Remove All Ads from XDA

[Official - k4.4 // Beta - k4.9] AOSiP Pie

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,043

By kenny3fcb, Senior Member on 21st November 2018, 04:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP

Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****
Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Shreesha Murthy
Brett Montague
Sri Harsha

Source code:

AOSiP Gerrit Review
AOSiP Github
Device Tree (read dependencies for other repos)
Kernel source

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
ABC Rom
Screwd
Omni
Krexus
Cyanogenmod
LineageOS
SlimRoms
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Sultanxda
flar2
francisofranco

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSiP, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
kenny3fcb
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 QPST
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-11-21
Last Updated 2019-02-11
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to kenny3fcb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenny3fcb Ad-Free

21st November 2018, 05:02 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ATLEAST FLASHED ZUI 3.5 VIA QFIL
Grab any one of the below:
3.5.376_ST_180516 OR 3.5.389_ST_180525
Indian ZUI 2.5 is also known to work

MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING ONLY THE OFFICIAL TWRP
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe Data and Cache
  • Flash ROM (link in first post)
  • Flash GApps (link in first post)
  • Flash ONLY the latest Magisk (optional)
  • Reboot to system

LIST OF ALL KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Touchscreen failure on refurbished phones

REPORTING BUGS:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, Magisk modules like: supercomplex sound mods, Adreno GPU custom libs, GPU turbo mode etc or Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred, or try to replicate the bug while grabbing logcat if you couldn't take logs at that time. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot or a panic, force reboot and go to recovery, open file manager and fetch pstore (you can do it from PC after connecting your phone in recovery mode after the panic, type "adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops" or copy that file to internal storage and reboot to system) and post it with the context of the panic . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If you couldn't do the above steps, there is a simpler way too. You can download SysLog, tick all the possible logging options. Try to replicate the exact issue you are facing and click on 'TAKE LOG' on SysLog app.
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kenny3fcb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenny3fcb Ad-Free
21st November 2018, 05:02 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
This AOSiP Pie release comes with some goodies:
  • Kernel's version is 4.4
    [Brings lots of improvements ranging from memory management, better scheduling, security, RCU, performance improvements and many more compared to 3.18]
  • With kernel 4.4, we got an improved, effective implementation of EAS. Currently CAF has merged kernel/common which is upto EAS r1.4.
  • Kernel 4.4 also brings better compatibility with Clang.
  • Other notable features of the kernel are:
    Always upto date with kernel_common (linux-stable, f2fs, and other improvements)
    Always compiled with latest AOSP Clang
    Enabled Clang LTO which gives a tiny performance bump
    Debloated heavily and debugging is reduced a lot
    Removed never ending SELinux auditing
    LZ4 as default zram compression algorithm
    Simple LMK by sultanxda for better memory management
    Westwood+ TCP congestion algorithm
    WireGuard
    Vibration Control
    Upstreamed CFQ as default I/O scheduler
    KCAL display color control
    Memory leak fixes from sultanxda and Star_king12

Coming to the ROM side:
  • VoLTE works and SELinux status is Enforcing
  • Encryption works after manual /data format from TWRP
  • Full Treble and full VNDK is enabled.
    It uses our unused /factory partition for storing all device specific stuff there.
    Users coming from ZUI only need to flash the official TWRP.
    Users coming from ROMs with /vendor partition need some steps to follow:
    1) Flash Vendor2factory zip,
    2) Flash official TWRP,
    3) Reboot to recovery and then flash the ROM
  • Other notable features are:
    Call recording
    Vibration pattern from Pixel devices
    Always-On Display support
    aptX support
    Pixel 3/XL powerhal adapted for z2_plus for a fluid experience

Acknowledgement:
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to kenny3fcb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenny3fcb Ad-Free
21st November 2018, 05:42 PM |#4  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 345

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for review
21st November 2018, 05:49 PM |#5  
Flag Lattakia
Thanks Meter: 35

More
rom is nice flashed the beta downloaded from Gdrive this afternoon . battery backup looks promising and usage is smooth . i noticed one thing though i have tow sim cards both 4g i use on for calls and one for internet access . i cannot switch the sim used for mobile data in sim card manager its always stuck on the same sim no matter what i try . when i choose sim for mobile data both sim indicators goes off then phone reads sim cards again and setting are back the way they were like i did nothing
21st November 2018, 06:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Reserved
22nd November 2018, 01:22 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
hey hey let's get that 1st page reserved post for review shall we

Edit:
1st remark: the ROM's using EAS enabled kernel, but generate less heat than the latest AEX and performance doesn't seems to be impacted. Batterylife is also top-notch, even though the phone still get a little warm when using for tasks like watching 1080p vp9 Youtube videos with speakers
2nd: no U-Touch configuration to be found, default to Left swipe - Recent and Right swipe - Menu. The lack of those customization also means that I can't map double click home button to launch camera, which is a pretty useful (and bug-free, compared to double clicking the power button) shortcut
3rd: there's a small visual bug with the clock on statusbar on lock screen after reboot, just like AEX

Edit2: There seems to be a problem with the fingerprint unlock for me, sometimes it doesnt register and I have to use dt2w or the power button, after that it returns to normal immediately

Edit3: another small visual bug: on the right side of the status bar, there seems to be a lack of space, since if too many system icon on there, the battery icon is pushed out of the screen entirely
23rd November 2018, 10:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The Rom is just perfect. I noticed a small bug- the gesture typing using in built aosp keyboard causes it to force close. (It's a rom side bug ig). Also, the display glitches are close to none. Battery is also good and heat management is also pretty good. And it's just the SMOOTHEST ROM i have used. The 4.4 combo with EAS is just wow.
Thanks a lot, dev. Waiting for future updates with even more optimisations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reverseflash⚡⚡ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reverseflash⚡⚡ Ad-Free
23rd November 2018, 10:39 AM |#9  
Flag Lattakia
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyakas

hey hey let's get that 1st page reserved post for review shall we

Edit:
1st remark: the ROM's using EAS enabled kernel, but generate less heat than the latest AEX
2nd: no U-Touch configuration to be found, default to Left swipe - Recent and Right swipe - Menu.
3rd: there's a small visual bug with the clock on statusbar on lock screen after reboot, just like AEX

Edit2: There seems to be a problem with the fingerprint unlock for me, sometimes it doesnt register and I have to use dt2w or the power button, after that it returns to normal immediately

fingerprint bug is happening here too
24th November 2018, 04:59 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahh988

fingerprint bug is happening here too

Please flash the attached kernel and give feedback
Attached Files
File Type: zip z2_plus-20181124.zip - [Click for QR Code] (11.18 MB, 166 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny3fcb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenny3fcb Ad-Free
25th November 2018, 07:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Nice rom , but I cant find navigation bar option ,Cuz u touch isnt working very well, and translation missing,,,,,,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)