FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.0.0][ZUI 4.0.199] Zuk Z2 [Gapps Preinstalled][GCam Working]

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 333
 
By Dhananjay_Yadav, Member on 3rd December 2018, 04:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2019, 08:31 AM |#101  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwik

MSM xtended supports encryption. However i am not able to pass through my corporate airwatch sniffer. It boots me out saying device is compromised

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realise MSM Xtended supported encryption. I will download it now and test. Although I'm not sure what you mean about the other thing. I've never heard of that problem before.
 
 
17th January 2019, 08:49 AM |#102  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P650SE

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realise MSM Xtended supported encryption. I will download it now and test. Although I'm not sure what you mean about the other thing. I've never heard of that problem before.

I try and install my corporate emails on my phone. There is a software called airwatch that checks for compliance of the device and this SW does not let me proceed further to install my corporate emails. If that is not a constraint for you, you should try this ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to shiwik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shiwik Ad-Free
17th January 2019, 08:56 AM |#103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwik

I try and install my corporate emails on my phone. There is a software called airwatch that checks for compliance of the device and this SW does not let me proceed further to install my corporate emails. If that is not a constraint for you, you should try this ROM

Oh! That makes a lot more sense now. Thankfully that isn't something I should need to be concerned about. If this ROM boots with encryption enabled then it would be fantastic as I have been waiting patiently to upgrade to Pie on this phone.
17th January 2019, 01:50 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwik

I try and install my corporate emails on my phone. There is a software called airwatch that checks for compliance of the device and this SW does not let me proceed further to install my corporate emails. If that is not a constraint for you, you should try this ROM

So I tried MSM Xtended and it worked with encryption. There is more customisation here than any other ROM I remember using. (Maybe a little more than Resurrection Remix) But the UI feels a bit laggy in comparison to all the Oreo ROMs I tried. I can see a lot of stutters during animations and when scrolling through pages. I couldn't find any custom kernels (non-treble) that worked with that ROM. Do you know of any other Pie ROMs that support encryption? Otherwise I may just switch back to Oreo (Jaguar) for better stability.
19th January 2019, 02:46 AM |#105  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P650SE

So I tried MSM Xtended and it worked with encryption. There is more customisation here than any other ROM I remember using. (Maybe a little more than Resurrection Remix) But the UI feels a bit laggy in comparison to all the Oreo ROMs I tried. I can see a lot of stutters during animations and when scrolling through pages. I couldn't find any custom kernels (non-treble) that worked with that ROM. Do you know of any other Pie ROMs that support encryption? Otherwise I may just switch back to Oreo (Jaguar) for better stability.

Did you do a clean flash? I did not face any lag (and i am not a gamer). I am currently on Jaguar but not very impressed with that ROM. I liked the ZUI on Oreo better
19th January 2019, 07:43 AM |#106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Does GPay and other banking apps or wallets work properly without root on this rom?
19th January 2019, 08:46 AM |#107  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwik

Did you do a clean flash? I did not face any lag (and i am not a gamer). I am currently on Jaguar but not very impressed with that ROM. I liked the ZUI on Oreo better

Yes, I always wipe all partitions before flashing a ROM. Actually, I'm on Jaguar too and I really like this ROM. When I had used it on previous occasions I thought it was below average. But now it's really good and there are a lot of useful options.
21st January 2019, 07:40 AM |#108  
Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Can i flash gapps package on stock zui 4.0.199? Everything else works fine, just need gapps.
21st January 2019, 07:43 PM |#109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother_mouzone

Can i flash gapps package on stock zui 4.0.199? Everything else works fine, just need gapps.

Gapps is already present

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyen_

Does GPay and other banking apps or wallets work properly without root on this rom?

For other's future reference, yes everything works without problems
28th January 2019, 06:13 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Anybody facing issue with receiving text messages??
I don't receive every text message, I have also disabled the spam filter
29th January 2019, 10:49 AM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Play store not opening in this ROM, anyone else facing the same issue?
Fixed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zui, zui 4.0.199, zui gcam

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes