[RECOVERY] Official TWRP 3.2.1 for Zuk Z2/ Lenovo Z2 Plus

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 398

By varotone, Senior Member on 10th April 2017, 12:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Disclaimer
Code:
/**
*  What you do with your device is your choice.
*  None of the developers of this software will be held accountable for any damages to your device or to third parties.
*  You should know this by now.
**/

What's this?

This is TeamWin Recovery Project for our ZUK Z2 / Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus, z2131, z2132).

This is an official recovery support thread.

Known Issues
  • None

Requirements
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Common sense and a Z2 :P

Downloads, changelogs, installation info
All of this info can be found at the official info page.
If you use fastboot to install TWRP, you may have to specify a vendor ID in the commandline, like so:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are some of the downloads on the download page much bigger than others? Which ones should I use?
I only recently became the maintainer for the official images, and I changed the sources in doing so. This means that I do not know why the images built by the previous maintainer weigh more. You should always use the latest one available.

Why are some of the downloads for z2 and others for z2_plus? Which ones should I use?
The previous maintainer used the z2 codename, whereas I am using z2_plus because it's the standard most devs are using nowadays. Again, you should always use the latest image available
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to varotone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varotone Ad-Free

10th April 2017, 07:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Congratulations!
16th April 2017, 05:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Trouble restoring my backup
Hi varotone,
Hey I having some problems in restoring my backups made using the recovery, flashing seems to be fine but when I try to restore it fails and phone just restarts and starts to blink the led. But if you back to recovery and flash a new ROM it works fine.
I am using the latest version of twrp ,so just wanted to chk its just an issue with me or anyone else also facing this issue.
20th April 2017, 10:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
New release uploaded today (twrp-3.1.0-3-z2_plus.img) on https://dl.twrp.me/z2/.

Decryption should be fixed in this build, but needs testers!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to varotone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varotone Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 10:22 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amogh1988

Hi varotone,
Hey I having some problems in restoring my backups made using the recovery, flashing seems to be fine but when I try to restore it fails and phone just restarts and starts to blink the led. But if you back to recovery and flash a new ROM it works fine.
I am using the latest version of twrp ,so just wanted to chk its just an issue with me or anyone else also facing this issue.

Haven't run into that issue. Can you try to get a log? /tmp/recovery.log is fine
27th April 2017, 07:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Flash it under Linux, no problems. Backup also no problem and flash last LOS build works also without problem!

Thank you!
22nd May 2017, 03:59 AM |#7  
Flag Sherbrooke
Thanks Meter: 2

More
flashed it, doesn't work for me

fastboot install succeeded as you can see on the screenshot, but when I boot with vol down + power, get to the black screen with options that boots up, i go to Recovery, click it and all that happens is my phone reboots, no TWRP

any ideas?
22nd May 2017, 06:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Which version u try to flash?
23rd May 2017, 11:25 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
deleted
8th June 2017, 09:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
fastboot claims to work, but doesn't
Code:
philo@ZeroKnowledge ~/Downloads> adb reboot bootloader
philo@ZeroKnowledge ~/Downloads> fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-z2_plus.img 
target reported max download size of 1610612736 bytes
sending 'recovery' (18372 KB)...
OKAY [  0.569s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.145s]
finished. total time: 0.714s
philo@ZeroKnowledge ~/Downloads> fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.072s
It comes up with a menu which indicates that the bootloader is unlocked. Then when I select recovery as the option, the screen goes black and nothing happens until hold down the power button for a long time.
9th June 2017, 07:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Can i flash it with their offial twrp app or with my existing twrp?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, twrp, z2_plus, zuk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)