Steps to enable Carrier aggregation on Lenovo P2
1. Bootloader must be unlocked.
2. Phone must be rooted.
3. Stock ROM recommended for this process(custom ROMs may also enter Diag mode by dialing ####8899# on Lenovo INSTEAD of Step 7 below & Xiaomi phones also has a code to enter Diag mode)
4. Minimal ADB & Drivers (i prefer PDANet+) should be installed on PC and phones USB debugging mode must be ON. (IF
you've installed Qualcomm drivers before & Your PC desktop isn't showing "Test Mode" in bottom right corner then give this command in cmd.exe (run as admin) ->>
bcdedit /set testsigning on)
Then Restart your PC.
for required tools for PC:
NOTE: While installing these tools it is recommended to only install through "run as adminstrator" on SETUP.EXE
file presented inside those folders, dont try to install via .msi or other file. For QXDM there is an information folder read it just after installing QXDM dont be in hurry to open programme just after installation.
1. Connect phone to PC via USB with phone in ON state.
2. Trigger USB Debugging OFF then ON again (Optional)
3. Open Minimal ADB.exe with administrator rights.
4. Type <adb devices> Your phone must be listed there.
5. Type <adb shell>
6. Type <su> You must grant SU permission in phone.
7. Type <setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb>.
You will hear beep/vibration. It means your phone entered in diagnostic mode. You can also dial *#*#717717#*#* to enter directly in diagnostic mode in Xiaomi phones. You can also search code to enter other Phone those allow to enter Diag Mode via code on Dialpads.
7A. Open QPST Configurations(as an admin.) check you phone is connected as Diagnostic mode in port tab and showing enabled.
8. Then open QXDM Professional tool(as admin.). Go through options>communications and check your phone port is selected in target port as shown in video below.
9. Click NV Browser in View section. Go to RF-LTE in category filter. (If you wanna enable additional LTE BANDS CLICK only "LTE" in category filter, SEE POST #7)
10. Below box search for RFNV LTE B(x=No.) CA BC CONFIG
(you will find it at the very bottom With ID 70xxxx)
EX. For IND Jio4G B5+B3+B40 CA, find "RFNV LTE B5 CA BC CONFIG" AND click Read on right bottom. This will read default values. Type 549755813908 in INPUT and click Write to overwrite the values. By this CA
will only be triggered in your Phone when you phone latch to B5 as base LTE network. (This is the stable state of CA i found on P2) YOU can also give a try by putting same or different configurations value on B3 & B40 as well(may be unstable *because mid-range phones don't support CA for all bands at antenna/hardware level)
For IND Airtel You can put 549755813892 in RFNV LTE B3 CA BC CONFIG & RFNV LTE B40 CA BC CONFIG for B3+B40.
For EU Region: For B20 B3 B7 You can write 524356 in RFNV LTE B20 CA BC CONFIG (You can also wirte same Value in RFNV LTE B3 CA BC CONFIG & RFNV LTE B7 CA BC CONFIG, it may give you network fluctuations)
Similarly you can configure CA for B3, B20, or any other Band via doing similar thing explained above in RFNV LTE B3 CA BC CONFIG , RFNV LTE B20 CA BC CONFIG or RFNV LTE B40 CA BC CONFIG and type the value to enable CA on all Bands deployed by your Telecom Operator.
10.A. Wait for half a minute, disconnect USB cable and REBOOT your phone.
Wait for a minute...You will see 4G+, if 4G+ not showing It will be shown under the SIM Management settings as LTE_CA when CA is active.
icon might get disappeared in some stock ROMs when 4G+ icon appears to organize space better in statusbar. VoLTE will still works as before, you can check status under SIM stauts in ABOUT Phone.
To find the value for enabling CA between certain Bands, download LTE Band Calculator by RM Studio from Play Store. SIMPLY, select Bands of your choice and it will tell you the Decimal value to overwrite. For example, for Band 3+5 combination, it is 20.
LINK for app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lculator&hl=en
12. IF you loose LTE signals after reboot. Put you phone to airplane mode ON DO
again from step 1 & get back to THE DEFAULT VALUE put by Lenovo in P2 in "RFNV LTE B3 CA BC CONFIG" & "RFNV LTE B7 CA BC CONFIG" is 68
. rest write other edited RFNV LTE Bx CA BC CONFIG to 0.
Link for Visual help in working with QXDM on Youtube thanks to @nitinmits
IF you did the step 12
, i can assume you got affraid very quickly
Nooo.....I mean calculate the value for different configuration try & test till you find CA to stable state where no signal fluctuations happens randomly.
This is the only tricky part.
Happy to Help