FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need Help [Bricked Lenovo vibe shot]

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By zahidbd2, Junior Member on 20th February 2016, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a phone Lenovo Vibe shot z90a40 . Few days ago I have successfully flashed firmware with root facilities with Miflash . Phone was working fine . Then I tried to flash again another firmware with QFIL . I marked the options "Reset after Download" . After downloding the new ROM my vibe shot never start , it always stuck on Lenovo logo/text .

The problem are below -
1. When I press/hold Volume + button and plug in usb cable , the phone vibarte 2 times . So Miflash/QFIL could not detect com port .
2. I could not enable usb debugging mode because my phone never startup after last flashing , so ' adb reboot edl' command not working . device not found .
3. Also I can't enter any Mode , so I could not reset data , could not update from any update.zip from recovery .
4. If I press and hold volume + , volume - and power button at same time , PC detect comport as 9006 , its shows not writable .
5. I tried eMMC downloader to switch to Download mode but failed .

Please help me . Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to zahidbd2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zahidbd2 Ad-Free
 
 
27th February 2016, 02:22 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidbd2

I have a phone Lenovo Vibe shot z90a40 . Few days ago I have successfully flashed firmware with root facilities with Miflash . Phone was working fine . Then I tried to flash again another firmware with QFIL . I marked the options "Reset after Download" . After downloding the new ROM my vibe shot never start , it always stuck on Lenovo logo/text .

The problem are below -
1. When I press/hold Volume + button and plug in usb cable , the phone vibarte 2 times . So Miflash/QFIL could not detect com port .
2. I could not enable usb debugging mode because my phone never startup after last flashing , so ' adb reboot edl' command not working . device not found .
3. Also I can't enter any Mode , so I could not reset data , could not update from any update.zip from recovery .
4. If I press and hold volume + , volume - and power button at same time , PC detect comport as 9006 , its shows not writable .
5. I tried eMMC downloader to switch to Download mode but failed .

Please help me . Thanks

Hello, it seems I really am facing the same problem here.
I tried all those steps above, and then I even tried to wipe and formal users data, even factory reset, but then, when I boot the phone, it is stuck on the booting screen saying Initializing. I wish I could give you all screenshot for this.
So, would anyone help us?
4th March 2016, 02:39 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello
I m facing the same problem... initializing. http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...cking-t3328123
3 night that I m investigating this... No luck...
4th March 2016, 04:29 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello! This happened to me just yesterday and I managed to solve it by following these steps:

- Download an official rom update (in a QSB file) - try googling Lenovo Z90-7 Vibe Shot - QSB.
- Create sdfuse folder on the sdcard (using computer) and copying qsb file there.
- Insert sdcard into phone
- Enter factory menu by powering off and then turning it on using POWER BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN
- There's an "SD Update" option, use it.

After that, my phone booted successfully!
Hooray. BUT: the first problem ("1. When I press/hold Volume + button and plug in usb cable , the phone vibarte 2 times . ") persisted
So, still haven't found a way to use miflash again

If anyone finds a way to solve this one, I will buy him a beer. Or a cat.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

If links are allowed here, you will find both rom and info here:
http://www.needrom.com/download/lenovo-z90-7-vibe-shot/
4th March 2016, 07:49 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I tried the qsb files but my phone simply ignore them on the external sd , i saw some ppl that put them on the internal sd but i ve no access to the drive.
7th March 2016, 11:47 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidbd2

I have a phone Lenovo Vibe shot z90a40 . Few days ago I have successfully flashed firmware with root facilities with Miflash . Phone was working fine . Then I tried to flash again another firmware with QFIL . I marked the options "Reset after Download" . After downloding the new ROM my vibe shot never start , it always stuck on Lenovo logo/text .

The problem are below -
1. When I press/hold Volume + button and plug in usb cable , the phone vibarte 2 times . So Miflash/QFIL could not detect com port .
2. I could not enable usb debugging mode because my phone never startup after last flashing , so ' adb reboot edl' command not working . device not found .
3. Also I can't enter any Mode , so I could not reset data , could not update from any update.zip from recovery .
4. If I press and hold volume + , volume - and power button at same time , PC detect comport as 9006 , its shows not writable .
5. I tried eMMC downloader to switch to Download mode but failed .

Please help me . Thanks

Hi,

here is my solution if can help.

