[P780][4GB][Mod][Root]Repartition Storage

Search This thread

bo3ek

Oct 10, 2013
Big Thank You stympy it was bang on what i needed...

All is back to normal so I can enjoy my new P780 :)

arzakem

Feb 16, 2008
Im into worse... i think its the same method as that "Meteos" app i have installed. Now it seems my EMMC is corrupted and i cannot boot anymore. Im having a bootloop. Bad part is i lost the backup and i dont have a stock rom for my locally branded mtk6589 phone. can somebody please point me to how to fix my internal storage? I did a porting of a full MIUI rom and it worked but the external SDcard cannot be detected this time. All i have is a previously working s4 clone rom and the miui. Anyone can teach me how to fix my emmc problem? Thanks a lot.

bo3ek

Oct 10, 2013
Im into worse... i think its the same method as that "Meteos" app i have installed. Now it seems my EMMC is corrupted and i cannot boot anymore. Im having a bootloop. Bad part is i lost the backup and i dont have a stock rom for my locally branded mtk6589 phone. can somebody please point me to how to fix my internal storage? I did a porting of a full MIUI rom and it worked but the external SDcard cannot be detected this time. All i have is a previously working s4 clone rom and the miui. Anyone can teach me how to fix my emmc problem? Thanks a lot.

You need to do the same think what i did. You need right oryginal rom for your device and flash it with Flash Tool. It is very important to have right rom for your P780.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I have a question for stympy.

I have another P780 which I was trying to change rom from the one which came with the phone to the Life 07. Becouse Life 07 didnt want to flash, i decided to flash it with stock china rom before i will flash it with Life07. After this action my p780 is hard bricked - no power at all and no chance to flash another rom using flash tool.

Do you know any solution for this situation? On my previous P780 i used this china stock rom and everything was ok. :(

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
You need to do the same think what i did. You need right oryginal rom for your device and flash it with Flash Tool. It is very important to have right rom for your P780.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I have a question for stympy.

I have another P780 which I was trying to change rom from the one which came with the phone to the Life 07. Becouse Life 07 didnt want to flash, i decided to flash it with stock china rom before i will flash it with Life07. After this action my p780 is hard bricked - no power at all and no chance to flash another rom using flash tool.

Do you know any solution for this situation? On my previous P780 i used this china stock rom and everything was ok. :(

Thanks a lot

I think you did one critical mistake. Your phone is not hard brick. Trust me.
This phone is made in 03.2014 or 05 or 06 or something. Any way is made in 2014. This kind of phones are using another preloader.
So... here is how to revive your phone:
1. get the preloader from here: http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/help/lenovo-p780-chineese-speed-version-t2874161
2. download any ROM:
Life v.07 ROW rooted with TWRP android 4.2.2: http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/development/life-rom-lenovo-p780-t2666626
Life v0.9 ROW rooted with TWRP android 4.4.2: http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/development/life-xvibe-v0-9-rom-t2847904
Stock ROW ROM no root no TWRP: http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/development/p780-row-s223-140817-flash-flashtool-t2878935
3. after you downloaded your ROM unzip.
4. 2 directories should appear Spflash Tool and target_bin
5. in the target_bin directory you will find preloader_prada_row.bin
6. delete preloader_prada_row.bin and copy in the target_bin directory your downloaded preloader.

Now follow this steps:

1. now... turn off your phone(skip this step because yours is allready powered off)
2. plug your USB cable in your computer
3. do not plug your USB cable in your phone
3. open Flash Tool
4. check DA,DL WITH CHECKSUM (NOT OPTIONAL)
5. press Firmware Upgrade button (NOT DOWNLOAD BUTTON)
6. now just now plug usb cable to your phone.
7. firmware flash should start.(some red and other color lines should appear)
8. iff the firmware is not starting remove the back case of your phone and hold pressed the little red button from the right side, for about 20 seconds then release. All this must be done with cable pluged in to your phone.
9. after flash is done a green circle should appear
10. disconect your phone and power on your phone
11. lenovo logo should appear. then you should be pacient because it will took some time before android boots for the first time.
12. Reboot at least once then your phone is ready to work HARD.
13. Good luck. Hope This Helps You.
14. Do not be afraid. This phones are hard to HARD BRICK. Most of them are SOFT BRICK.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Try this:
1. Download stock ROM 4.2.2 or 4.4.2. Depends what you have before. The ROM must be flashable with SPFLASH TOOL. NOT OPTIONAL.
2. Start Spflash Tool and load scatter file.
3. Uncheck all options.
4. Check DA/DL with checksum
5. Check files: Preloader, MBR, EBR1, EBR2, FAT.
6. Press Download.
7. Iff this dont work, you must reflash full rom.
8. good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: siv4oo

gonzo99

Jun 1, 2008
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm having huge problems trying to get any of the mods mentioned here or elsewhere to repartition my P780, so posting in the hope that someone can see where I'm going wrong.

