FORUMS

(DEEP FLASH) Revive your zuk z2 from HARD BRICK state. 9008 mode easily

142 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By Torres.09, Senior Member on 22nd March 2017, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone!!

I have seen many help posts about hard brick of z2 while playing with custom roms.
So i am gonna make this guide.

If your phone doesn't respond to any key. When you press power key just little vibrate and led flash. When connecting to pc if your phone is shown as 900E mode in device manager then this guide gonna help.

Lets start!
First completely power off your phone.

To do this "Press the power key for 10-15 second, lil vibration and led flashes. Keep pressing till 2nd vibration. Then immediately leave power button."

Now phone is complete switched off.

Then the hard part comes. Taking phone to 9008 mode. 9008 mode is emergency download mode (edl).
Without taking to 9008 mode we cant flash the rom. So its must be taken to 9008 mode

To take phone to 9008 mode you should cut the outer cover of cable.

Strip the data cable so that we can see the inner wires. There you can see 4 wires. Cut the outer skin of green and black wires so that we can see the inner conducting part. Then short circuit them. Make sure both wires touch each
other.

If you dont want to cut inner wires take a thin needle. Pierce green and black wire with needle. Make sure needle touch inner region of both wire.

Now make sure that your phone is completely off. Then its time to connect to the pc.

Make sure both wire are touched properly. Then connect the usb to pc. (Only connect in USB 2.0 PORT). No sound comes if done properly. Pc wont recognize till now.

After about 4 seconds separate green and black cable.
If you using needle then pull out the needle.

If you have been successful phone goes to deep flash mode that is 9008 mode.

If it goes to 900E mode. Keep those wires touched. Keep mobile connected to pc. And power off the phonei.e pressing power buttom for long second till vibrations.
Then after 3-4 second after power off untouch both wires. Itll go to 9008.

If successful then you can flash easily via Miflash. Miflash gives hello packet error. Restart pc, change USB port, take phone out if edl by long pressing power and again take back to edl.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Torres.09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Torres.09 Ad-Free
29th March 2017, 02:58 AM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hello!
I've been trying to revive my phone but I haven't been able. I cannot post on zukfans because for some reason, I cannot sign up. I says that my info appears spam like, and to contact the admin, whom I cannot find.
I used your deep flash method described in zukfans, and was able to flash with qfil and miflash, but i cannot use my phone.
a complete description of the drama is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/len...brick-t3570563

Any thoughts?
16th July 2017, 10:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
how to shut down my device, i already tried many times , many tutorial to turn off from blink , and vibration every 30 second, when do nothing!, and every 5 second when i push hold power button for 1 hour already, nothing change................
16th July 2017, 12:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Problem Solved , just force to flash with DF Cable then i use old version with lite config to flash my brick device thx
16th July 2017, 01:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres.09

Hello everyone!!

I have seen many help posts about hard brick of z2 while playing with custom roms.
So i am gonna make this guide.

If your phone doesn't respond to any key. When you press power key just little vibrate and led flash. When connecting to pc if your phone is shown as 900E mode in device manager then this guide gonna help.

Lets start!
First completely power off your phone.

To do this "Press the power key for 10-15 second, lil vibration and led flashes. Keep pressing till 2nd vibration. Then immediately leave power button."

Now phone is complete switched off.

Then the hard part comes. Taking phone to 9008 mode. 9008 mode is emergency download mode (edl).
Without taking to 9008 mode we cant flash the rom. So its must be taken to 9008 mode

To take phone to 9008 mode you should cut the outer cover of cable.

Strip the data cable so that we can see the inner wires. There you can see 4 wires. Cut the outer skin of green and black wires so that we can see the inner conducting part. Then short circuit them. Make sure both wires touch each
other.

If you dont want to cut inner wires take a thin needle. Pierce green and black wire with needle. Make sure needle touch inner region of both wire.

Now make sure that your phone is completely off. Then its time to connect to the pc.

