FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lenovo P2 kuntao main camera fix in HAL3 mode (Gcam HDR+ fix)

277 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,007

Post Reply Email Thread
So, its known Lenovo P2 (kuntao) has camera bug when using HAL3 mode with RAW capture, it look like pink lines instead of preview and captured pictures. I fixed this ****, now all HAL3 apps working fine. Google camera mods working including HDR+ mode.

changelog:
v1
*Initial release - fixed raw photo
v2
* Fixed issue with video recording in Lineage Snap camera, less changed bytes
* Please test and write review if this version all fine to you, if its fine, will be included in next Lineage releases.
v3
* Only 2 bytes changed compared to stock lib, so have to be least negative impact on previous working apps as possible. Please report if it breaks something.

choose one of the attachments depending on what rom you using. If you have treble enabled rom please use kuntao_fix_main_cam_v2_8.1treble.zip (149.0 KB) and if you using 7.1.2 based or 8.1 with no treble use kuntao_fix_main_cam_v2_7.1.zip (149.2 KB)

Install it using recovery and test camera apps. I have tested Google camera mod MGC_5.1.018.177624777-41364271.apk (BSG, 2018-07-12) from https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/ . It has working HDR+ mode when choosing Nexus 6P model.

If it fixed camera for you, I will appreciate small donation https://www.paypal.me/VitaliyTomin
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to highwaystar_ru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highwaystar_ru Ad-Free

21st July 2018, 06:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,007

Donate to Me
More
And second small fix is for those who want to use front cam in Gcam. Set black level 16 for front camera, or you will get green/yellow tint.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to highwaystar_ru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highwaystar_ru Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 06:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
What about the dark video in both front and back from default camera
21st July 2018, 07:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sure i will donate 100rs
Don't you have paytm?
21st July 2018, 08:09 AM |#5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 18

More
It works! I am on Arnova 7.9 official, the one with a red link on celsoazevedo link.
21st July 2018, 08:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Anybody upload some sample photos and specify the (config) details if applicable.
21st July 2018, 08:18 AM |#7  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can I just flash this as a new user ? Do I have to flash anything else
21st July 2018, 08:39 AM |#8  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 192

More
@highwaystar_ru add portrait fix in topic too
21st July 2018, 09:12 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Amazing job!

With official LineageOs 15.1 the pictures are a little pink-ish to me.
21st July 2018, 09:14 AM |#10  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Damn it worked.
using latest beta version GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2-v4Beta4.apk by Arnova8G2 and portrait mode is damn fine.
Everything is working except slow motion video.
Thanks @highwaystar_ru and @celoxocis
I was hoping that mike would do it didn't expected from you guys and after reading @celoxocis comment few days ago about some imx258 blob problem i thought this day will never come.
Official lineage oreo and now gcam. You guys rocks.
21st July 2018, 09:20 AM |#11  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 2,173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabab malik

Damn it worked.
using latest beta version GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2-v4Beta4.apk by Arnova8G2 and portrait mode is damn fine.
Everything is working except slow motion video.
Thanks @highwaystar_ru and @celoxocis
I was hoping that mike would do it didn't expected from you guys and after reading @celoxocis comment few days ago about some imx258 blob problem i thought this day will never come.
Official lineage oreo and now gcam. You guys rocks.

@highwaystar_ru did all the hard work!
i was simply supporting him in trying to find possible proper alternative blobs and checking their content using hex values. while he spend days with IDA to make the original blobs work!
ne never gave up! the results speak for themselves!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to celoxocis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celoxocis Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kuntao

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)