I have one of the newer Chinese speed phones so the new preloader. It came with a ROW rom, but I managed after a lot of struggling to flash a chinese VIBE2.0UI based ROM and then the Pyro_LS AOSP 4.4.2 ROM from NeedROM(which runs very nicely).

I've read all the info on partitioning and tried every single MOD I can find, none of which work. I'm not worried about bricking it because I've become a master at retrieving my phone :eek:

Unlike most of the newer ROW Roms, I seem to use an EBR1 and EBR2 file, so I've tried mods that use that, including the P780_LiFe_v02_ReParted_Data_aroma mentioned by stympy. I've also got as far as manually editing the files directly with what I am fairly sure are the correct Hex values.

However, whatever I do the Data partition stays at 1.5GB. All I seem to be able to do is have the internal phone storage correctly or incorrectly being shown.

I've tried:

1. Flashing just the EBR1 and EBR2 files from SPTools
2. Flashing the files via a recovery script
3. Replacing the files in various aroma installers
4. Flashing a ROM from SPTools including the new EBR1 and EBR2 files

After each I make sure I go straight into TWRP and wipe and format cache, data and then emmc but whatever I do, when I then reflash a ROM, the data partition stays at 1.5GB :eek: The local storage either doesn't show properly shows as 1GB or 1.5GB. I reflash a ROM directly rather than restore a TWRP backup as one of the guides says - (the data backup in the various aroma installers never seems to work)

I don't need any internal phone storage because I have a 32GB SDCard with a second ext partition and link2SD set up which works very nicely. So what I'd like to do is increase data to 2.5ish and hide any remaining phone storage.

I've attached the original EBR files and the new ones that I've attempted to edit. If anyone who understands things better than me can take a look I'd be grateful - if not, if anyone can offer any ideas as to why none of them are working that would be great. I'm guessing it's related to the new partitioning on the ROM I'm using and/or something related to the new preloader file.

Attachments

• New_EBR.zip
    351 bytes · Views: 79
  • Orig_EBR.zip
    351 bytes · Views: 50

pyrohalo90

Aug 3, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Currently using SLX ROM on 4gb china based variant. I have one problem while using this mod. It combines internal storage and phone storage into one(Internal Storage), 2.5gb in my case and uses SD Card as Phone storage (16gb). So the problem is when installing something that requires SD Card, It cannot install because the system thought there is no present of SD Card. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

mdulak

Oct 30, 2014
Problem with MIUI 4.6.2

Hi guys,

I really need your help and will be very excited if you find some time to help me. I have installed MIUI-4.6.2 and now trying to repartition my storage. When following the tutorial provided I get stuck: Aroma says "Back up started" and then it kicks me back to boot menu and nothing changes.

Is there any log I can look into? Are there any ways you can help me?

Thank you very much,
Martin

spadesoface

May 11, 2012
yogyakarta
I'm having huge problems trying to get any of the mods mentioned here or elsewhere to repartition my P780, so posting in the hope that someone can see where I'm going wrong.

I have one of the newer Chinese speed phones so the new preloader. It came with a ROW rom, but I managed after a lot of struggling to flash a chinese VIBE2.0UI based ROM and then the Pyro_LS AOSP 4.4.2 ROM from NeedROM(which runs very nicely).

I've read all the info on partitioning and tried every single MOD I can find, none of which work. I'm not worried about bricking it because I've become a master at retrieving my phone :eek:

Unlike most of the newer ROW Roms, I seem to use an EBR1 and EBR2 file, so I've tried mods that use that, including the P780_LiFe_v02_ReParted_Data_aroma mentioned by stympy. I've also got as far as manually editing the files directly with what I am fairly sure are the correct Hex values.

