G Pad II 8 Tablet (LGV498) Bootloader and Rooting

Search This thread

9v9

Jul 26, 2010
Underground
I have searched up and down but can't find any information related to this version of the tablet.

Last time I tried to tinker with the bootloader on this model I bricked it it, with no proper recovery from LG at the time it would not restore and RMA'd. I now have a new one to play with.

Does anyone have any information about a proper method to try and get both root and a custom recovery installed on the LGV498 variant?

Screng

Oct 13, 2017
I have searched up and down but can't find any information related to this version of the tablet.

Last time I tried to tinker with the bootloader on this model I bricked it it, with no proper recovery from LG at the time it would not restore and RMA'd. I now have a new one to play with.

Does anyone have any information about a proper method to try and get both root and a custom recovery installed on the LGV498 variant?

I just rooted mine.

- I installed the *oldest* version of KingRoot that I could. (the 4.1 at the bottom - this whole process failed with the latest 5.2.0)
- i paid 3.99 for Super-Sume Pro in the google store.
- i ran Super-Sume and bam, I have the vert latest SuperSU installed!
- I immediately installed BusyBox Pro (on sale for 1.99 but i already had a pro license)

I have yet to begun trying to upgrade the awful android 5.0.2 yet

hope this helps?

9v9

Jul 26, 2010
Underground
I just rooted mine.

- I installed the *oldest* version of KingRoot that I could. (the 4.1 at the bottom - this whole process failed with the latest 5.2.0)
- I immediately installed BusyBox Pro (on sale for 1.99 but i already had a pro license)

hope this helps?

Thanks for the reply! Last time I tried Kingroot on one of these models I was left with a brick.

Reactions: Screng

Screng

Oct 13, 2017
after another day of goofing with this, i cant get it to boot into recovery mode, that is bricked. luckily it can still boot normally, but i have given up on upgrading its awful 5.0.2 android and i just bought a cheap new tablet, way faster, with 7.1 off of amazon (lenovo, gonna try that brand out). when i realized it was just $120 and would be a lot faster too, well my frustration with this project exceeded the $120 threshold heh.

I wish i could say i actually finished. i had all the Gapps and a ROM and SU zips downloaded, just needed to get it to boot into recovery. sounds simple. it was not.

Reactions: 9v9

9v9

Jul 26, 2010
Underground
after another day of goofing with this, i cant get it to boot into recovery mode, that is bricked. luckily it can still boot normally, but i have given up on upgrading its awful 5.0.2 android and i just bought a cheap new tablet, way faster, with 7.1 off of amazon (lenovo, gonna try that brand out). when i realized it was just $120 and would be a lot faster too, well my frustration with this project exceeded the $120 threshold heh.

I wish i could say i actually finished. i had all the Gapps and a ROM and SU zips downloaded, just needed to get it to boot into recovery. sounds simple. it was not.

Thank you for confirming. :good:

I wish they let this Tablet be more open and upgradable, but I do agree with you that there are better options out there. I am going to try the new LG Gpad X2 Plus next if I get my hands on one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just rooted mine.

hope this helps?

Thanks for the reply! Last time I tried Kingroot on one of these models I was left with a brick.