Rooting Tutorial for KitKat

Search This thread

pu04

Aug 7, 2014
How to unroot lenovo p780 KitKat updated phone which is rooted by you're methods ..
2 how to get back stock recovery currently twrp
3 when installing supersu ..is got error and failed.. How to fix
Just for knowlage.. :D
Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
How to unroot lenovo p780 KitKat updated phone which is rooted by you're methods ..
2 how to get back stock recovery currently twrp
3 when installing supersu ..is got error and failed.. How to fix
Just for knowlage.. :D

To get back on stock recovery flash only stock recovery from Stock ROM 124 ROW with flash tools or MobileUncleTools.
SuperSU its not working very well on Vibe based android OS so i do not recommend.
To unroot one way is to delete the files you patched with some Root explorer. :D

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using P780 ROW S221 140729

pu04

Aug 7, 2014
Are u telling about system/xbin/su
System/xbin/demon
System/app/superuser

leo.galatsi

Aug 2, 2014
I think the archive is downloaded incomplete or corrupted. Try to download again. I have the last update and it was very easy to root the phone.

I download it again.Its not working.Do you think I could try another recovery?I also tried vroot but automatic root failed and I couldnt even root it with the manual way with the chinese apps.Any other idea?

pu04

Aug 7, 2014
I have facing some problem since last weak every time volume setting popup (same popup which appear when we press vol rocker key ) appear automatically without pressing volume baton ..its frustrating . I notice that its happen more often when I use play store or chrome .
Dose anyone face this type problems. Advice me how to disabled vol setting popup notification

astrokid1993

Jul 29, 2014
I am still not able to root my phone i think its because my phone is in S214 so i thought of installing S221 and i think root will work for it.
Can any one provide link for S221 rom

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
I am still not able to root my phone i think its because my phone is in S214 so i thought of installing S221 and i think root will work for it.
Can any one provide link for S221 rom

Hi.Try this:
1. flash 124 ROW ROM stock without TWRP or CWM(not optional)
2. Reboot al least once(not optional)
3. go to OTA Update and do the first update S214 Row(not optional)
4. Reboot at least once(not optional)
5. go to OTA Update and do the first update S221 Row
6. go to my post and proceed : http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/help/rooting-tutorial-kitkat-t2835605

Reactions: astrokid1993

leo.galatsi

Aug 2, 2014
Try with pu04 geno tool.

It is in chinese!I followed some instructions about how to use genotools.I click on root(1) on the right side but nothing happens.The drivers are installed.Any idea?I want rooted phone because I want to change the modem .Any idea about how to change modem or fix the network problem without rooting my phone?Thank you.

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
It is in chinese!I followed some instructions about how to use genotools.I click on root(1) on the right side but nothing happens.The drivers are installed.Any idea?I want rooted phone because I want to change the modem .Any idea about how to change modem or fix the network problem without rooting my phone?Thank you.

Hi. Do you have USE DEBUG ON ?
Is by any chance when you try to root some options appear on screen of your phone?
There is no way to change your modem without root acces!

And one more thing: why your phone cannot be rooted by the metod described by me ? What is going on? Gives you errors ? If yes what errors ?

leo.galatsi

Aug 2, 2014
If u use @stympy methods step by step with required driver install than no problem appeared. Try reinstall driver using instruction in this link.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206421 than fallow steps of flashing recovery.. And rooting .
:)

ROOTING SUCCESS!!!I tried with the drivers of the link you sent me and the smartphone is now rooted.Just to inform you,the problem was with the twrp recovery.It seemed ok,but it wasnt installed properly.I didnt have touch access and I used only vol down button for scroling down and vol up for select.I had never used twrp in the past ,so I didnt know how it was like.To sum up,thank you very much for your post and for your help.You could copy the link for the drivers to page 1 to help anyone that might face the same problem as mine.

pu04

Aug 7, 2014
Can u reboot in recovery ..if yes the what type of u choose classic or touch ..I think u choose classic ; in classic theam its like stock recovery I think u go back to twrp and select touch in setting or u download twrp manager app using play store ..if any problem try to reinstall twrp recovery .

ravifichadia

Aug 20, 2014
i m not understand :(

plz update tutorial with video or screen short i m not now flash tools recover etc and how boot etc and this is self? i means i try and not done so my phone working or not after not done and coming any error

Hi all. I will try to write an tutorial for all who want to root your new update firmware.
First lets consider that you have updated your firmware and booted at least one time.
Now what we need is: one PC,cable to conect your phone to PC, and 2 tools: TWRP 2.7.1.1 for KK and Superuser.

Lets begin.
1. Connect your phone to your PC and install phone drivers correctly.
2. Copy superuser.zip on your SDCARD.
3. Disconnect your phone from PC.
4. Extract files from TWRP 2.7.1.1 archive on some folder on your PC.(Remember the folder :D )
5. In your folder that you extracted your archive you should find recovery.img and one scatter file.
6. Now you must have this FlashTool - SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119. Not Optional.
7. Power Off your phone.
8. After power off your phone open FlahTool and browse for the scatter file your folder where are the recovery.img and scatter file.
9. Now comes the tricky part :).
10. Load the scatter file and mark DA DL with check sum. Recovery.img should appear checked.
11. Press Download NOT FIRMWARE UPGRADE.
12. Now, just now plug the cabble on your phone. Download should start and a green circle should appear.
13. After this you should have custom recovery TWRP installed.
14. Reboot at least once. Then reboot to recovery by powering off your phone and restart with vol + - and power butons pressed.
15. From TWRP flash Superuser.zip.
16. Voila you have your KitKat rooted.
17. Now go to Magazin Play and download an RootChecker app and verify.