I had on my vibe shot s208 rooted ROW. It stacked after SU update in boot loop.
1. I did wipe data without formatting from recovery mode (Vol+ and Vol- and Power button. When Logo is on release power button and hold Vol+ and Vol - until you are in recovery mode). STILL boot loop.
2. I did wipe data with formatting from the same menu. - STILL boot loop.
3. I did factory reset from recovery menu (Vol - and Power after logo is on release Power and hold Vol - until you get recovery mode) - STILL boot loop.

Then I did next:

1. I downloaded and installed QFIL (QPST_2.7.422) - I am not allowed to post links yet.
2. I have connected OTG adapter to phone. Phone was off.
3. then connected OTG to PC. It was some HDD activities but I did not hear any sound.
4. press Vol- for as long as something is going on - HDD activities. Then I think came up sound too - but not sure.
5. I had installed Qualcomm USB drivers from before I suppose.
6. Because I couldn't see my device as ...908 I disconnected and connected again usb cable... then I got my device as ...908 in device manager, but it was written "RECONNECTED" or similar in front of word "QUALCOM".
7. Then just follow instructions for QFIL. and ROM will be installed.

First I have installed INTERNATIONAL no root ROM. But because I needed phone to be rooted in order to use data recovery software I flashed again with s240 ROOTED. When I flashed second time I did not use OTG, just direct usb cable connection to PC, and my phone was again recognized after I reconnected usb cable and in device manger was "RECONNECTED" in front of word "QUALCOM".
The Following User Says Thank You to dejxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dejxda Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 12:28 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello and thanks!
Could you please provide more details regarding last step - quoted below?
Did you use the same software for flashing? What state was the phone in? How did you get it there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejxda

First I have installed INTERNATIONAL no root ROM. But because I needed phone to be rooted in order to use data recovery software I flashed again with s240 ROOTED. When I flashed second time I did not use OTG, just direct usb cable connection to PC, and my phone was again recognized after I reconnected usb cable and in device manger was "RECONNECTED" in front of word "QUALCOM".

9th March 2016, 09:30 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy32

Hello and thanks!
Could you please provide more details regarding last step - quoted below?
Did you use the same software for flashing? What state was the phone in? How did you get it there?

Well, after phone was recognized I did exactly the same procedure like in step 7. - Followed QFIL procedure (brows for 3 files and hit download).
The Following User Says Thank You to dejxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dejxda Ad-Free
2nd July 2016, 08:05 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
lenovo vibe shot z90-7 brick
Hi.Before few days i had to flash an official rom on my vibe shot (s208) and after I was requested for OTA update the mobile stopped working.Trying to turn it on using recovery mode doesn't work.I tried several tricks but still nothing.The recovery mode,though,seems to work.But when I try to run a zipped rom on the external sd fails.I tried MiFlash too.When flashing begins it stops with the following notification:faulted function(0x80070001:WriteFile position 0x00000004000000,size 1048576).I also tried QFIL.I get this notification:Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006(COM 5).I am desperate.I find no way to fix my mobile.pls help!
4th July 2016, 02:34 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
How To fix This Issue
I had a similar problem 2 days ago. I tried all methods but was unsuccessful. My computer couldn't detect my port as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but rather Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostic 9008 .

I found a way to fix that driver issue and i was able to flash my phone. And now My lenovo vibe shot is back to life.

I am not allowed to post links yet but i have provided the name of the sites
I hope this works for you

First Make sure your phone is turned off. U can do that by booting to recovery mode and sellect shutdown

Step 0
Download the right firmware for your device. I use other ones they didnt work.
This one worked perfectly for my device firmware version S118: Z90a40_USR_S118_1505272046_Q2020131.4_ROW_qpst.7z

Find it at boycracked forum or xda-developers forum


Step 1
Disable driver signature enforcement

Find the steps here


Step 2
Install the qdLoader HS-USB Driver

Find the steps at androidbrick

at this point your computer cant still recognise the device as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. You have to do the next step

Step 3
Manually Install VCOM Drivers on your Computer. This will enable your computer to detect your device as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

Find the steps at hovatek forum


Step 4
Head to this site and use the second method to flash your phone
( SECOND METHODS ) Installing the firmware using QPST/QFIL

Find the steps here
_ go to boycracked blog
The Following User Says Thank You to CiscoMaria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CiscoMaria Ad-Free
23rd July 2016, 02:22 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejxda

Hi,

3. then connected OTG to PC. It was some HDD activities but I did not hear any sound.

How do you connect your OTG to your PC?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-vibe-shot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes