Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

No Custom Kernels!!

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By kanwaljeetsm, Senior Member on 20th July 2017, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
FIRST OF ALL I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE,"GET ME A KERNEL WITH SO AND SO FEATURES IN A WEEK"
NO ONE HERE AT XDA IS ANYONE'S SERVANT!!!
Its just a question and those having reasons can discuss(dont ARGUE,i am better at it)

There's some ROM development for Lenovo P2,but there is not even a single custom kernel development for this device. I would love to see some kernels with features like OC, voltage controls and many more... Would like to know why there's not even a single kernel for P2 on xda.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanwaljeetsm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kanwaljeetsm Ad-Free

20th July 2017, 06:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Because You are not building one!?
20th July 2017, 07:03 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiristiba

Because You are not building one!?

I am not a developer(thanks for counting me as one) If i knew developing then i would have tried to make kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to kanwaljeetsm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kanwaljeetsm Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 07:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Actually developers don't get born as developers.
They are normal people like you and me.
Everyone of us can become a developer.
If you don't want to invest your time,
Please don't ask why others aren't investing theirs.

I am trying to learn how to build a kernel/ROM myself.
I already completed a build of aicp for my Nexus 6
But up to now it doesn't even gets to the boot animation :'(
It is surely not a super easy thing to do but if you never start you will never reach a goal.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kiristiba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kiristiba Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 07:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiristiba

Actually developers don't get born as developers.
They are normal people like you and me.
Everyone of us can become a developer.
If you don't want to invest your time,
Please don't ask why others aren't investing theirs.

I am trying to learn how to build a kernel/ROM myself.
I already completed a build of aicp for my Nexus 6
But up to now it doesn't even gets to the boot animation :'(
It is surely not a super easy thing to do but if you never start you will never reach a goal.

I am not at all DEMANDING any developer to make kernels or something,also am not a newbie and have been testing kernels for years on my previous device... The only question is that why there's no kernel development for this device even after about 8 months of launch. I hope you understand my question and dont argue further on this thread.

And this is not just a question,it is my effort to draw attention of developers towards kernel development. You might not be able to make one as of now,but there might be others capable of doing so...
20th July 2017, 09:45 AM |#6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1,462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwaljeetsm

I am not at all DEMANDING any developer to make kernels or something,also am not a newbie and have been testing kernels for years on my previous device... The only question is that why there's no kernel development for this device even after about 8 months of launch. I hope you understand my question and dont argue further on this thread.

And this is not just a question,it is my effort to draw attention of developers towards kernel development. You might not be able to make one as of now,but there might be others capable of doing so...

1st off. If you want a custom kernel and there is no one. Build it yourself!
2nd. Learn to read
3rd. OC? Go buy yourself an OP3, OP5 if you want to Overclock your CPU for your gaming needs.
4th. No body wants to undervolt an snapdragon 625 processor! For what reason?? to save battery?! On a 5100mah Lenovo P2 with a snapdragon 625? Seriously?!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to celoxocis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celoxocis Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 10:05 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celoxocis

1st off. If you want a custom kernel and there is no one. Build it yourself!
2nd. Learn to read
3rd. OC? Go buy yourself an OP3, OP5 if you want to Overclock your CPU for your gaming needs.
4th. No body wants to undervolt an snapdragon 625 processor! For what reason?? to save battery?! On a 5100mah Lenovo P2 with a snapdragon 625? Seriously?!

You kids just have a small scope of thinking. OC is not just meant for high end devices. It can be done to improve performance on any of the devices. I had A6000 earlier which was OC from 1.2ghz to 2ghz!! Shockked??
According to u a good device doesnt need custom features(your 4th point),then why does op3 have lots of kernels and ROMS,isnt the stock rom enough.
20th July 2017, 10:26 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
@The Flash plz clean the crap from this thread, people are thinking that i am ordering them for kernel development.
20th July 2017, 12:32 PM |#9  
Flag Belgrade

More
Quote:

You kids just have a small scope of thinking. OC is not just meant for high end devices. It can be done to improve performance on any of the devices. I had A6000 earlier which was OC from 1.2ghz to 2ghz!! Shockked??
According to u a good device doesnt need custom features(your 4th point),then why does op3 have lots of kernels and ROMS,isnt the stock rom enough.

We are the kids here?
Those who understand that OC shortens the device's lifespan due to additional heat to the die?
Those who understand that highly educated engineer's from Qualcomm have build and lab tested the snapdragon's to work on a specific voltage on a specific clock rate to ensure impeccable and stable processing?

I would make sure to who you call a kid, before you reply to him
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to celoxocis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celoxocis Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 12:46 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celoxocis

We are the kids here?
Those who understand that OC shortens the device's lifespan due to additional heat to the die?
Those who understand that highly educated engineer's from Qualcomm have build and lab tested the snapdragon's to work on a specific voltage on a specific clock rate to ensure impeccable and stable processing?

I would make sure to who you call a kid, before you reply to him

Here you speak like kids, there's nothing like a perfect frequency on which a processor can work, there is a specific RANGE of mhz under which a processor can work efficiently, the extremes of it would decide performance or battery,so i'm talking about OC within that range, overclocking a bit wont harm the processor.
20th July 2017, 01:22 PM |#11  
Flag Belgrade

More
Quote:

Here you speak like kids, there's nothing like a perfect frequency on which a processor can work, there is a specific RANGE of mhz under which a processor can work efficiently, the extremes of it would decide performance or battery,so i'm talking about OC within that range, overclocking a bit wont harm the processor.

Seriously you have no idea what you are talking about. You are a number chaser and only want to see hgher numbers in benchmarks like a child and be able to show your school kid friends what number you were able to archive.

Please sell your Lenovo P2 and leave this subforum.

Or I see myself forced to build you a custom Kernel (which I can. As I'm a dev) and build it in that way that it intentionally overclocks to a clock rate which will keep crashing due to the chipset protecting itself and turning itself off. All the way to the point where you will fry your chipset and cry like an infant to your parents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celoxocis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celoxocis Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)