FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[GUIDE] Root, TWRP, CustomROM (for KOT49I.V50020D)

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By unroot_, Junior Member on 3rd October 2014, 03:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2014, 06:02 PM |#11  
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 305

Donate to Me
More
The TWRP part didn't work for me either. I ended up flashing a recovery image (TWRP) through flashify and it messed up my recovery and can no longer access it, luckily tablet is still working.

21st November 2014, 09:43 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I really hope there are easier ways with errors etc to put a cwm recovery as it driving me nuts.
I didn't think i'd have so much trouble on an android as i have with these lg pads.
Should had stuck to samsung, but the hardware and price was just to be avoided and thus went for these slick gpad's
Mine is on 4.4.2 and rooted, just getting recovery to work is stopping me from having nice new roms
22nd November 2014, 11:41 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingchundub

I really hope there are easier ways with errors etc to put a cwm recovery as it driving me nuts.
I didn't think i'd have so much trouble on an android as i have with these lg pads.
Should had stuck to samsung, but the hardware and price was just to be avoided and thus went for these slick gpad's
Mine is on 4.4.2 and rooted, just getting recovery to work is stopping me from having nice new roms

I have a new tutorial to install custom recovery for first time here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...overy-t2945917
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 11:22 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I installed ADB on my pc, Do i install it on my LG GPAD also?, as it is not mentioned.
How do i use it in accordance to your instructions? as i have never once used this before.
I use root explorer, can this be used in anyway?
Thank you
Best wishes
24th November 2014, 01:33 PM |#15  
Recognized Contributor

More
ADB is only installed on your computer. ADB allows you to open a remote shell on your pc to your tablet using the usb cable to connect them to either. You can use Terminal Emulator in place of ADB. You can also move files and change file permissions with Root Explorer also. You will need a shell to execute some commands and that can be done with ADB shell or a Terminal Emulator shell. Both are ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
8th December 2014, 07:14 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thank you for this amazing guide!!
Can you help me on step 2?
Installing custom recovery I can't see the option to "Install" I only see Updte from external/adb/cache.
What I did miss?

Thank you!
20th December 2014, 09:48 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignasiuz

Thank you for this amazing guide!!
Can you help me on step 2?
Installing custom recovery I can't see the option to "Install" I only see Updte from external/adb/cache.
What I did miss?

Thank you!

This means that you may still on stock recovery. Same happened to me, if you want you can follow the steps I provided previously to solve this.
1st January 2015, 02:10 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Anyone can please point me to id10terror's twrp thread?
It seems that there are more than one.
1st January 2015, 05:14 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I did what exactly is in the first post (although I rooted with towelroot, since ioroot got permission issues), but when I go this step and I expect to see the new "interface" with the install option:

2.8 install -> select the recovery you just moved to the internal storage, swipe to confirm

I just still see the stock recovery.
As a matter of interest, I see the in botton two things:

E:missing bitmap stage_empty
Code -1
E:missing bitmap stage_fill
Code -1

I've 4.4.2 v50020d (just bought it) - any ideas?
2nd January 2015, 06:07 PM |#20  
Recognized Contributor

More
If you have ever downgraded your device in order to change aboot and get a working custom recovery, then you can flash this zip in CWM or TWRP to bring your firmware back to 20D.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=57851987
7th January 2015, 04:27 PM |#21  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Another Set of Instructions that May Help
Okay, here is a link to my instructions on how to root and twrp your V500.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)