What is Rooting ?Android rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem.
How to root.
• This will void your warranty.
• Do with your own risk.
credits to All Developers
1.Download Framaroot credits to XDA (http://www.mediafire.com/download/5q...root-1.8.1.apk)
2. Install it on your phone.
3. Open it and choose Install SuperSu then press Boromir.
4. A message will be dispalyed stating Success
5. Reboot and Enjoy a rooted phone.
What is CWM (Clockworkmod)
Why do we need to install CWM ?
• This is where we can backup our files
• This is where we can install ROMs for our phones
• Do with your own risk.
• Need a Rooted Phone.
1. Download http://www.mediafire.com/download/37...WM_18.104.22.168.rar
2. copy it to your sd card
3. Extract and copy the recovery_P780_CWM_22.214.171.124.img to sd card
4. Install Mobile uncle tools 5. select update recovery6. select recovery_P780_CWM_126.96.36.199.img and update 7. you are done
8. You now have English CWM Recovery v188.8.131.52.
9. You can enter the recovery by turning off your phone, hold Vol.up+vol.down+power button, release after the phone power up.
Step by step guide to Flash stock rom:
1.If your phone is not already soft bricked, back up whatever you want. External SD card is fine. If your phone is soft-brick then say goodbye to your data and skip this step.
2. Uncompress all the files you downloaded from this thread into a directory where you can remember. Including the ROMs.
3.Shutdown your phone if its not in a bootloop. If it is skip this step.
4.Open "Device Manager" on your Windows PC.
5.Plug in your phone through the micro USB cable. A device will show up for a few seconds in "Device Manager". After that, it will disappear again!
6.Recognize the device tree where it appeared, and wait for it as you unplug and plug in your phone again (if bootloop, its automatic!)
7.Catch it with a right click as it appears! Then choose "Update Drivers" and pick the directory where you uncompressed the drivers you downloaded above. Its ok if after catching it the device disconnects. You only need to install the drivers now.
8.Assuming the drivers are correctly installed, run the Smart Phone Flash Tool.
9.Click on scatter-loading and choose the scatter file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" of the ROM you want to flash.
10.Make sure the checkbox "DL DA All With Check Sum" is CHECKED
11.Click on "Firmware->Upgrade" button.
12.Plug in your powered down phone via the USB cable again. See it flash.
13.When a big green circle appears on the screen, your are done!
By the way if anyone having trouble installing the driver, here is a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlYGfJM2BJ0
STOCK ROM ROW123 4GB
STOCK ROM 4GB ROW123 OTA update
STOCK ROM ROW119 8GB
STOCK ROM 8GB ROW123 OTA update
LIST OF ROM
Samsung 4.2.2 rom ported for Lenovo P780
P780 Xperia Fusion Rom