[ROM][8.1.0][STABLE][OFFICIAL][TREBLE] AospExtended ROM V5.8 [Z2 PLUS]

Search This thread

suvo86

Sep 28, 2017
Kolkata
Did you flash the latest build?

I been using ROM for three days, really smooth but when using for long times it gets really hot and reboot itself, Dev take a look in this matter pls, thank u for such amazing job.

Pd. I have this little problem but dunno if this the right post to ask for it, whenever I record a video I can't replay cuz it get stuck in only one frame but audio keeps going, if someone can help me I really appreciate it.

G

GuestK00220

@davidevinavil please keep the color saturation normal an all the animation speeds normal at 1x. I am on AEX 4.6 the UI feels fidgety. Let us feel the animations. I haven't installed this build yet, waiting patiently for the stable release. Just wanted to give a heads up if you're planning to do the same with 8.0. the whites looks yellowish when I take pictures with the camera.

:):good:
Thank you for your hardwork.

suvo86

Sep 28, 2017
Kolkata
@davidevinavil please keep the color saturation normal an all the animation speeds normal at 1x. I am on AEX 4.6 the UI feels fidgety. Let us feel the animations. I haven't installed this build yet, waiting patiently for the stable release. Just wanted to give a heads up if you're planning to do the same with 8.0. the whites looks yellowish when I take pictures with the camera.

Animation scale is a personal choice. You can always change it to the levels you like.

Reactions: Araa01
G

GuestK00220

Animation scale is a personal choice. You can always change it to the levels you like.
I forgot to mention the details. When I rotate the device the animation seems to be running at very fast speeds, same with the in app animation speed, like browsing through poweramp, etc, even though I have set all the animations at 1x speed. Also the volume panel goes away very quickly. I know I am being a nitpicky:eek:

Last edited:

sanjib734

Feb 22, 2012
Durgapur
Reactions: cradino and the.D

zakwanPHG

Mar 6, 2015
Tried that . Doesn't work !!

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Is the heating issue resolved in the latest build ??
Still there

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

A small request to the devs.......pls upload builds on AFH rather than mega.
AFH is easily accessible than mega.
Check other OP post.there have new build release with AFH link

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Wrong thread bro..this is for aex alpha 5.0.if u on aex4.6 then u should disscus in OP post aex4.6 there.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Try a different camera app. Snapdragon camera is having issues with this rom currently
Hdr work in other cam app?

janusz_zed

Apr 28, 2017
updated to 07

Still there

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Check other OP post.there have new build release with AFH link

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Wrong thread bro..this is for aex alpha 5.0.if u on aex4.6 then u should disscus in OP post aex4.6 there.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Hdr work in other cam app?
Rebot

ninbes

Nov 30, 2015
Security patch is of 5th Oct. Currently, OTA is not available.

Thanks for the reply, OTA only when official, so I saw this rom soon leave alpha for beta.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

In the first AEX 5.0 gps build not working, has this issue already been resolved? How is your gps working?

suvo86

Sep 28, 2017
Kolkata
Thanks for the reply, OTA only when official, so I saw this rom soon leave alpha for beta.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

In the first AEX 5.0 gps build not working, has this issue already been resolved? How is your gps working?

GPS is not accurate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ER7PzVx.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Read the whole OP! Be Respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

KDVygxh.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended

Np7jfnY.png

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are contsantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We are not thinking of cherry-picking every feature out there. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our G+ community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Code:
    [B]
    -App Ops
    -Toggle power menu on Lockscreen
    -Force Expand Notification
    -Toggle between 4G and LTE icon
    -Statusbar brightness control
    -Toggle wake on plug
    -Toggle Medias art on Lockscreen
    -Cpu info switch
    -Disable orange color in battery saver mode
    -Losckcreen Charging info
    -Compass QS Tile
    -Sound QS Tile
    -PiP QS tile
    -Turn on wifi automatically
    -Substratum Theme Engine
    -AppOps
    -Expanded Desktop
    -D2S On Navbar
    -Lockscreen DT2S
    -Toggle Always on display
    -Run SysUI tuner from Extensions
    -Detailed Location QS Tile!
    -Statusbar Traffic Indicators
    -DT2s On Statusbar
    -QS Quick Pulldown
    -QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
    -Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable)
    -Toast Icon
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode/call answer)
    -Auto Brightness Icon Toggle
    -Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions
    -Unlink Notification Volume
    -Partial Screenshot Type
    -VIA Browser
    -Phonograph
    -Pixel's UI (Navbar/Accent/Pixel launcher)
    -AEXPapers
    -Recents Clear All FAB button and Re-positioning
    -Recents Free Ram bar
    -Headsup QS tile
    -Headsup extensions(Snooze,Timeout,Stoplist and Blacklist)
    -Toggle Dashboard Suggestions and Conditions
    -New pretty adaptive icons for included aosp apps

And many more coming in future! Many extensions are added in each update so we miss out adding new extensions in this list. So always keep on checking the latest changelog in our G+ Community, and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come!
    [/B]

47WEHUl.png

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

Z2 plus

Google Apps
    -OpenGApps/BeansGApps

t709fnd.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Code:
    [b]-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
    -Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    -Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    -Flash AEX Package
    -Install GAPPS package
    -Wipe cache!
    -And at last Reboot!
    [First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
    Clean Flash is always recommended![/b]

mmK3YNQ.png

Monitor the changelog here!

