[ROM][STOCK][30A - 5.0.2] Stock rooted Lollipop Rom for Int. G Pad by skin1980

Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Hi guys, this is the latest Lollipop ROM rolled out by LG for the international G Pad 8.3.

It's the corean update but works just fine with mine and i hope also with your.

INFO:

1- You can flash it with the TWRP like every Rom out here, i used the bumped TWRP in the original devs thread;
2- The kernel is stock, i only set selinux to permissive because in my works for the G3 i've seen that it's the only way to avoid permission issues;
3- it's bumped so doesn't need nothing special, just flash it in TWRP like i said above;
4- You can dirty flash over the stock 4.4.2 ROM, i made it and had no issues at all.
5- If you are asking why you should flash this instead of the kdz, the answer is that with the "kdz way" you will upload your Bootloader too and you will lost the possibility to flash the twrp and any custom kernel since the new BL patch the exploit used by Bump.

DOWNLOAD

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934553953

ROOT:

The rom is unrooted, to root it just flash this in recovery:
http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Credits:
- Team Codefire for the Bump exploit;
- Chainfire for the root stuff;

atlharp

Jan 21, 2012
Newton
OnePlus 7T
Flashed this and everything seems ok so far. Supersu didnt work for me in the first flash with ROM, but when i got back into recovery the second flash worked. Root seems to be pretty strong thus far. I am going to run this for the next few days and see how stock Lollipop is working. Thanks again for this!

Reactions: Skin1980

Bronando

May 30, 2014
Ran for a couple minutes and noticed vibration doesn't work. Do I need to enable something? Pretty solid so far!

Edit: You have to reboot for vibration

Last edited:

cadkey

Jul 27, 2009
Hello,
Very good rom
bye bye kit kat and external sd storage problems
Thank you very much for this rom

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
Fantastic! Thanks for the work and sharing.

Just flashed it dirty and seems to work flawless.
Major improvements over 4.4 are the "recents apps" button and being able to switch user without having to use hard power button.

java87

Nov 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing this!
Can anybody answer me what's with battery, is it worse than on KitKat? And is gamma fixed?
Thank you one again! Cheers!

fazbender

Apr 12, 2014
Calgary
dirty flashed over a fresh 4.4.2 with SU. wiped cache/dalvik . Rebooted and my tablets a lot more Korean than I usually like it. did i do something wrong?

nvrmnd.... blindly stabing at the language tab worked.

Last edited:

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Only issue I've noticed so far is the lockscreen weather doesn't seem to work.
I set it up as you would with the g3 but no luck.
Anyone managed to get it working?
For reference, I started with a completely wiped /formated tablet.

renatohm

Nov 28, 2013
Hey dev, when you say 'dirt flash' you mean I have to wipe nothing? Just like if it is an OTA? Do I lose something?

takis

May 29, 2014
Skin yoy are awsome!

Glad to see you here to.. Lg g3 owner mate congrats and keep doing your thing.... Thanks once again you great developer!!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, this is the latest Lollipop ROM rolled out by LG for the international G Pad 8.3.

It's the corean update but works just fine with mine and i hope also with your.

INFO:

1- You can flash it with the TWRP like every Rom out here, i used the bumped TWRP in the original devs thread;
    2- The kernel is stock, i only set selinux to permissive because in my works for the G3 i've seen that it's the only way to avoid permission issues;
    3- it's bumped so doesn't need nothing special, just flash it in TWRP like i said above;
    4- You can dirty flash over the stock 4.4.2 ROM, i made it and had no issues at all.
    5- If you are asking why you should flash this instead of the kdz, the answer is that with the "kdz way" you will upload your Bootloader too and you will lost the possibility to flash the twrp and any custom kernel since the new BL patch the exploit used by Bump.

DOWNLOAD

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934553953

ROOT:

The rom is unrooted, to root it just flash this in recovery:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Credits:
    - Team Codefire for the Bump exploit;
    - Chainfire for the root stuff;
    I'm about to release a kernel for this rom. It'll be in two flavours: one stock with bug fixes, one with extras and tweaks. I'll look at getting an emmc fix included before I publish.
    I didn't notice that my previous post didn't have any attachments. I added the attachment to my initial post 186. The lines I modified are below:

line 19:
    ro.product.name=awifi_open_eu from ro.product.name=awifi_open_kr

lines 30 to 32:
    ro.product.locale.language=en from ro.product.locale.language=ko
    ro.product.locale.region=GB from ro.product.locale.region=KR
    ro.wifi.channels=14 from ro.wifi.channels=11 (it didn't help with WiFi issues, the ROM doesn't detect 2.4 Ghz channels above 11)

line 244:
    ro.build.target_country=EU from ro.build.target_country=KR
    ro.build.target_region=EU (this one was added because the KitKat build.prop had it, it has no correspondent line in Lollipop build.prop)

line 283:
    persist.splitwindow.support_all=true from persist.splitwindow.support_all=false to be able to use split window with all installed apps
    I have compiled a franco hotplug kernel for this version
    its in test stadium. since I am busy studying right now things slowed down on my side but i will release it when it doesnt show problems