Make sure both wire are touched properly. Then connect the usb to pc. (Only connect in USB 2.0 PORT). No sound comes if done properly. Pc wont recognize till now.

After about 4 seconds separate green and black cable.
If you using needle then pull out the needle.

If you have been successful phone goes to deep flash mode that is 9008 mode.

If it goes to 900E mode. Keep those wires touched. Keep mobile connected to pc. And power off the phonei.e pressing power buttom for long second till vibrations.
Then after 3-4 second after power off untouch both wires. Itll go to 9008.

If successful then you can flash easily via Miflash. Miflash gives hello packet error. Restart pc, change USB port, take phone out if edl by long pressing power and again take back to edl.

I will tell my issue

I bought this device this July month, I was encouraged seeing you guys did a lot of flashing, I thought I could flash myself but it became a nightmare now.

I am not that much technical so please bare my usage of words below, but I need a real help.

I was doing the basic TWRP for getting the AICP ROM 12.1 but after wiping the data from TWRP my device doesnt get recognized for the Sideload and I did whatever I can but it doesnt detect my phone, so I am having a screen with Start "Green" which is showing the device status as unlocked and when I click on Recovery it goes to the Zuk logo and doesn't have any sign after that.. stuck really

I tried using QFIL but my device detects as 900E but not 9008 also adb doesn't detect my device at all after this.
I think I really did a hard brick of my device.

I dont want to loose hope, I want your help really badly.
17th July 2017, 01:43 PM |#6  
I don't think OP is active and unless he is same as Toxic09, all the credit for these steps and details is to be given to user Toxic09 at zukfans portal.

Pls google "(DEEP FLASH) Revive your zuk z2 toxic09" and ask there.
20th July 2017, 05:04 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakashbabu79

I will tell my issue

I bought this device this July month, I was encouraged seeing you guys did a lot of flashing, I thought I could flash myself but it became a nightmare now.

I am not that much technical so please bare my usage of words below, but I need a real help.

I was doing the basic TWRP for getting the AICP ROM 12.1 but after wiping the data from TWRP my device doesnt get recognized for the Sideload and I did whatever I can but it doesnt detect my phone, so I am having a screen with Start "Green" which is showing the device status as unlocked and when I click on Recovery it goes to the Zuk logo and doesn't have any sign after that.. stuck really

I tried using QFIL but my device detects as 900E but not 9008 also adb doesn't detect my device at all after this.
I think I really did a hard brick of my device.

I dont want to loose hope, I want your help really badly.

Follow the steps as mentioned to get your phone to 9008 mode
20th July 2017, 05:06 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mGforCe

I don't think OP is active and unless he is same as Toxic09, all the credit for these steps and details is to be given to user Toxic09 at zukfans portal.

Pls google "(DEEP FLASH) Revive your zuk z2 toxic09" and ask there.

Well i am same.
But now my primary device is not zuk z2.
So have been inactive
17th October 2017, 06:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant flash there are 4 wires (grey,black,copper,white)
i have short cirrcuited grey and black wire but of no use plz help
zuk logo is visible and my bootloader is also locked .
3rd December 2017, 05:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
cant turn off the phone :'(
3rd December 2017, 06:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancarriv

Hello!
I've been trying to revive my phone but I haven't been able. I cannot post on zukfans because for some reason, I cannot sign up. I says that my info appears spam like, and to contact the admin, whom I cannot find.
I used your deep flash method described in zukfans, and was able to flash with qfil and miflash, but i cannot use my phone.
a complete description of the drama is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/len...brick-t3570563

Any thoughts?

hi, my phone was in hard brick mode,black screen it vibrated every 20 seconds or so, could never turn it off, it wouldnt turn off, i tried everything from the foruns, and finally i thought, well , im gonna open my device back cover, removed the battery plug, reconected, then with a thin copper wire i placed it in the usb end of the charger cable, first connected the phone and then in the pc, removed the wire and voila! it entered the 9008 thingie and i flashed zui 1.9.044
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)