Code:
    [b]AospExtended 5.0 10th OCT

-Merged Oct 17 security patch
    -Nuked emergency option from power menu
    -Headsup QS tile
    -Headsup extensions(Snooze,Timeout,Stoplist and Blacklist)
    -Toggle Dashboard Suggestions and Conditions
    -New pretty adaptive icons for included aosp apps
    -Many other small improvements 

AospExtended 5.0 1st OCT

-Bring back App Ops
    -Add more ringtones and notification tones
    -Toggle power menu on Lockscreen
    -Force Expand Notification
    -Toggle between 4G and LTE icon
    -Navbar DT2S
    -Lockscreen DT2S
    -Statusbar DT2S
    -Statusbar brightness control
    -Toggle wake on plug
    -Toggle Medias art on Losckscreen
    -Cpu info switch
    -Disable orange color in battery saver mode
    -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode/call answer)
    -Losckcreen Charging info
    -Compass QS Tile
    -Sound QS Tile
    -New Default Wallpaper
    -Fix few NPEs
    -Update AEX Papers

Clean flash is always recommended​. Bug reports are not appreciated  if not clean flashed.

[/b]

WcLe541.png

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

zf0kMgF.png

Please Join Our Google+ Community and Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

wxV7wmi.png

All sort of contributions are welcomed. You can post your walls in our G+ community. Minimum res we require is W: 1152px | H: 2048px. We don't want our users to fight with each other so we humbly request you to be respectful to each other. We are not earning anything by sharing this ROM. Always read the full OP. Don't Quote the whole OP. Join our channel and communitiy. #StayHappy #ExtendYourDevice

GDeu02t.png

Checkout this ROM!
    YOUR ATTACHMENTS COMES HERE FOR SCREENSHOTS

nWBbgnc.png

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
    -JDC Team
    -DirtyUnicorns
    -LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
    -TeamSubstratum
    -Nitrogen Project
    -Pure Nexus
    -BenzoRoms
    -OmniROM
    -AOSPA
    -ABC ROM
    -GZR Community
    -Lakor Tools for Via Browser
    -Kabou Zeid for Phonograph
    -@AlienCreature7 and @Wizper99 (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

Y5vOKGE.png

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Base Of the ROM & Version?
    ->Rom is Based on AOSP

-Why no "Incremental updates" Support?
    ->Actually the updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuffs are merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend clean flash.

-Does this ROM Support Substratum/CMTE?
    ->Yes, full substratum support!

-Which Gapps are recommended?
    ->OpenGapps or
    ->BeansGApps

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?
    ->No.

-What about XPOSED?
    ->XPOSED For N is not out yet. Still in Development. We like Xposed but it messes up with the system so before giving any bug reports make sure you have xposed uninstalled.

-When Will Be the Next Update?
    ->No ETAs please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready. We generally provide monthly updates with latest security patches and new features.

-I am facing FCs, Bugs, Some feature is broken?
    ->Provide Full info About your problem with logcats and the procedure to reproduce it.
    ->How to take Logcats?
    https://goo.gl/UcTM9

-Adaway is not working :(
    ->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.
    ->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

-I want to contribute To the Development of this ROM?
    ->Join our G+ community:
    ->Join our telegram Group

Contributors
    davidevinavil

Many tanks to
    @DD3Boh (it was quite the firts to boot up oreo on zuk z2 plus, I started from a solid base)
    @cosmedd (helped me with camera stuff and we will collaborate for sure again)
    @vache (he learn me hax)
    @luca020400 (it's a master dev, no other words)
    @erfanoabdi (helped me with many things)
    @faizauthar12 (initial work on kernel)
    @MR.HACKER5476 (initial import of OSS camera hal)

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
    ROM Firmware Required: unlocked bootloader
    Kernel source: github
    Device tree:github

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.8

Last Updated 2018-08-14
    Since 2018_04_17 build you must rename 'factory' partition to 'vendor'.
    Just read here, all explained

https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/z2plus-treble-roms-flashing-reverting-t3778287

Official Magisk working
    Hi all
    I'm still here ;)
    Finally me and @cosmedd are able to build AEX (me) ans Los (him) with full treble support (90% is @cosmedd work)
    This make many headache with root (still unsolved) and audio in call with phh GSI (fixed now finally with help of @erfanoabdi)
    Also aex manteiner are doing some change to Extended app so will push soon a new build with fully treble support
    Hi guys..
    I'm coming with big news..
    Finally get best performance like non treble build (before AEX 5.2)
    I'm working with cosmedd to fix cellular radio drain
    Build coming soon
    Uploading new build with
    UTouch button configuration, Snapdragon camera fully working and stable finally
    HDR+ support with modded gcam
    Navigation bar with pulse (spectrum analyser) and don't remember other stuff