FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

neither can make or recieve call when my network is set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto mode

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By davidmok555, Junior Member on 2nd February 2016, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a LG G Flex model LG-D958. I have this weird problem with making or receiving phone call. If I set the network mode to only GSM mode, then I can make call out and receive incoming phone call. Other than this setting, example when set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto mode, I could only access the internet network in WCDMA or LTE or EDGE mode for DATA access BUT could not receive or make phone call. If I make a call out, it will cut off after several seconds. When I tried calling to my this mobile number from another phone, I could only hear the annouced voicecall telling me that it could not be reached at the moment. Then, when I set it back to GSM only mode..then making or receiving call is back to normal.
My ANdroid version is 4.4.2. Can someone advise me what I can do to get my Flex works again? Thank you

2nd February 2016, 06:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
This is an L23? Where are you located? Its to my understanding those are sold gsm Sim unlocked.
Is this a new Sim card? Is it a GSM network Sim?
Have you changed the software at all?
3rd February 2016, 05:20 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Call problems under different network mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertacomonkeyexplosion

This is an L23? Where are you located? Its to my understanding those are sold gsm Sim unlocked.
Is this a new Sim card? Is it a GSM network Sim?
Have you changed the software at all?

My model is LG-D958. I am not too sure what you meant L23?
I am from Thailand but currently in Malaysia.
Yes, this model is sold in THailand with open sim.
Yes, it is a new Sim card with GSM network that include 3G/4G network access.
THe software I see from the phone setting is D95820d-IND-XX; Android version is 4.4.2

appreciate your help..thanks
3rd February 2016, 02:01 PM |#4  

More
I'm not sure why you would have to change these radio settings at all. It should work right out of the box, except for your carriers specific APN settings.
Have you tried a factory reset? Start from scratch? Have you made any software changes?
3rd February 2016, 05:09 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I'm not sure why you would have to change these radio settings at all. It should work right out of the box, except for your carriers specific APN settings.
Have you tried a factory reset? Start from scratch? Have you made any software changes?

Yes, it supposed to be.. I mean it works for everything except cannot make call if I set it to GSM/3G/4G auto mode. I have done a hard reset but the problem still persists. I was given this phone by my cousin and I am not sure whether any softwares was changed BUT I understand that the original Android version should be 4.2.2 - but now it is 4.4.2, do you think this could be the reason that is the cause of this weird problem?
Maybe it is good to totally unflash and reflash it back to its original software version. Can you guide me to doing this?
THank you
3rd February 2016, 06:35 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Or is there any way that i can run a diagnostic test from within the phone itself? Please advise too, thank you
3rd February 2016, 10:14 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmok555

Or is there any way that i can run a diagnostic test from within the phone itself? Please advise too, thank you

According to the lg website it should only be on 4.2.2.
http://m.lg.com/au/smartphones/lg-G-Flex-D958

I think a fresh start using the lg flash tool would be best.
Make sure you get the right firmware/tot, for your model.
Can you ask ,whomever you got the phone from what and why he changed the software?
4th February 2016, 04:41 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

According to the lg website it should only be on 4.2.2.
http://m.lg.com/au/smartphones/lg-G-Flex-D958

I think a fresh start using the lg flash tool would be best.
Make sure you get the right firmware/tot, for your model.
Can you ask ,whomever you got the phone from what and why he changed the software?

Yes, I have tried flash already but that only update the phone firmware BUT the Android version could not be changed? Any guide as to how I can flash the entire phone to its original firmware that comes with Android Version 4.2.2.? Thanks
5th February 2016, 05:27 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Anyone can help advise me how I could downgrade android version 4.4.2 to 4.2.2. in my LG Flex Model LG-D958?
5th February 2016, 05:29 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Yes, I have tried flash already but that only update the phone firmware BUT the Android version could not be changed? Any guide as to how I can flash the entire phone to its original firmware that comes with Android Version 4.2.2.? Thanks

Hi..can you advise? Thanks
6th February 2016, 12:05 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Hi..can you advise? Thanks

On the LG website, or ask someone on the L23 section. Someone may have posted it already.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)