110 posts
Thanks Meter: 415

By varotone, Senior Member on 11th February 2017, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from varotone: This project is discontinued
Disclaimer
Code:
/**
*  You flash this ROM at your own risk and responsibility.
*  This ROM is provided without ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, not even the warranty that it works.
*  None of the developers of this ROM will be held accountable for any damages, complaints or thermonuclear war.
**/

Introduction

This is LineageOS 14.1 for our ZUK Z2 (z2_plus, z2131, z2132).

This ROM is mainly an adaptation of fedor917 and davidevinavil's superb work on this device. My sources are continuously being updated to their changes and improved to better work for LineageOS.

Features
  • LineageOS 14.1 with Android 7.1.1, including all features from LineageOS.
  • Always updated to the latest upstream sources and security patches
  • Clean builds without any additional bloatware
  • Updated every 1/2 weeks

Requirements
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Latest TWRP (Link)
  • Reading this whole post. If you don't read the post, it's important that you read at least the FAQ. If you don't read it and then ask stupid questions, I reserve my right to make fun of you.
  • Your Z2 and your brains

Installation instructions
  1. Wipe system, cache and dalvik
  2. If not flashing over a LineageOS 14.1 build, wipe data
  3. Flash the ROM
  4. Flash root if you want (Link)
  5. Flash GAPPS if wanted (Link, select arm64, android 7.1)
  6. Reboot

Changelog

You can always find the changelog at the device wiki.

Downloads

Link

Credits

Thanks to Fedor, Davide and all other contributors!

Donations

I'm doing this in my free time and to use myself. Furthermore, both davidenavil and fedor917 have done much, much more work than I to make this ROM possible. If you're feeling like donating you should donate to them first.

If after reading this you still want to donate to me, here's a link:

Note that by donating you are confirming that you're not paying for any service whatsoever, but freely giving away your money without any warranty or right to refund. I take donations as a form of saying thanks, not as payment for my work or the works of others.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for ZUK Z2, ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro

Contributors
varotone, davidevinavil, fedor917, many others
Source Code: https://github.com/ontherunvaro/andr...ce_zuk_z2_plus

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-02-11
Last Updated 2017-10-15
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to varotone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varotone Ad-Free
11th February 2017, 05:19 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
FAQ
Does this ROM have OTA updates?
Yep, since release 20170420.

LTE/Calls not working?
Please make sure you're on the latest baseband before reporting these bugs. Also remember that flashing a new baseband will re-lock your bootloader and you'll have to unlock it again. Search the forum for more info.

The U-Touch settings are not in my language?
Some of the U-Touch strings were added by Fedor and others by me. I don't know any languages other than Spanish and English, and there's some Russian strings too.
If you want to translate the settings, send me a DM with this file translated to your language, plus which language it is and from which country. You can also send pull requests - do NOT open issues for this.

What's with the root in this ROM?
LineageOS have dropped prerooted roms in favor of a separate root addon. It is the one linked in the first post. This is managed in "Developer options" after you've flashed it.
You can also flash other root options (SuperSU, Magisk, etc.) if you prefer.

How can I contribute to this ROM?
You can contribute to my sources on GitHub by doing pull requests or issues. If you're serious about it, contact me and we can setup an organization.
You can also contributing by reporting bugs and errors, always accompanied by a logcat and a sufficient description of the bug. Please check it's not a known bug first.

Can you add PIE controls / Omniswitch / this app...?
No. I only build clean, bloatware-free LineageOS ROMs, without any extras.

You're running late on your updates!
This is not my job, and I actually have one. I will try to update frequently but I cannot promise anything.

How can I talk to you?
You can find me sometimes on ##z2_plus-dev at irc.freenode.net. You can also post your doubts or suggestions in this thread or the dedicated DevDB pages.
I will not answer any DMs or emails for bugs, feature requests or technical assistance. That's what the forum is for.

Reporting bugs
Should I report this bug?

If you find a bug you want to report, please check these things first:
  • It's actually a bug:
    Missing functionalities generally are not bugs. Bugs are things that are there, are supposed to work, but don't work. For example: camera crashes are bugs, but "there isn't a navbar option" isn't.
    As stated in the FAQ, I only build clean LineageOS, so only things in base LineageOS will make it to the rom.
    If some functionality is missing, wait until LineageOS includes it, do not ask me. This includes: navbar options, more quicksettings tiles, theme engine, etc.
  • It's not already been reported:
    Check the "Known Issues" list in the first post, and see if your bug is there before reporting it.
  • It's related to the ROM itself:
    I will only accept bug reports related to the ROM. That means I won't accept bugs related to DivineBeats, Xposed, Atmos or any other addons. Those addons have their own support threads in xda or similar forums.

How do I report this bug?
Once you confirm you've got a bug and it's not been reported yet, you shall do the following:
  1. Capture a log.
    There are plenty of tutorials on using logcat on the internet. You should reboot the phone, reproduce the bug and capture the logcat then. Do not send me logcats when the phone it's been on for hours.
  2. Send the bug report.
    Either make a post here, or open an issue in the github page. Make sure to write a sufficient description of the bug and instructions to reproduce it, and attach (attach, NOT paste) the relevant logs.
Bonus - dmesg: There's another type of log apart from logcat which is also useful called the dmesg. Again, there are tutorials on the internet on how to capture one. If you can also provide a dmesg, besides the logcat, that would be great! But remember, logcat is essential, I can't do anything without a logcat.

Bonus 2 - ramoops: If the phone hangs (black screen with led) you can get the logs by rebooting and getting the console ramoops:
Code:
adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops > ramoops.txt
Run this code on your computer after a reboot to get your ramoops log.

My bug is already reported, how can I help?
You can read the relevant GitHub issue and provide any missing relevant information via comments. If you see a bug with the needs-logs tag, that means no logs are available, so you can contribute by providing them.
NOTE: "I also have this bug" is NOT relevant information if the bug is already verified. Such comments will be deleted, and their author shamed. You've been warned.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to varotone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varotone Ad-Free
11th February 2017, 05:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
its for the zuk z2 pro or plus?
XDAevDB Information
11th February 2017, 05:36 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliakele

its for the zuk z2 pro or plus?
XDAevDB Information

Edited the FAQ to clarify this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to varotone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varotone Ad-Free
11th February 2017, 06:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, will be released official rom?
11th February 2017, 06:39 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Link posted
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to varotone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varotone Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 08:29 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please start a thread in Zukfans.eu , there is a much better response and discussion there . Thank you for this ROM and your hardwork.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
14th February 2017, 11:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik9425

Please start a thread in Zukfans.eu , there is a much better response and discussion there . Thank you for this ROM and your hardwork.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

http://zukfans.eu/community/index.php?threads/4852/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akapolips For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akapolips Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 09:57 PM |#9  
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Guys please confirm me that can all the roms for this device be installed on the Indian variant lenovo z2 plus?
16th February 2017, 07:08 AM |#10  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,676

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing_97

Guys please confirm me that can all the roms for this device be installed on the Indian variant lenovo z2 plus?

Yes, its for 2131/2132
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miju12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miju12 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)