However, whatever I do the Data partition stays at 1.5GB. All I seem to be able to do is have the internal phone storage correctly or incorrectly being shown.

I've tried:

1. Flashing just the EBR1 and EBR2 files from SPTools
2. Flashing the files via a recovery script
3. Replacing the files in various aroma installers
4. Flashing a ROM from SPTools including the new EBR1 and EBR2 files

After each I make sure I go straight into TWRP and wipe and format cache, data and then emmc but whatever I do, when I then reflash a ROM, the data partition stays at 1.5GB :eek: The local storage either doesn't show properly shows as 1GB or 1.5GB. I reflash a ROM directly rather than restore a TWRP backup as one of the guides says - (the data backup in the various aroma installers never seems to work)

I don't need any internal phone storage because I have a 32GB SDCard with a second ext partition and link2SD set up which works very nicely. So what I'd like to do is increase data to 2.5ish and hide any remaining phone storage.

I've attached the original EBR files and the new ones that I've attempted to edit. If anyone who understands things better than me can take a look I'd be grateful - if not, if anyone can offer any ideas as to why none of them are working that would be great. I'm guessing it's related to the new partitioning on the ROM I'm using and/or something related to the new preloader file.

are you already find out what to do with china based rom internal storage sir? :confused:
im using "Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 for Lenovo P780 by Warezz37" rom
it is cn based and i dont know what to do with the internal memory
i've tried many things but nothings work :eek:
if you already find out how to re-partition it please let me know :crying:
thanks in advance :laugh:

zafjr

Dec 6, 2010
I am on p780_ROW_S124_140403 android version 4.2.1

I tried everything stepby step. When reparted finishes, it goes back to the recovery menu. So i choose reboot system now, and when the phone reboots, everything is still the same internal memory didnt change. Am i missing a step?

almir1984

Feb 23, 2011
Podgorica
I try this,but now I dont have Built-in Storage
I got mesage
Damaged Built-in Storage
How to fix that

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk

almir1984

Feb 23, 2011
Podgorica
I formated that Built-in and now I have it.
How to reflash rom,can you explain me that

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk

lenovop780

Oct 20, 2014
sd card

Hi Guys,

I've been searching P780 Forum and I'll share you on how to repartition your P780 - 4GB. Check out below. Please be informed that I'm not the original maker of the mod or the guide, I'm just posting them here.

Source from : Kaskus Indonesia - Lenovo P780 Thread

Illustrations

Illustration 1 :
wu4d2vua44akk427g.jpg

Illustration 2 :
w5w84e4ssxz3s217g.jpg

Steps & How To

Backup any apps, data and also whatever files you have in your internal storage (holiday pictures, wedding video, music, etc.). After this mod you'll need to do factory reset and all will be gone. You can unmount your SD Card if you need to.

1) Extract "tools-for-reparted.zip". You'll find these files below
nrjzx2ofbhk7oyx7g.jpg

2) Root your device using Framaroot. Open the app, choose Boromir. If success you'll see a notification asking for reboot. If Framaroot force closes, just re-open and re-do the steps. Don't forget to reboot.

3) Copy recovery_P780_CWM_6.0.1.5.img into the root of your internal storage path.

4) Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools and open it. When asked about Root Access just choose grant

5) Backup your IMEI first :
68q2qaencbtxyr87g.jpg

6) Install CWM Recovery using MobileUncle Tools, then when asked to reboot into recovery just do it.
tfztlcfdyvatfb37g.jpg

7) In recovery mode, choose install, find Lenovo-P780-ReParted-0.2.2-ID-EN-Aroma.zip and follow the instruction.

Credits

* Xakep from lenovo-forums.ru for the original updater-script and modified EBR files
* rainextra from Kaskus Indonesia for the above illustrations and modifiyng Xakep's script to work using Aroma Installer
* amarullz from xda-dev, creator of Aroma installer

Downloads

Download these two files :
1) tools-for-reparted.zip - 7.67 MB

2) Lenovo-P780-ReParted-0.2.2-ID-EN-Aroma.zip - 1.01 MB

It's very interesting in re partinioning phone but I personally believe this wouldn't have been necessary if we could have been able to download all aps and install them directly onto the SD card

for now, we need to download from playstore, it goes onto the phone directly. you have to install it from there, and thereafter use an application to transfer all download aps into the SD Card.

