• Customized CAF CPU-Boost
  • Kerneltoast's Devfreq Boost
  • Joshuous' Dynamic Stune Boost
  • Some Upstreams, Backports and Optimizations

Download
Changelog:
z2_plus | z2_row

Credits:
[•] DD3Boh [•] Kenny3fcb [•] davidevinavil [•] YaroST12 [•] joshuous [•] Renderbroken [•] Flar2 [•] franciscofranco
[•] Kerneltoast [•] MihranT [•] kdrag0n [•] osm0sis

XDA:DevDB Information
droopy-kernel for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
ajaivasudeve
Source Code: https://github.com/ajaivasudeve/kernel

Version Information

Created 2019-12-08
Last Updated 2019-12-09
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ajaivasudeve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajaivasudeve Ad-Free
8th December 2019, 05:52 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 436

More
Info:
Telegram Group | Telegram Channel | EAS
Boost Drivers | Schedutil | ROMs | MODs
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajaivasudeve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajaivasudeve Ad-Free
8th December 2019, 08:07 PM |#3  
Flag Gwalior
Thanks Meter: 83

More
okay, there's something new!!! trying it first thing!
but can you please share some benchmark scores???
EDIT:
network guru app says Qualcomm baseband and driver isn't installed. do something about it please! *FIXED*
The Following User Says Thank You to the_harsh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_harsh Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 07:35 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
droopy-eas-r1

[09/12/2019]
changelog:
* Initial stable release
* Linux 4.4.206
* CAF-tag LA.UM.8.4.r1-04600-8x98.0
* Fixed Network Signal Guru driver issues from beta build

Download
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajaivasudeve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajaivasudeve Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 07:41 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_harsh

okay, there's something new!!! trying it first thing!
but can you please share some benchmark scores???
EDIT:
network guru app says Qualcomm baseband and driver isn't installed. do something about it please!

Network guru issue has been fixed in the stable release. Thanks for notifying
I don't care about benchmark scores. The intention is to give a satisfactory performance with good enough battery life with as low heating as possible. If you care about performance nameless is probably what you should opt for.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajaivasudeve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajaivasudeve Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 09:55 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaivasudeve

I don't care about benchmark scores. The intention is to give a satisfactory performance with good enough battery life with as low heating as possible. If you care about performance nameless is probably what you should opt for.

nameless imo is the worst,day to day smoothness is non-existent,tap an app and you have to wait a sec for it to open up,so I'm excited to test your kernal sir, I don't care about gaming performance if that's what you were talking about,so far lineage os kernal seems to be the king when it comes to responsiveness
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manashz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manashz1 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 10:36 AM |#8  
Flag Gwalior
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaivasudeve

thankyou for quick update bro! i can live without benchmark scores or performance!
I'm using it since tomorrow till now the experience is good enough! I'll update after spending sometime with it!
The Following User Says Thank You to the_harsh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_harsh Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 01:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Going to try this one soon. But I've somy questions (noob 😁). My Z2 is now on AOSiP-9 with Nameless r29 and L-Speed installed.

- Can I just flash this kernel directly? Or flash AOSiP-9 over again and then flash droopy?
- Do I need to uninstall L-Speed? Or is there any need of installing L-Speed, spectrum or similar app?

I don't need any performance based kernel since I don't play games. Only need a battery oriented one with enough speed for daily use, that's all. So definitely gonna try this very soon.
9th December 2019, 02:40 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyonsv

Going to try this one soon. But I've somy questions (noob ). My Z2 is now on AOSiP-9 with Nameless r29 and L-Speed installed.

- Can I just flash this kernel directly? Or flash AOSiP-9 over again and then flash droopy?
- Do I need to uninstall L-Speed? Or is there any need of installing L-Speed, spectrum or similar app?

I don't need any performance based kernel since I don't play games. Only need a battery oriented one with enough speed for daily use, that's all. So definitely gonna try this very soon.

Dirty flash ROM, then flash kernel then magisk if necessary. Flashing on top of other kernels will likely give miserable results.
Using L-speed or any kinda mod with the kernel is not recommended. What works with other kernels probably won't work on droopy. I don't expect users to use any companion apps. It is supposed to give optimum results by default. If the default setup is not up to your expectations, use kernel managers like FK kernel manager[recommended] or kernel adiutor for tweaking the setup. There are more than enough tunables to play with. However do note, that I am responsible only to the default setup, and any mishaps due to changes from user's end is not upto me to solve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajaivasudeve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajaivasudeve Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)