Stumproot preventing downloads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

APRock

Mar 9, 2014
Attempted to root my Gpad 8.3 early this morning. Was not successful. Downloaded Stumproot and ran it. It fired up, hit "grind", the music played, it said it didn't directly support my device but could try "Brute Force", OK, it started climbing through its BF options. About 4 minutes in, it says reboot to root. Rebooted, came up to the lock screen, it rebooted again on its own, came up to the lock screen, unlocked the screen, hit the Play Store icon to get SuperSU and that's where the trouble started. The window opened up but all I had was the top banner and the left side pop out options (My profile and things..) the main portion of the screen was essentially blank with a "server error" message "Try again". Try as I might, it would not work. So backed out and went in through Chrome on the tablet and had the play store up in Chrome. Got to SuperSU, hit install, there was a brief flash in the notification bar at the top of the tablet, then the triangle error icon. It could not download. Tried going straight to the Chainfire site and getting it there. Either the same error there or I would some times get no icon at the top but the downloads would list the file as "in progress" at 0kb forever! EDIT. I also tried from my desktop with the same results on the tablet.

Currently using the LG MST to hopefully get it back to stock.

Would be interested in your thoughts......

Last edited:

APRock

Mar 9, 2014
Mods, you can delete this entire thread. My bad. New tablet and phone and in getting everything the way I wanted it, I overlooked some things. ADBLOCKER was the problem. The changes required to the WiFi proxy screwed things up. NOT Stump root.

Figured that out, went right back in and got rid of ADBLOCKER, ran Stumproot again, installed SU and we are rooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.