Following this guide, you will lose all your data if haven't backed it up yet!!
Also NO USING GSI PIE!!!
- Twrp is already installed.
What you need:
- LineageosTWRP (Attached to thread)
- Custom Rom (can be found here)
- Open Gapps (Pico or Nano)
Only if Root is wanted: Chose either of them
Magisk(Recommended) or SuperSU
- A brain and a body
- The Knowledge that you will wipe your phone by doing this. Be Warned.
1. Backup all the files that you have either by copying them to a usb drive ,a micro SD or your computer.
2. Check that all files are copied successfully and can be opened or viewed.
( Some apps have a cloud synchonisation feature, use it if you have it as an option since it is really helpful!)
3. Now, get your preferred rom, gapps and if wanted, your root method ready, also unzip the twrp file aswell.
Copy them to your micro SD.
4. Boot into twrp via adb or by using some app(root needed).
In Twrp, go into wipe option, then select change file system. Change file System to ext4.
4.1 Now use Twrp Reboot-Menu Option to reboot into recovery(twrp) again.
4.2 Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache partitions using the Wipe option
5. Go into Install Option and Press on "Install IMG" , select pietwrp image and flash it. (The name should be lineagerecovery.img or something if downloaded via telegram)
(If you don't have it yet and are in the Lenovo P2 Telegram group, type #pietwrp in chat and make sure to safe it to your download folder. Otherwise it's also attached to this thread.)
6. Reboot back to recovery like you did in step 4.1.
7. Now install your rom and gapps.
8. Wipe cache and then reboot .
9. Setup your phone and Enjoy.
( For Root, reboot to recovery. Flash your Root Method, wipe cache and reboot)
Enjoy and thank your Devs
Q: Instructions unclear, phone stuck in bootloop
A: Either do this:
Download this folder and use one of the two ".bat" files. Boot into Bootloader via Volume Down and Power Button. --
It will flash S048 Firmware of our Lenovo P2, after the flash-process is finished it will boot up on its own. Recommended: Do all the ota updates via ota app.
Or: Boot into bootloader, via adb cmd prompt use: fastboot boot lineagerecovery.img , then use reboot menu to reboot into twrp. Clean Wipe phone(Wipe system,data, cache and dalvik-cache Partitions) and try flashing your Rom etc. again.
Q: Instructions unclear, hardbricked my phone!!
A: Thaat shouldn't have happened. Did you screw up somewhere?...
Luckily you backed up your most important files!