Therefore, anybody got a clue how to go directly onto the SD Card. Even using the option in the storage section of downloading directly to the external storage doesn't work.

luketanti

Jun 5, 2012
Balzan
Hi. I have a P780 4GB currently running Alice Rom 8.4. I have tried the instructions listed here but they did not work. Is there a way of re-sizing the partition because I can barely install or update any apps. Facebook takes about 300MB alone. I only use the SD card for storage so the remaining 1GB internal SD is not being used at all. It would be great if I can add that 1GB to the data partition.

Hope someone can help me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I've been searching P780 Forum and I'll share you on how to repartition your P780 - 4GB. Check out below. Please be informed that I'm not the original maker of the mod or the guide, I'm just posting them here.

Source from : Kaskus Indonesia - Lenovo P780 Thread

Illustrations

Illustration 1 :
    wu4d2vua44akk427g.jpg

Illustration 2 :
    w5w84e4ssxz3s217g.jpg

Steps & How To

Backup any apps, data and also whatever files you have in your internal storage (holiday pictures, wedding video, music, etc.). After this mod you'll need to do factory reset and all will be gone. You can unmount your SD Card if you need to.

1) Extract "tools-for-reparted.zip". You'll find these files below
    nrjzx2ofbhk7oyx7g.jpg

2) Root your device using Framaroot. Open the app, choose Boromir. If success you'll see a notification asking for reboot. If Framaroot force closes, just re-open and re-do the steps. Don't forget to reboot.

3) Copy recovery_P780_CWM_6.0.1.5.img into the root of your internal storage path.

4) Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools and open it. When asked about Root Access just choose grant

5) Backup your IMEI first :
    68q2qaencbtxyr87g.jpg

6) Install CWM Recovery using MobileUncle Tools, then when asked to reboot into recovery just do it.
    tfztlcfdyvatfb37g.jpg

7) In recovery mode, choose install, find Lenovo-P780-ReParted-0.2.2-ID-EN-Aroma.zip and follow the instruction.

Credits

* Xakep from lenovo-forums.ru for the original updater-script and modified EBR files
    * rainextra from Kaskus Indonesia for the above illustrations and modifiyng Xakep's script to work using Aroma Installer
    * amarullz from xda-dev, creator of Aroma installer

Downloads

Download these two files :
    1) tools-for-reparted.zip - 7.67 MB

2) Lenovo-P780-ReParted-0.2.2-ID-EN-Aroma.zip - 1.01 MB
    @dentist7 This mod needs CWM/TWRP. It will work for stock ROM and MIUI. Didn't test this using AOSP.
    @Dark_Horse

Thanks for your feedback :)

Sent from my R819 using Tapatalk
    Rom which I have on my p780 is LiFe v.07 with TWRP and I had gravitymod2 on it. I used Aurora ReParted to change the internal memory which changed fine - there was on the end 2GB space for instalation files(avalible 1.86) and no Phone Storage :(

Right now i can turn on the phone and load the system but it is not working proply. In TWRP when i try to mount usb storage it says that e: cant be mounted becouse is not found.

Could you point me what to do with this Ebr files from Life??
    I had my mobile just 2 days working after I bought it and i was just going to change it from my old one and partitionin was the last thing to to :/
    Big thanks.

Ok. Let's see. Look what you have to do.
    1. Do a full backup of your ROM. TWRP. On SD card.
    2. Flash again LiFe.
    3. Reboot once.
    4. Download P780_LiFe_v02_ReParted_Data_aroma. Zip not other file. This is the original file made by Xakep.
    5. Reboot to recovery and repart. Be careful because the file is in Russian. Choose the 2 gb file.
    6. After reboot, reboot again and flash your backup.
    7. Good luck.
    8. If something goes wrong tell me.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using LiFe v.07 and TWRP 2.6.3.0.
    Thanks for this. I am not worry about data or rom which I have on my device at the moment becouse it is still in beatweene changing the phone so all can be done again.

My only question is - is it safe to do the flash again new rom when there is no phone storage mounted?

Yes it is safe. If you have nothing to lose. :D

Big Thank You stympy it was bang on what i needed...

All is back to normal so I can enjoy my new P780 :)

You are welcome. I am glad that I could help you.