process it will tell you, that you have to plug in your phone and turn it off with holding the power button for longer than 10 seconds and then turn it on again). If you suceed you will see that it installs a new driver "Colvertrail". At last, you may install ManufacturingFlashTool_Setup_6.0.2.exe.
3) Now let's prepare the ManufacturingFlashTool for flashing our K900.
I don't know how to put screenshots in here. So I just tell you: Go to settings and put in this values: SOC devices: VID: 8086, PID: 09EE / Android Devices: VID: 8087, PID: 09ef
Check "Override". You'll find a screenshot of the settings in one of the Chinese Word files in the download folder
4) Now you can open a file in ManufacturingFlashTool and you'll open the xml-File, which is in the Firmware-Folder (calles "flash-DVT3-CPU-sign")
5) Now the program is ready to flash and says: "waiting for device". So this is what you have to do: Power off your K900 with holding the power button for 11 seconds. It may be black now but it is running! Plug the phone in and now it should detect it and automatically begin to flash. Wait until it's100%. Sometimes it reboots and it says "waiting for device" but it will finish.
6) When you have completed 100%, you may detach the phone and power it on. It may take a few minutes for the first time but now you'll have Google Apps
7) How to get ROOT: Go to superuser and hit the settings button in the right upper corner. Set "security" "Automatic response" to "allow". No you cann go back in the superuser app and hit "update", it should do a root now. For a better x86-compatible Root Explorer, you can install the apk in the attachement
Please excuse my English. Maybe somebody can write a better Guide with pictures? But I know you wanted it fast By the way: If you can't execute the exe-Files, try to pack them into a new folder because Windwos seems to have problems with the folders with Chinese signs.
I'm here for help you, and yes I bought K900
Here is the international .inb file to flash.
Part One: How flash international version:
1. create SDFUSE folder in the / of sdcard.
2. insert inb file there
3. go to fastboot mode (Vol+ + Power) and choose sdfuseupdate
you'll get official international 47 rom (ROW region). It has google apps, it has play store.
INB file is here:
I made HEX research and separated files from INB files. You'll not find those files in the internet, I didn't find it. So, I decided to research .inb
For debug, you can find them here:
I made root in the international 47 ROM.
1. download this system.img.gz:
2. go to fastboot mode (make sure you flashed 47 INB file already).
3. install manufacturing tool, all tools can be found here. https://mega.co.nz/#F!0UlDnLLR!IuQdqFqT-oIXtvRlQNtLBw Find fastboot in the program files folder, you'll need this fastboot.exe tool for intel phone.
4. use cmd,
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system system.img.gz
by using those commands you re-flash system.img.gz that I made, it includes root (su library) and superuser. Superuser doesn't respond when need to allow or reject root, so you need to go and manually allow root rights in superuser for any application.
system img rooted: https://mega.co.nz/#F!MZ0SXRIT!R1ZAawbEjKcRm3ZXFJ0siA
Root was made by me, you'll not find this info in other sites. I write this info on xda first time.
do not brick your phones, I'm not responsible if something you do wrong, but I tested and it works fine at my K900.
But I found one more interesting thing. First time I flashed .inb file after chinese rom, but now I found full pack of fastboot files and flashed it (same 47 rom).
Wonder, but I have less heat releasing from the phone on the load of CPU.
I don't know why.
I recommend to flash full fastboot pack first, then boot and then step 4 - root.
p.s. files are uploaded