Hope this helped. For me worked with no mistake.
Waiting for feedback. ;)

Update:
I have uploadet TWRP Corrected by Javum. Thanks Javum. And it is working on ROW 221 tested personaly by installing patches, superuser and making backups.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using LiFe v.07 and TWRP 2.6.3.0.

abatt

Feb 18, 2013
Plovdiv
Someone with same problem. In TWRP 2.7.1.1 i cannot see SDCard only EMMC. With TWRP 2.6.3.0 i see only SDCARD. Twice install ROW ROM and the problem persist.
2ivyxlk.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all. I will try to write an tutorial for all who want to root your new update firmware.
    First lets consider that you have updated your firmware and booted at least one time.
    Now what we need is: one PC,cable to conect your phone to PC, and 2 tools: TWRP 2.7.1.1 for KK and Superuser or SuperSU at least 2.16, no less.

Lets begin.
    2. Copy superuser.zip or SuperSU on your SDCARD. Remember: only one is good. DO NOT FLASH BOTH. Flash the one you like.
    4. Extract files from TWRP 2.7.1.1 or the newest one TWRP 2.8.4.0 rev 2 archive on some folder on your PC.(Remember the folder :D )
    5. In your folder that you extracted your archive you should find recovery.img and one scatter file.
    6. Now you must have this FlashTool - SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 or SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01. Not Optional.
    7. Power Off your phone.
    8. After power off your phone open FlahTool and browse for the scatter file your folder where are the recovery.img and scatter file.
    9. Now comes the tricky part :).
    10. Load the scatter file and mark DA DL with check sum in SP Flash Tool v3. In SP Flash Tool v 5 dont need. They are allready selected. Recovery.img should appear checked.
    10.1. I have updated the post with some custom scatter files for 4GB and 8GB Firmware. Iff you get diferent errors when you flash the recovery file use this custom scatter files.
    12. Now, just now plug the cabble on your phone. Download should start and a green circle should appear.
    14. Then boot directly to recovery your phone by pressing power with vol + and vol - butons together. Not Optional!
    15. From TWRP flash Superuser.zip or SuperSU 2.xx. SuperSU is fixed. Works fine now.

Waiting for feedback. ;)

Update:
    I have uploaded TWRP Corrected by Javum. Thanks Javum. And it is working on ROW 226 and 227 tested personaly by installing patches, superuser and making backups.

Sent from my Lenovo P780

SP Flash Tool_v.3 and v.5
    plz send a link for drivers i cannot find drivers all im getting is .exe installers :(

This is ALL you need.
    Thanks a tons !!! :good::good::laugh::laugh::p I unbrick my phone !!! :good::fingers-crossed::laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Stympy, Can I ask you a question ? You help me a lot :):good: . Can I flash satanduck's rom that have TWRP already and OTA update to S221 ? But last time after having TWRP , my phone cant OTA update ... It will help me a lot... :):highfive::good:

Alsat1 is right. You cannot update or upgrade your phone via Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM.
    First you must flash stock recovery.
    Iff you want i could show you how.
    Just PM me.
    Now what we need is: one PC,cable to conect your phone to PC, and 2 tools: TWRP 2.7.1.1 for KK and Superuser.

Lets begin.
    2. Copy superuser.zip on your SDCARD.
    4. Extract files from TWRP 2.7.1.1 archive on some folder on your PC.(Remember the folder  )
    6. Now you must have this FlashTool - SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119. Not Optional.
    7. Power Off your phone.
    9. Now comes the tricky part .
    10. Load the scatter file and mark DA DL with check sum. Recovery.img should appear checked.
    14. Reboot at least once. Then reboot to recovery by powering off your phone and restart with vol + - and power butons pressed.
    15. From TWRP flash Superuser.zip.

Waiting for feedback. 

Update:
    I have uploadet TWRP Corrected by Javum. Thanks Javum. And it is working on ROW 221 tested personaly by installing patches, superuser and making backups.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using LiFe v.07 and TWRP 2.6.3.0.

I have not rooted lenovo p780 official updated to android 4.4.2 s221 OK I want root my phone I try every thing like pharma root. One click root ;rescue root;vroot ;kingoroot;and many other which I don't remember but not success ..OK than I try to follow your method ...first when I connect my switched off phone downloading process start after red bar complete I got mtp error
    Then I edit scatter file user data section as u mansion in comments sections after that download has done withouts error :) :D I got green circle that's mean I am done ... OK I disconnect phone from computer and power on than switched off for boot in recovery ... I press power button + vol up and down together but their is ...
    NOT TWRP RECOVERY .. :( only stock android recovery huuh what I do now ..where I am wrong any suggestion plz help :)
    And thanks for this wonder full tutorial.

By any chance is your phone made in 2014 ?
    Then if it is use preloader. Check preloader and try this one.
    Not working at all for me i did everything correctly till point 11 when i connect my phone as in point 12 my phone starts charging and nothing is getting detected in the sp flash tool.
    Any one please help me with my problem

Did you installed the drivers?
    Did you presed the firmware upgrade first and then plugged the phone?

Update
    Try this:
    Press Download and open the case of your phone and press the little red buton for 2 seconds.

Sent from my Lenovo P780