FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[LG G Pad 7.0 v410] Custom boot.img not working

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By roleyus, Junior Member on 18th January 2016, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
xdadev won't let me post this in lg g pad 7.0 forums (too new) so have to post here. Maybe similar on g pad 8.3

I created a custom boot.img (small edit, replaced /sbin/chargerlogo with /system/bin/reboot with Android Kitchen), but whenever I try to flash the boot.img (with Rashr, after correcting the permissions) and reboot, it sticks on the LG logo and there is an error at the top ("Error: boot verification failed"). Same issue using cofface's unpack/repacker for kernel.

I noticed the boot.img I create using any method is always less than half the file size of the stock image boot.img. Something isn't adding up, anyone know possible why?

I can boot up to TWRP and restore the boot, but anyone have a suggestion on why the boot.img might not be working?

Maybe I have to unlock the bootloader? Anyone know how to do that on this device?

I'm not sure I'm even asking the right questions here, any lead is greatly appreciated!

16th March 2016, 08:11 AM |#2  

More
same exact thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by roleyus

xdadev won't let me post this in lg g pad 7.0 forums (too new) so have to post here. Maybe similar on g pad 8.3

I created a custom boot.img (small edit, replaced /sbin/chargerlogo with /system/bin/reboot with Android Kitchen), but whenever I try to flash the boot.img (with Rashr, after correcting the permissions) and reboot, it sticks on the LG logo and there is an error at the top ("Error: boot verification failed"). Same issue using cofface's unpack/repacker for kernel.

I noticed the boot.img I create using any method is always less than half the file size of the stock image boot.img. Something isn't adding up, anyone know possible why?

I can boot up to TWRP and restore the boot, but anyone have a suggestion on why the boot.img might not be working?

Maybe I have to unlock the bootloader? Anyone know how to do that on this device?

I'm not sure I'm even asking the right questions here, any lead is greatly appreciated!

i also have an lg glad 7.0 att v410 running 5.0.2 the only was i could root it was if i used root king and that was all i could do. I'm despretly trying to unlock the boot loader for days now and no success. SAME THING ERROR BOOT CERTIFICATION VERIFY. I DID FIND THAT IF I USE THE TWRP 2.8.5.0 FOR V400 NOT V410 FLASH TO RCOVORY VIA FLASHILY AND WHENI REBOOT ITS IN FASTBOOT MODE. SO I THINK THATS THE 1ST STEP IN ULOCKING THE BOOTLOADER NOT SURE THOUGHT I NEED HELP TO NAD NO ONE ON THE INTERNET KNOWS. sorry i guess i hit caps lol
20th January 2017, 07:36 PM |#3  

More
Maybe you can help
Im probably digging in a graveyard here but i accidently flashed my boot instead of recovery in twrp. Well now im screwed i can still get into twrp with full functionality however i need the original boot.img or a boot.img that will boot up my Tablet. I have an Lg Gpad 7.0 LTE V410 but im assuming i need a new boot file to flash as i have screwed mine up. But please any help will be so appreciated as i can not do anything without it. I can get to twrp without an issue and download mode without an issue. Thank you in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)